Topic: what scares you the most?

Apparently there are three basic human fears...
the fear of falling,
the fear of sudden loud noise (boo!),
the fear of fire,
all other fears are derivative of these three ancient fears

Of all the emotions, the brain devotes the most space and energy to fear.

... but what scares you the most?

Is it the sight of oozing blood, black eyes (no whites),
rotting flesh, sudden movement...?

com on don't be scared.... let me in.....

Last edited by shanel (2007-10-26 00:41:11)

Re: what scares you the most?

ghosts
drowning
fire

For me personally it's falling. I'm not afraid of heights but if I'm on a roof I worry about the landing. Plus I use to have reoccuring dreams when I was younger about falling, never landing just falling and today it freaks me out to be on a roof.

I am scared of burning to death,
catching a flesh eating virus,
waking up covered in cockroaches.

I'm not afraid of anything. Name it and i'm not afraid of it. I'm not afraid of death or dying. My ideal way and dream of my perfect way to die is by a tornado.

hey tough guy lol

I bet you'd be afraid of waking up with a toothless old zombie with running sores all over *its* body puffing on a cigar becos *it* had just done several hours of the wild thang with your unconcious body and posted the results on YouTube...

does that scare you?:lol:

On a lighter note, I like the tornado idea? Brilliant.

I know how I'm going to die, cause I sense it deep inside - either car crash or drown and I'm OK with either

I am going to die of a masssive catastrophic heart att

Car Crash would be a good death, or a bullet to the head.

Maybe even falling off a building by accident.

I think these would all equal instant death.

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-26 01:27:08)

noooo I don't want to die from falling roll

shanel wrote:

I bet you'd be afraid of waking up with a toothless old zombie with running sores all over *its* body puffing on a cigar becos *it* had just done several hours of the wild thang with your unconcious body and posted the results on YouTube...

does that scare you?:lol:

On a lighter note, I like the tornado idea? Brilliant.

I'm glad you really like that idea. Everyone has the perfect way to die and honestly that is my perfect way. Now the reason why i'm not afraid of anything including death and dying is b/c i've died almost 3 different times in my life. And when the time comes, it will happen.

DemonToSome wrote:

hey tough guy lol

Hey the reason why i'm tough is b/c not only have i died almost 3 different times but also i'm a goalie for ice hockey and i encounter all different things while playing. And if you know, you definitely gotta have plenty of balls to play ice hockey but mainly be a goalie. And another thing is that i've been getting hurt my entire life and continuing to get hurt. So i'm definitely not afraid of getting hurt.

i'd want to die in a car (or motorcycle) crash, going really fast

Only two things in life scare me:  dental work, and something happening to my daughter.

Other than that, bring it on.

im afraid of sharing a bunk bed with oprah at her heaviest and her asking for the top bunk EEEEEE!! sad

seriously (and realistic fears) would have to go to spiders,ghosts,and sharks (thank speilberg and jaws for that)

unrealistic it would go to the living dead -armies and amries coming at you -thats fucked up.its kind of weird they freak me out yet i watch and watch and watch hmm go figure

Gnomes....

birds
clowns
balloons
my hair catching on fire

This may sound corny, but I can remember chatting with some friends not long ago, and we were reminiscing about our party days and such when we were in our late teens.  We talked about getting so high or drunk.  suddenly, the thought occured to us that most of us lost a significant amount of time during those states or stupors...  That scared and still scares the hell of out me..  I still can't recall or piece together a 1hr or 2 hr timeline.  that's truly frightening.

other than that, swimming in a lake or ocean when you're out where it's so deep I can't see the bottom; the hair always stands up on my neck when I look down and see just a black gloom...

There is nothing that scares me like spiders.
I hate them!!

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

birds
clowns
balloons
my hair catching on fire

actually my hair has caught on fire. i was sitting at the dinner table with my parnets and i leaned forward to get a biscuit, and we had candles in the middle of the table. my hair got caught onto the candle. my dad threw water at me so nothing really happened, but my hair did burn a little
i was 12 or 13 at the time lol

Last edited by Kill The Firstborn (2007-10-26 12:00:33)

cronenbergfan wrote:

swimming in a lake or ocean when you're out where it's so deep I can't see the bottom; the hair always stands up on my neck when I look down and see just a black gloom...

yeah that scares me too actually

shanel wrote:
cronenbergfan wrote:

swimming in a lake or ocean when you're out where it's so deep I can't see the bottom; the hair always stands up on my neck when I look down and see just a black gloom...

movies like lake placid dont help either im sure

skincarver wrote:
shanel wrote:
cronenbergfan wrote:

movies like lake placid dont help either im sure

Actually Jaws... hehe

water and being in a closed tight area...