Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Breeders (1997)
A full on cheese-fest/no brainer. Alien and hot chick come to earth and cocoon other hot chicks in the sewers. The Alien was bad-ass looking and this movie features some of the slimiest cocoons around! Seriously, what did they make them out of? Aloe Vera Gel, K-Y, and Vaseline?! lol
7/10

It Follows

I was interested in this when I saw the trailer first, so I had a little bit of hope for it going in. But because of The Babadook, I was keeping my expectations mostly at bay. The story is really interesting, it's about a teenager girl who believes something/someone is following her. This obviously can touch people because mostly everyone has the thought at least once in their life that they are being followed - and it is not nice.

Anyways, in areas this movie is phenomenal. Like the soundtrack and the editing and especially the camera work too. I just loved all of those things, they were all done to a tee. Now, the first half of this movie is great. It keeps you in the shadows for a bit, and you don't know what is going on, and then you find out. And again, it is REALLY awesome. The whole first half of this movie is really good. I'd even go further than that, I'd say the whole movie apart from the very last act are amazing.

Which leads me into the main problem with the film, the ending is absolute trash. I actually believe that the director had no idea how to properly end the film, of course it has an 'ending' but it is not a proper one. There's no proper pay off. And my other MAIN issue is, which I cannot go into details for spoilers, but when it happened on screen, I literally said out loud in the cinema:

"Fuck off. Just fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk offffffffffffffffffffffffffff."

It was THAT dumb and ridiculous.

Overall, it is a very good original movie that has such a flat out awful ending.

Grade: C+

Harsh Creep wrote:

Oh Death Proof! I might give grindhouse a watch tonight. big_smile
Yeah the actress who played Beth was great, as was the boyfriend and his brother. All around an awesome cast. I love when the grandpa comes back "I fought in WWII, and I know attics!" lmao.

Damn post cut! mad

Oh damn yeah that replic was one of the funniest of the film and there's a bunch of them. big_smile

Breeders is SOLID and yeah the cocoons were slimy as ALL H3LL!!! lol

Glad to hear that Scavenger, means I'll dig the ending. Mwahahaha

Just got through Children of the Corn 666 : Isaac's return - so far this seems to be the closest thing to a logical sequel from the original.

up next is Children of the Corn: Revelations

desensitized wrote:

made it through children of the corn II-V last night, gonna finish off the rest tonight including the remake.

So far, my best to worst list is as followed:
children of the corn
children of the corn IV
children of the corn III
children of the corn II
children of the corn V

Interesting to see one of the later ones getting some love. Seems like most prefer the first 3. Where does 666 rank amongst them, or how about the remake from '09?

Also figured since you're seshing them, you might be interested in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKgvnn-tNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcL0b23Q6L4

A short based on the SK story that was released in '83.

Theli wrote:
desensitized wrote:

made it through children of the corn II-V last night, gonna finish off the rest tonight including the remake.

So far, my best to worst list is as followed:
children of the corn
children of the corn IV
children of the corn III
children of the corn II
children of the corn V

Interesting to see one of the later ones getting some love. Seems like most prefer the first 3. Where does 666 rank amongst them, or how about the remake from '09?

Also figured since you're seshing them, you might be interested in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKgvnn-tNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcL0b23Q6L4

A short based on the SK story that was released in '83.

definitely gonna check the short out .

New ranking as followed:

children of the corn
children of the corn 666: Isaac's return- (much stronger than any of the previous sequels)
children of the corn IV
children of the corn III
children of the corn II
children of the corn V

as far as the remake goes I haven't made it to it yet. I still have revelations, the remake and genesis left to go.

Just finished revelations.

New ranking as followed:

children of the corn
children of the corn 666: Isaac's return- (much stronger than any of the previous sequels)
children of the corn IV (interesting note: Naomi Watts from The Ring and the king kong remake stars in this one)
children of the corn III
children of the corn: Revelations(technically part VII)
children of the corn II
children of the corn V

Onward to the remake and then to Genesis .

Last edited by desensitized (Yesterday 18:45:36)

Nice thanks for the updates!

