Topic: One Step Beyond

Since my birthday is on Nov. 7, I received an early present from my aunt and it was a 50 episode collection of this show, One Step Beyond, that apparently aired from 1959-1961 (before the Twilight Zone).  While I have not watched many episodes, I am curious if anyone else has heard of or watched this show. The difference with the Twilight Zone is that this show based its episodes off of 'real life' incidents (or so the box says).  Of what I have watched, this show is very good and I really like it. 

For example, one episode that I have watched deals with the Titanic and focuses on a couple who went on it.  While the story is good, the more interesting part is when the host of the show talks about a book at the end called, Futility (also known as Wreck of the Titan) which was published in 1896.  The book is pretty much about a ship exactly like the Titanic and how it sinks from hitting an iceberg.  While some differences exist, there are some surprisng similarities. 

Anyways, I am just curious if anyone else has heard of this show.  I think it is interesting and I look forward to more episodes.

Re: One Step Beyond

Happy Birthday!!!! I have not heard of One Step Beyond, but it sounds really interesting. Enjoy!!!

happy b-day...........yeah i havent heard of this show either..........I enjoy alot of the shows like.....Hitchcock presents......Twilight Zone.......The Outer Limits........and Night Gallery........but I've never heard of this one

Well happy birthday Vorwald, it sounds pretty interesting. I tried to find out more stuff about it. From what i found it came out during the same year as the twilght zone series in 1959. Don't know if they competed with each other, from what i hear from others online who seen it said it was creepy while twilight zone was considered wierd. I know it lasted for like 3 seasons, ended in 1961. I hope to see these since from the reviews i heard are interesting and good. Right now it's only in voulumes( which i dont like) and the box set pretty pricey for me right now, a 8disc boxset is $50 used and a 12 disc boxset is $80 also used.
I'll wait for it to go down, untill then you maybe the only fan for this tv series for awhile, have a great birthday.

Happy Birthday big_smile

happy birthday, enjoy your dvd's big_smile

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.  They are very much appreciated.  Today wasn't much of a birthday seeing how college got in the way, but I had lots of fun.  I will enjoy the DVDs though I am surprised you guys hadn't heard of the show, then again I hadn't heard about it either smile 

Though to what severen said, this isn't a box set of 8 or 12 discs.  It's only a 4 disc collection with 50 full episodes on it.  So maybe if you can find this one it would be a little cheaper.  Though I have no idea where it came from or how much it cost since it was a gift. 

But if you guys want to watch some episodes, go to veoh.com and type in One Step Beyond, they have some if you are interested.  I only looked at the first few that popped up and one that i reccomend is the Moment of Hate.  That is a good one.  The host of the show is John Newland and he does a terrific job of opening and closing each episode. 

Thanks again for the birthday wishes.

I just noticed this post now and what perfect timing. Happy b-day. That's definitely an awesome present that you got. What a present that you could ask for or not asking for. I know you'll be watching this over and over again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I have read about this show before and heard mention of it on documentaries but did not know that they had released it to DVD. I've wanted to check it out and thanks to your query, I know to go look!

Happy B-DAY!
Yes I remember this show. I watched with my mom. I was very little like 4 or 5.
I also watched Twilight Zone with her. there are some episodesyou can watch here.

http://tesla.liketelevision.com/googles … eyond#1156