Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Dumb & Dumber To - 8/10

Looking very much forward to seeing that.  LOVE the original -- I've seen it just as many times as I've seen some of my favorite horror movies, which is high double-digits.  And it always, always makes me laugh.

I'll actually be going in to the sequel with my expectations intentionally low, just in case.  That way I can be -- hopefully -- pleasantly surprised. lol

I thought it was pretty decent sequel. It's certainly not as great as the original film, but it still manages to be hilarious!

^Good to hear. I also look forward to seeing Jeff Daniels in next years "The Martian", that's also being directed by Ridley Scott.

IT CAN BE DONE AMIGO (Italian, 1972)  Good enough but not outstanding seriocomic spaghetti western with Bud Spencer and Jack Palance.

^Woah, a wild Ghost Daddy appearance.

Nice to see you pop in ya big goof. big_smile

Miracle On 34th Street 1973

I have seen the other two movies, never saw this movie before l , this was not as good as the original or 1994 remake

I just could not get into this movie at all, This movie was missing something, I can not put my finger on it!

I just didn't enjoy it, while i was watching, it took me while to get into the movie, as most of the movie scene from scene remake but scenes felt empty and still

the acting was okay from the cast

4/10

big hero 6

Rushmore (1998)

I like Wes Anderson, and I like how his films have a quirky style to them. His style gets poked fun at sometimes, but I like it because his comedies typically stand out from others.

X-Men Days of Future Past.  Directed by Bryan Singer.  Very cool movie.   Brought new life back to the franchise.

star trek: first contact

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
7/10

22 Jump Street (2014)
I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be fun and mostly well done. Ice Cube and Jillian Bell stole the show.
7/10

I liked 21 Jump Street because it had Ellie Kemper in it and she was smoking hot as usual. big_smile

^ Yeah she's great! I liked the first allot too, I was just skeptical of the sequel.

godzilla (2014)

That's My Boy (2012)

I thought the first half of the movie had some funny bits, but then the rest just fell flat and tried too hard to be funny with the raunchy comedy. Leave the raunchy stuff to Will Ferrell and Zach Galifinakis, Adam Sandler. I did however think Andy Samberg was pretty good in this, I've always liked him on SNL.

Adam Sandler hasn't made a good movie for nearly the last decade imo! lol
Like you said, they have their moments, but mostly try hard and flop (not from a financial perspective though). I agree though, Andy Samberg made that movie watchable.

Started watching Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, it's good so far.

Last edited by Harsh Creep (2014-11-20 14:35:39)

I like Samberg on Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's a funny show on Fox. Too bad their won't be an Office spin-off, that was my go-to comedy show.

Yeah, I would've like to see the Schrute Farm spin-off.

22 jump street 9/10

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

A movie about an unlikely group of intergalactic mercenaries, and it also features a cast of unlikely actors you'd never guess would hit it off so well. Seriously, this movie just spews awesome, it's like Star Wars for a new generation. My only grip with the movie is the villain Ronan the Accuser, he didn't come off to me as a big threat when we know Thanos is lurking out there and making a big bang in the upcoming "Infinity Wars" movie. But still, I can tell it's going to be a good year with all these sci-fi movies.

I enjoyed it because as a comic book fan, I never in a million years would have thought we'd get such obscure characters as Rocket Raccoon and Ronan the Accuser in a mega-budget, mainstream film.  Feige and Gunn did some real digging to bring those characters to the fore, and here's to hoping the inevitable GotG 2 does the same thing.  I mean how awesome would it be to see a character like Adam Warlock or Super Skrull or Lockjaw on the big screen?

That said, I did have a few issues with the movie, mostly in regards to pacing and the rather generic storyline.  But the performances make it enjoyable, as do the little things -- like Groot cheerfully smiling at the camera after impaling and slamming around a number of baddies, or Yondu (the always enjoyable Michael Rooker) talking gibberish when a guy he's questioning isn't giving him the answers he's looking for.  Little comical touches like that are what made it fun for me.

amazing spider-man 2        7/10