Re: Dead Rising Zombie Game

you gotta wonder why they put the disclaimer in .Does Romero own the rights to zombies in malls? lol. I love George but I am sure he is not deluded enough to believe it.

the disclaimer is in because they dont want people thinking Romero helped make the game too.

I do recall Romero was being involed to some extent with another zombie video game from a few years ago called Island of the Dead or something like that.  Tom Savini was gonna do the voice of the main character.  But the company had an upset, being sold to someone else or something like that I think and it got lost in the jumble and canceled.  Looked really cool too.

Anyway, since I lack a 360...anyone wanna sell me theirs for next to nothing?  tongue  This game is really the reason I would get a 360 if it wasn't gonna hit PS3.

But, I must ask how long is the game?  Some games now are only about 8 hours long and I know GTA:SA is upwards of 100 hours. So, how long is this one?  Time limits or anything of the sort?

its timed. u got 72 hours for 1 part. then a day for another. then unlimited time for the last part.  ull probably play it over and over again tho because u keep ur same stats when u restart.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I do recall Romero was being involed to some extent with another zombie video game from a few years ago called Island of the Dead or something like that.  Tom Savini was gonna do the voice of the main character.  But the company had an upset, being sold to someone else or something like that I think and it got lost in the jumble and canceled.  Looked really cool too.

Anyway, since I lack a 360...anyone wanna sell me theirs for next to nothing?  tongue  This game is really the reason I would get a 360 if it wasn't gonna hit PS3.

But, I must ask how long is the game?  Some games now are only about 8 hours long and I know GTA:SA is upwards of 100 hours. So, how long is this one?  Time limits or anything of the sort?

The game your thinking of is George Romero's City of the Dead. The game was unfortunately cancelled. Which sucks because the game really had some potential. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a DR port to the 360. The chances of that happening are slim to none. Also, Dead Rising is only about 7 hours long, but has tons of replay value and extras to unlock.

Thnx you 2. 

City of the Dead, that was the title.  I remembered reading quiet a bit about it when it was first announced and being very excited about it.  Though the prospect of no DR port to PS3 is a bit depressing.  Well...hopefully one of my older relatives will forget I have a PS2 and get me a 360 for Christmas smile

For the length because I was interested in knowing how long I have to play around cause in games like Mercenaries or GTA I might not do a mission but just run around and kill people.  So, wanted to see if that was possible in DR.

HAHA, yea you could just go around killing zombies once u unlock unlimited mode or if u want to restart the game.

i would probably just spend hours in unlimited mode *been reading on wiki* and putting in any cheats for firearms and just having fun smile

i really hope Capcom makes Dead Rising port for PS3...so...want it.....or as i said before.  A realtive forgets about me having PS2 and gets me 360 and with Christmas money i can get dead rising.

Something I should ask about the zombies I haven't seen in reviews. 

1.  Do you have to shoot them in the head or cut it off to kill them?

2.  In Resident Evil 4 you could shoot an enemy in the leg and they fall...does the same go for Dead Rising?

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-10-08 23:48:54)

1. no
2. yes

360 games dont have cheats.

Well...thats an upside yet kinda takes some fun outta it for #1.  Would love at least a mode where you can turn that option on.  I am happy though #2 works.

360 games don't have cheats?  Wow...guess that sucks for some people.  Weeds out the gamers from the sissies.

Well, if you own an action replay for Xbox360, then you can cheat all you want. Of course, you'd also be ruining a lot of the replay value the game has to offer.

yea, cheats are no fun. shootin them zombies in the head is an instant kill tho and u can chop off their head or throw a saw disk at their neck decapitating them.

Damn...this game looks soo cool.  I am so tempted to get a 360.

Why not just get a 360?  Why does it have to be a PS3?

Because I got PS2 and a lot of PS2 games and PS1 games and it would bee too much of a biotch to get the Xbox versions of the games as I'm really trying only to get one big system.  Still....if by some fluke I get a 360...:)

get a job and ull be able to get both smile

I got a job sadly I am only a sub for lifeguards.  Want to get a steadier job somewhere closer to school or on the road there but gawd....if all else fails...I will sell my soul to Satan...aka...Wal Mart.

Still, if I could get both I would.

I played this game for quite a while on Xbox 360, it is just endless amazing fun, from taking pictures of fat poeple being eaten by zombies, to sticking legos heads on zombies that push shopping carts, as far as games go, it just doesnt get much better.