Re: Introduce Yourself

^^^
Oh, I'd definitely be down for a Halloween marathon! I've only got Google+ though cuz my shitty old laptop can't run skype hmm

^^^
I popped up an old HM Movie thread but it went back down in the basement. Man, been weeks nobody ever comes in the Google Chat. Just me and Theli very rarely.

I'm up to watch flicks ANY FUCKING DAY man so GET IN damnit. lol

^^^
Yeah, I've been stupid busy with work but I'm gonna ask for less hours so I should be back on Google+ in the near future! And we have the same taste in movies so it works out perfect smile

^^^
H3LL yeah. Watching MONSTERS DARK CONTINENT now and the beginning is great. Army oriented this time... I'm curious to see how it turns out...

LoudLon wrote:

Nice of you to say, Ghostie, but I wasn't looking for accolades (at least not intentionally lol ).  But you're right, there isn't really any kind of "loop" to speak of.  We're not -- or at least I'm not --  informed of any kind of changes or anything like that which may occur.  Hell, I wasn't even informed I was being made a mod.  I just logged in one day and suddenly had all these extra buttons and could see everyone's IP addresses and was like "What the hell happened here?" lol

As things are, I do think the board's glory days are behind it.  Even before registration was closed it had reached the point where only a small but loyal core group of members were keeping it afloat.  So unless registration is re-opened and there's a sudden flood of new members, right now is about as good as it's going to get.

Something curious about this site that I've always wondered about is all the guest users on the forum. Are they actually reading forum posts or are people from the news section of the site considered guest users? At any given time there are 20-30 guests and if that's for the forum only it seems there is still a considerable amount of interest.

I'll ask another question too, what year was this forum created? 2006, right?

HC - I'd wager the majority of those guests are bots.  That's all they can be since they can't auto-register anymore.

Tri - I joined in '07 (in four days I'll have been here for exactly 8 years) and I think it had been around for a couple years or so by that point.  So yeah, '05 or '06.

^^^
WOW!!! I need to worship you. lol