Topic: save_us.222

Anyone else see this promo/advertisement during Raw last night?  Any ideas of what it means?

Re: save_us.222

it apparently is for Chris Jerichos return.

It is Jericho. If you think about the whole clip that they showed. With it showing a bunch of numbers and flashing really fast. Yeah they didn't want to spoil it by saying who it is. But it's very simple it's Chris Jericho. If you remember specifically, not only did he always have the countdown, but also when he first appeared on WWE scene, they did something slightly different. They too also did a countdown and especially being Y2J. That's right "Y2J" Chris Jericho is making is return to WWE and watch he will face off against John Cena and Jericho will win the belt.

This is not 100% confirmed to be Jericho.  Nothing has been announced about a contract or signing....obviously it makes sense, but I dunno about the "save_us" line really having anything to do with Jericho.  My personal thought is Psycho Sid.  I mean he is "Psycho" and his line was "I'm Psycho and I rule the world!"  That is sometime to be saved from.  lol

but most likely it will end up being Jericho.....nothings official

Accourding to wrestlingnewsworld.com:
[NOTE:  The above website is known for having a million popup adds and insidius addware.  Don't say I didn't warn you...]

Chris Jericho's book signing apperances have no Monday dates... Also before the Benoit tragity WWE creative pushed something like this for Jericho's return.  Jericho's startup shtick is he's returning to "save" Raw and the WWE.

I really hope its Jericho. With Austin & Rock no longer wrestling, Cena & HBK injured. We need some good faces back to compete with the top heels.

While watching Raw last night, my logic is correct. Everything i have said is right. It is Chris Jericho. The code was broke last night and it said Next Monday. Break The Walls. The only wrestler to ever have that quote "Break The Walls" is and only has been Chris Jericho. So tune in next Monday when he will make his return.

I use to like Jericho.....ever since the wcw days.........but screw it i'm watching TNA now.......got the Steiner bro's.........The Outsiders are back, with Scott Hall Sceduled to make appearances around his other responsibilitys.........Sting starting to re-establish himself as an Icon.......Kurt Angle up to his old ways...Christian Cage makin an ass of himself......and the edition of Booker T..............i just enjoy this way more then i ever did wwe.......and almost as much as i enjoyed wcw

I figured it out when skimming through Chris Jericho's new book.  In it is a copy of the original letter he sent to the WWE the FIRST time he joined (back when it was still WWF) and at the bottom is said "CHRIS JERICHO HAS COME TO SAVE THE WWF" 

So that puts it all into perspective right there.

See i did always like Jericho. But something about him when he turned he before he took of absense, i didn't like it at all. But this is definitely going to look good on Raw for him making his return. Now only if other wrestlers will make their return as well. I am also a fan of TNA and been one for years, i think when it first started out and been seen all the different changes and wrestlers coming and going. TNA is starting to be a competitor and when actually helped them out big time, is changing that crappy 1 hour segment to the massive 2 hours.

TNA's ratings are absolutely awful....I am surprised they were able to extend to the 2 hours because of their low numbers.

well yeah, Spike Tv is really starting to see alot of potential in them..........they've been getting bigger and bigger as times goin by.....and now with alot of big names coming and staying there really starting to put there foot down for good........TNA is starting to look like the old WCW......takin the people WWE pisses off........I mean they already took 3D, Rhyno, Christian, Kurt Angle, and now they've took Booker T from under them.........none of the above people were fired.......all of them asked for releases....then days later sighned with TNA............the only question is who's Vince gonna piss off next?.........as far as ratings go, they've been improving as time goes by.....and had there biggest ratings last week with the return of Scott Hall......who woulda known he attracted so many?

Last edited by boyd84 (2007-11-14 15:16:03)

jmh314 wrote:

TNA's ratings are absolutely awful....I am surprised they were able to extend to the 2 hours because of their low numbers.

Maybe they switched it to 2 hours b/c they are trying to compete with WWE's 3 programs. But i don't think it won't matter who shows up on TNA, the numbers and ratings will still go towards WWE b/c of how many fans are still watching it and have been watching it for years.

I personally think it's awful.  I've tried watching it and it really doesnt hold my interest at all.  Most their big names are washed up and slow.  I dont like the odd shaped ring...the whole thing just feels cheesy.  There is a reason why WWE doesnt care to lose these people, the talent just declines.  I mean how many TNA original wrestlers do you see getting picked up by WWE?  Very few.  Theres a reason for it....

jmh314 wrote:

I personally think it's awful.  I've tried watching it and it really doesnt hold my interest at all.  Most their big names are washed up and slow.  I dont like the odd shaped ring...the whole thing just feels cheesy.  There is a reason why WWE doesnt care to lose these people, the talent just declines.  I mean how many TNA original wrestlers do you see getting picked up by WWE?  Very few.  Theres a reason for it....

Yeah that is true. I mean i still watch it. But there are certain times the matches aren't that good. And pretty much the ones who did work for WWE or WCW, most likely got fired and didn't have a job and TNA came around and signed those wrestlers.

none of the guys TNA took from WWE were fired.........all of them got tired of Vinces Bull and asked to be released and went else where............all Vince is out to do is make a buck.....thats it...........ECw is nothing but a name.......whats extreme about tuesday night wrestling?......nothing......just another way to make a dollar....hoppin to pull in old ECW fans that are too blind to notice that what there watching is'nt ECW......I like TNA cause its a breath of fresh air.........and because all the people i use to know and love who got railroaded by WWE are there.........I mean why in the hell would WWE had decided to get rid of Scott Steiner?..........the dude is a freak and could easyly run through the roster.........screw it give me the Outsiders, Steiner Bro's, Sting, WCW alumni, and the non-sellout ECW guys anyday.......

boyd84 wrote:

I mean why in the hell would WWE had decided to get rid of Scott Steiner?..........the dude is a freak and could easyly run through the roster.........screw it give me the Outsiders, Steiner Bro's, Sting, WCW alumni, and the non-sellout ECW guys anyday.......

Scott Hall's first stint in the WWF tarnished because of drug and alcohol abuse abuse.  He was suspended for a long period in 1996 because of drug and alcohol issues, and often showed up to evens compleltely out of it. After his return to WWF in 2002, he was let go because of alcohol relapse and behavioral problems, which included an altercation on an airplane (which is also the same plane altercation that caused Curt Hennig to be released too)  In his time with WWF and WCW Hall even had several lawsuits against him including a DUI and a sexual harassment suit. 

That why the WWE is smart enough to not bring him back.

Nash wasnt resigned because of injuries including major shoulder and neck surgeries.  Steiner upset WWF management in 1994 when he refused to fight his brother as the two were in ring together at Royal Rumble.  The situation never improved before the Steiners contract expired in 1994.  His second stint he had a 2 month injury towards the end of his contract and WWE negotiated a contractual release.  Good thing cause he then had major surgery on his foot which landed him in a cast for EIGHT months!  Kurt Angle was granted an early contract release due to "personal reasons".  He was told he could come back to the WWE when he got things straightened out....Despite "personal reasons" he signed with TNA only a few weeks after he got his early release...hmmm, fishy!

So there ya go, you cant go ahead and blame WWE for release people for drug/alcohol/behavioral problems, injuries that lead to too much time away from the game(why pay someone who ant work?), and releases because of fake "personal issues".  Dont see anything wrong with that.