Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Harsh Creep wrote:
The Creature wrote:
Harsh Creep wrote:

The Mist (2007)
I've always loved this movie. I watched it with some people who were mocking the ending slightly. The biggest issue in the ending is that military arrives directly after the events in the car, or so it seems as there is no sense of elapsed time. Maybe it would've been better if the military showing up was left out, or if we watched David wander around in the fog for a while and had some sense of time passing.

I can def. understand people's dislike of the ending. But, I think the lack of elapsed time was a purposeful element to create the sense of complete dread and doom and sadness. It is truly one of the most depressing finales I've ever witnessed on film. Which is what makes it unique, depending on one's point of view.

Depressing it is, maybe that's why many people laugh at it and crack jokes? They don't want to think or feel how crushing that situation would be.

I think you're on to something there. Laughter/snickering could certainly be a defense mechanism of sorts. I remember making up internal sarcastic, humorous remarks while watching A Serbian Film during some of the most disturbing scenes.