Topic: Is A Tale of Two Sisters any good?

I'm thinking about watching it.

No slitting of the wrist's in this, is there?

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-26 01:48:33)

Re: Is A Tale of Two Sisters any good?

This movie is great, But the movie is really confusing
Need to watch this movie A few times to understand it.

Sound's like Pulse (Kairo), because that movie is confusing too.

My all time favorite Asian horror film.  It is beautifully shot and effectively creepy.  It does take multiple viewings to really take it all in though.

Hmm I didn't think this one was confusing at all.. Well as long as you watch the deleted scenes.. For some reason the director cut a very crucial scene that ties everything together.. I really love this film and highly suggest it..

I didnt care for it. I was bored hmm

"sisters" is a great flick, one of my favorites.

A classic j-horror every horror fan should see.  Very creepy!

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Not J-Horror.. This film is actually South Korean.. so K-Horror.. big_smile

Goon wrote:
The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Not J-Horror.. This film is actually South Korean.. so K-Horror.. big_smile

Yeah I hate the term J-Horror......a lot of these films are coming out of Singapore, Korea, China....etc etc, so I just usually stick with Asian Horror

And Goon what you said about the deleted scenes, I couldn't agree with you more.  Definitely puzzling why the one was cut as it really pieced everything together nicely

I think the mom and the sister are both crazy, am I right or wrong?

Because I think they both imagine something there that's not, and the same for the girl
who had something that looked like a seizure.

Unless the mom imagined that girl having a seizure, because she seemed to be the only
one worried about it.

Unless the mom and the daughter, both suffer from guilt.

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-27 02:52:52)

Lot of good thoughts on the subject over at an old thread for the film:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=4485

Interesting... Thanks jmh314

It helped me understand the movie more

kudos for that link

I have it on dvd and enjoyed the film. I was confused at the ending to it but I do understand it now cause some of my friends on here explained it to me and it's a cool asian film.

i've heard good & bad things about a movie caled "Oldboy" and saw a little bit on tv about it and wondered if it was worth seeing? it sounds really interesting so i was wondering if you guys would reccomend it or not.

Easily my favourite Asian horror film and one of my all-time favourites...Amazing film.

Ash's missing hand wrote:

i've heard good & bad things about a movie caled "Oldboy" and saw a little bit on tv about it and wondered if it was worth seeing? it sounds really interesting so i was wondering if you guys would reccomend it or not.

You should definitely watch Oldboy.  It's one of my favorite Asian movies and probably one of the best movies I've seen in the last 5 years.

Last edited by mdc666 (2007-10-29 01:39:25)

I'm definitley gonna watch it then.

Yeah Ash Oldboy is fantastic.  I own the 3 disc collectors edition in the tin case.  I love it.  I dont know if it is "horror" or not.  I mean it's a revenge film but doesnt have much horror involved....but it still is a bad ass flick

Ash's missing hand wrote:

Oldboy is great and I own it too on dvd and highly reccomend it especially for the great axe fighting hallway scene. Don't forget to not eat anything while you see the guy eat a live squid in it lol.