Gotta agree totally with you on 666. Best of all the sequels IMO. Along with Naomi's one, OF COURSE, I dig this chick. smile

just finished the remake

New ranking as followed:

children of the corn
children of the corn IV: The Gathering (interesting note: Naomi Watts from The Ring and the king kong remake stars in this one)
children of the corn (2009) - surprisingly I found this to be a pretty solid remake, despite a few annoying characters.
children of the corn III: Urban Harvest
children of the corn II: The Final Sacrifice
children of the corn V: Fields of Terror

Last on the list is Genesis

Last edited by desensitized (Yesterday 21:01:02)

just finished the entirety of the children of the corn series

New ranking as followed:

children of the corn
children of the corn IV: The Gathering (interesting note: Naomi Watts from The Ring and the king kong remake stars in this one)
children of the corn (2009) - surprisingly I found this to be a pretty solid remake, despite a few annoying characters.
children of the corn III: Urban Harvest
children of the corn II: The Final Sacrifice
children of the corn V: Fields of Terror
children of the corn: Genesis - This one is probably the weakest film in the series, as it barely was a children of the corn film. Its a modern version of one of those title release films, that originally had nothing to do with the franchise but it would make money if it bared its name.

office killer (1997) - it was labeled as a horror comedy but I'd barely call it comedic. I found it hard to even crack a smirk through the entire thing. The whole film just felt forced and awkward. A lot of comedy horror along the same lines sprouted up in the 90's like this and I cant really explain why.

EXTRACTED 2012

Man the GIANT WILD AS H3LL FILM THIS IS!!!

Dude invents a machine that can take a brain to another one kinda like in The Cell but only in memory and less Gore. It really is a Psychological film and fuck it shoots your mind all over the damn place.

A guy is convicted of murder and a Police bunch which gave him cash to help out for the development of the machine bring him to verify if he's really the murder or not. Tom, Shasha Roiz gets in Anthony, Dominic Bogart's head but there's a fuck with the machine so he stays stuck into Anthony's mind. Insanely good acting and Tom's wife, Jenny Mollen is sublime and great. smile

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1925065_867974019933646_6885900937850642016_n.jpg?oh=f60c3e449c426a5d2dfb8ace76f7aa22&oe=55790DDD

In a scene he's stays 2 weeks stuck in the same memory spot, H3LL dude is patient as fuck. lol
Works great because the memory of Anthony can now see him. Anthony said in the hangar meeting spot, I'm sick of this place, let's go somewhere else at the pool was great and we see the GF that he supposedly killed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11025798_867974089933639_1872064927077585901_n.jpg?oh=cc6bbfc03f687b3462622150fedb7627&oe=557ADE26&__gda__=1435930956_430854e1bca11044e41ff5558056dc56

Also loved he decided to go at his "I could relive this memory forever" at the end. Most touching scene of the film to me, when he see his daughter that wasn't born when he transfered into the dude's memory, woah...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11043270_867974059933642_5031345475400018557_n.jpg?oh=77d5198b69e2ff6a85d433a1b73d5da8&oe=557E629F&__gda__=1435692839_b6a16ecc25a5749b4cf5657ac2dc3281

Man the atmosphere and construction is absolutely phenomenal. A film I would strongly recommend to all fans of this kinda films. WONDER, pure. smile

Trailer: http://youtu.be/18lxSQrbsUA

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11042961_867973959933652_2103942266228137831_n.jpg?oh=d79a6c2080e2cd35c7a46bfd89052e8d&oe=554C59A3&__gda__=1435477141_125dcb786ae59203bd687a767df790ef

Last edited by kXnPunk (Today 01:20:30)

desensitized wrote:

office killer (1997) - it was labeled as a horror comedy but I'd barely call it comedic. I found it hard to even crack a smirk through the entire thing. The whole film just felt forced and awkward. A lot of comedy horror along the same lines sprouted up in the 90's like this and I cant really explain why.

I'm not a fan of comedy horrors. For me, the two don't go together. Horror should never be funny unless it's subtly done as in The Fearless Vampire Killers.

^^^
I personally like horror parody and comedic mixture, if done correctly. I can name off a large sum who did rather well with a comedic blend, such as: critters, Gremlins, army of darkness, evil dead, arachnophobia... I'll stop cause the list goes on for a good ways lol