Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

I have a new sample of a new track I'll be posting later tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Harsh Creep (2015-02-26 17:20:24)

^^^
Sooeet!!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2015-02-26 17:38:52)

It's a bit more ambient than the last one, still gloomy and kind of heavy though. A good bud of mine is to record a bunch of guitar samples for me so I can chop em up.

http://youtu.be/OnDmjSGhggE

^^^
Man that's insanely DOOMish. Cool. Very.
Downladed and stuck into my HUGE iTunes playlist. big_smile

Kick ass cover too BTW.

Thanks Punk! Hopefully it pops up in the playlist. lol

Harsh Creep wrote:

It's a bit more ambient than the last one, still gloomy and kind of heavy though. A good bud of mine is to record a bunch of guitar samples for me so I can chop em up.

http://youtu.be/OnDmjSGhggE

Playing now. Very eerie. I'm digging it. Punk's right bit of a doom vibe, but also industrial and gothic. I would actually say it reminds me a bit of Burzum's more ambient music, and I mean that as a compliment.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:10:13)

Thanks, one of your posts influenced a part of it again. I was thinking of titles and you said you were feeling ambivalent in a thread, Ambivalence fit the vibe.

I'm definitely aiming for industrial/gothic with a hint of metal, good to know I'm on the right track.
I'll listen to some Burzum tomorrow, I'm not familiar with them.

Harsh Creep wrote:

Thanks, one of your posts influenced a part of it again. I was thinking of titles and you said you were feeling ambivalent in a thread, Ambivalence fit the vibe.

I'm definitely aiming for industrial/gothic with a hint of metal, good to know I'm on the right track.
I'll listen to some Burzum tomorrow, I'm not familiar with them.

lol Glad I could help with a song title.
They're some pretty dark, depressing and strange stuff. For the stuff I'm more referring to, check out Filosofem. Very dark and ethereal. The vocals may throw you off, but to me they fit perfectly.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:21:57)

I'm listening to the first track off of Filosofem and I hear the similarities. His vocals fit very well with the high gain guitars. I like it.

Actually I am spinning it to, it'd been a while. Still a solid album.

Nice! The main discography is a reasonable size. Sometimes I try to get into metal bands that have been around for a while and they have like 30 albums. lol Great if you're a fan, but overwhelming for a noob.

wouldn't worry too much about their whole discog, you may dig it, but the early stuff is super raw black metal (huzzah for me). And honestly they are ridiculously racist, haha.

Varg, the main songwriter was imprisoned for murder most of his youth, and wrote much of his music there. He was only released a couple years ago. Absolutely insane story that goes with Norwegian black metal.

Last edited by Theli (2015-02-27 01:47:06)

^ I've actually watched Until The Light Takes Us, very crazy story for sure. Was he interview on there? I might have to revisit that doc soon.

Harsh Creep wrote:

^ I've actually watched Until The Light Takes Us, very crazy story for sure. Was he interview on there? I might have to revisit that doc soon.

Never saw the doc, I read the book that really spread the word of NBM through the world, can't seem to recall it's name right now though.

^^^
No a fan of latest Burzum at all but the first album is PURE GENIUS

Haven't heard their newest stuff.

^^^
DON'T!!! Hahaha

Fair enough. They have a solid enough back catalog that it doesn't matter. And there's always new bands to check out.

^^^
Truth, discover some every damn day. Too many Metal Facebook Groups I'm in. Hahaha

And there's still so many old, obscure and/or foreign bands yet to be discovered too. I love delving into the underground and digging up gems.