Topic: Dead Rising Zombie Game

To say I am excited for this game to come out on the XBOX is probably one of the biggest under-statements ever. Check out the trailer and tell me you dont want to play this bad boy!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5878.html

Re: Dead Rising Zombie Game

Looks amazing.. I just wish it was coming out on more than just X-Box.. Its crazy in that trailer when they start flinging the light sabers.. Hopefully this game will pull through.. I've been anxious about some games and than they turn out to be garbage..

this game is making me really consider buying an xbox. That is how good it looks lol.

I do agree this game looks cool as hell.  Though I still won't buy an XBOX for it.  I'm PS2 all za way.

Speaking of zombie games.  CITY OF THE DEAD is supposvily due out later this year on PC and Xbox...the PS2 version has been cancled.  This is starting to tick me off...pure zombie action games are always being canceled for PS2.  Did Microsoft suddenly buy the rights to every zombie game in the world?

City of the Dead? Not likely...and no one has the rights (least of all Microsoft, the game just ran at a snails pace on the PS2), but the backing fell out due to the poor sales it would make from it's niche fans (ie: us), the company still replys to emails, but not often, so look for Kuju's email and send 'em one asking, may make them find a publisher quickly. I wouldn't worry about missing it though, it's gameplay sneaks have been really bad, like a none linear house of the dead. And we all saw how the other Romero game turned out, Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddlers Green. Sad how it happens sometimes.

But Dead Rising, apart from some repetitive gameplay, it's gimmicks and ideas are making this a fantastic title for the 360, the interesting aspect of getting out of the mall interests me the most, that and where the story goes.

Last edited by Dean Valent (2006-06-15 08:14:46)

I never played the full Land of the Dead game but the demo was fun as hell.. I find that is true with a lot of games.. Sometimes the demos are better than full games. If you haven't already I suggest trying out the demo.. I play it every once in awhile..

The packshot for dead rising is now online and man oh man do i want to play it.
http://www.game-reviews.ca/news_1255.htm

Think everyone should know that ign.com has an extended hands on article about Dead Rising right here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/720/720044p1.html

40 new dead rising screenshots have been posted up and they kick ass baby
http://www.game-reviews.ca/news_1289.htm

Screenshots look nice.  So far my favorite zombie game is still Resident Evil but maybe this one will change my mind.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-07-24 13:23:56)

Yea this game looks great.. I just wish this would come out for multiple platforms.. I don't like X-Box 360 so unfortunatly I probably won't get a chance to play this game.. Still looks cool as hell...

Yeah.  Well, you never know Goon.  Remember Capcom said that RE4 would be a Gamecube exclusive then last year it hit PS2 and it is suppose to hit PC later this year or early next.

So, we never know.

weellllll this game looks like I won't run out of zombies to kill:)
so many zombies so little time...I really wish they would make a NIGHTMARE CREATURES 3, I truely enjoyed  playing nightmare 2(loved the soundtrack). I have been playing EVIL DEAD REGENERATION...not very far into it and I bought a used copy of HUNTER THE RECKONING WAYWARD.
but haven't even looked at it yet.

Yeah running out of zombies will not be easy to do. An achievement inthe game is to kill 53,594 zombies. Which is basically the entire town.

crikeys that is alot of zombies!

you can do it Meh!!!!!

haha i will die trying tongue

Is it true that George Romero got a little bit angry when he found out that the game is basically Dawn of the Dead?

As far as I know, George had no problem with Dead Rising. The game has the same basic premise as Dawn of the Dead, but the story and characters are much different.

They do have a disclaimer and like Leon said the mall is about the only thing similar. The characters inside this game are nothing like the ones from either of the movies.

its nothing at all like Dawn of The Dead. it just happens to take place in a mall. what else is the same? absolutely nothing

there is a disclaimer saying its not based on dawn of the dead? And vander other then the mall nothing is the same? Why the hell did they do a disclaimer then?

The disclaimer doesn't say anything about not being based on Dawn of the Dead. What the disclaimer says is that Dead Rising and Capcom have no affiliation with George A.Romero, or Dawn of the Dead.

Thats the funny part.  Zombies + Mall = Dawn of the Dead.

tell me something that is similar other than the mall in the game? u cant. the only reason for the disclaimer is because ignorant people think it is a rip off of the movie.