Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

I have a new sample of a new track I'll be posting later tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Harsh Creep (2015-02-26 17:20:24)

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
Sooeet!!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2015-02-26 17:38:52)

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

It's a bit more ambient than the last one, still gloomy and kind of heavy though. A good bud of mine is to record a bunch of guitar samples for me so I can chop em up.

http://youtu.be/OnDmjSGhggE

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
Man that's insanely DOOMish. Cool. Very.
Downladed and stuck into my HUGE iTunes playlist. big_smile

Kick ass cover too BTW.

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Thanks Punk! Hopefully it pops up in the playlist. lol

531

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Harsh Creep wrote:

It's a bit more ambient than the last one, still gloomy and kind of heavy though. A good bud of mine is to record a bunch of guitar samples for me so I can chop em up.

http://youtu.be/OnDmjSGhggE

Playing now. Very eerie. I'm digging it. Punk's right bit of a doom vibe, but also industrial and gothic. I would actually say it reminds me a bit of Burzum's more ambient music, and I mean that as a compliment.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:10:13)

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Thanks, one of your posts influenced a part of it again. I was thinking of titles and you said you were feeling ambivalent in a thread, Ambivalence fit the vibe.

I'm definitely aiming for industrial/gothic with a hint of metal, good to know I'm on the right track.
I'll listen to some Burzum tomorrow, I'm not familiar with them.

533

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Harsh Creep wrote:

Thanks, one of your posts influenced a part of it again. I was thinking of titles and you said you were feeling ambivalent in a thread, Ambivalence fit the vibe.

I'm definitely aiming for industrial/gothic with a hint of metal, good to know I'm on the right track.
I'll listen to some Burzum tomorrow, I'm not familiar with them.

lol Glad I could help with a song title.
They're some pretty dark, depressing and strange stuff. For the stuff I'm more referring to, check out Filosofem. Very dark and ethereal. The vocals may throw you off, but to me they fit perfectly.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:21:57)

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

I'm listening to the first track off of Filosofem and I hear the similarities. His vocals fit very well with the high gain guitars. I like it.

535

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Actually I am spinning it to, it'd been a while. Still a solid album.

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Nice! The main discography is a reasonable size. Sometimes I try to get into metal bands that have been around for a while and they have like 30 albums. lol Great if you're a fan, but overwhelming for a noob.

537

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

wouldn't worry too much about their whole discog, you may dig it, but the early stuff is super raw black metal (huzzah for me). And honestly they are ridiculously racist, haha.

Varg, the main songwriter was imprisoned for murder most of his youth, and wrote much of his music there. He was only released a couple years ago. Absolutely insane story that goes with Norwegian black metal.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:47:06)

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^ I've actually watched Until The Light Takes Us, very crazy story for sure. Was he interview on there? I might have to revisit that doc soon.

539

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Harsh Creep wrote:

^ I've actually watched Until The Light Takes Us, very crazy story for sure. Was he interview on there? I might have to revisit that doc soon.

Never saw the doc, I read the book that really spread the word of NBM through the world, can't seem to recall it's name right now though.

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
No a fan of latest Burzum at all but the first album is PURE GENIUS

541

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Haven't heard their newest stuff.

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
DON'T!!! Hahaha

543

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Fair enough. They have a solid enough back catalog that it doesn't matter. And there's always new bands to check out.

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
Truth, discover some every damn day. Too many Metal Facebook Groups I'm in. Hahaha

545

Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

And there's still so many old, obscure and/or foreign bands yet to be discovered too. I love delving into the underground and digging up gems.