Topic: Ghosthunters Halloween live special on Sci-fi

Tonight there is a live episode of Ghosthunters on the Sci-fi channel and they will be shooting live at Waverly Hills Sanatoruim in Louisville, Kentucky. The film Death Tunnel was filmed there at that location too as well.

Re: Ghosthunters Halloween live special on Sci-fi

that is one looong special....never seen Ghost Hunters but I may check it out...I know there is a Documentary DVd floating around on Waverly Hills but I heard it was not that good....

not a fan of the show...........i thought i had seen that place before when i saw the commercials but i just could'nt think of where

I'm watching a little bit of the show tonight in between movies.

im watching it now.that brian kid gets on my nerves (has since the show first aired) but the girl in the group ,chris, is good looking so it breaks even with me.i just wish these damn ghosts would do something special rather than slight movement out of the corner of the eye which could be debunked as "tricks of the mind".and what the hell is with bringing an ECW wrestler -do they plan on pinning the ghost if it appears.i can see it now they call for little timmy the child ghost "we are not here to hurt you" and the ghost shows up and the wrestler starts to clothesline him with grant and jason commentating "oh man what a shot to the head" then elijah goes for the pin and grant is doing the referee count to three tongue

just on a side note in reference to ghost hunters.it talks about the possibility that some of their work is in fact rigged by the cast and crew to increase ratings

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/06-08-10.html

skincarver wrote:

just on a side note in reference to ghost hunters.it talks about the possibility that some of their work is in fact rigged by the cast and crew to increase ratings

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/06-08-10.html

Yeah I think alot of their stuff is rigged cause I personally don't believe in ghosts. I believe in spirits as angels but not ghosts haunting.

skincarver wrote:

and what the hell is with bringing an ECW wrestler -do they plan on pinning the ghost if it appears.

So what, there cant be guest stars by wrestlers on TV shows?  They used to have celebrity versions of this all the time.   The main reason they brought int Elijah Burke is because it is a SciFi show, and ECW is on SciFi.  Some of the ECW wrestlers have been on other shows such as "So You Wanna Be a Superhero".

jmh314 wrote:
skincarver wrote:

and what the hell is with bringing an ECW wrestler -do they plan on pinning the ghost if it appears.

So what, there cant be guest stars by wrestlers on TV shows?  They used to have celebrity versions of this all the time.   The main reason they brought int Elijah Burke is because it is a SciFi show, and ECW is on SciFi.  Some of the ECW wrestlers have been on other shows such as "So You Wanna Be a Superhero".

when you bring in celebrity guest stars i personally think it takes away from the professionalism of their research.and i was reading about ghost hunters a lot last night and they have a HUGE problem with looking authentic in the paranormal community so to bring in someone with no real knowledge of whats going on or how the equipment works makes it more like a corny reality show than an investigation into the world of the paranormal

it was funny though when the wrestler jumped up and ran like a little bitch at the last hour lol

For the most part I like this show. Watch it regularly. How ever I only managed to last for about an hour and gave up. The music was distracting all the chatter between the
Hunters, how was anyone going to hear anything with all that noise? Think it would scare of the ghosts.
Did anyone watch it all the way through?
Got to say I was very disappointed with this event. Anyway I'll check out the reveal next week to see what I missed, if anything.

mothermayhem wrote:

For the most part I like this show. Watch it regularly. How ever I only managed to last for about an hour and gave up. The music was distracting all the chatter between the
Hunters, how was anyone going to hear anything with all that noise? Think it would scare of the ghosts.
Did anyone watch it all the way through?
Got to say I was very disappointed with this event. Anyway I'll check out the reveal next week to see what I missed, if anything.

i actually sat throught the entire six hours (i switched between that and halloween marathon on american movie classics).the last hour was the best cuz the wrestler felt something on his left shoulder and heard a noice at the same time and he literally jumped and ran like a little girl.hell NEVER live that down