Topic: Wachowski Brothers No More!

Ok this really caught me by surprise. Larry Wachowski has gotten a sex change and is now going to be going by Lana.

The duo will now just be known as "The Wachowskis", dropping the "brothers" part of their name. It is expected that Larry, now called Lana, will actually speak to the press about this for the first time, but not until after the Speed Racer film is out. The current feeling is that his sex change could hurt the family image the Speed Racer film is going for.

It is also expected that Andy will do all the press for the Speed Racer film, with Larry/Lana staying in the background for the above reason.

Dateline NBC is still rumored to have exclusivity of Larry/Lana's first public interview, but it has to be on his terms, not theirs.

http://rated-m.blogspot.com/2007/08/lar … plete.html

Re: Wachowski Brothers No More!

Wow.  That is a shocker.  But, good for him for becoming who he, uh, she, wants to be.

Wierd.  But, whatever floats your boat.  big_smile

::checks calendar::

No, it's early September not early April...

i thought for sure thsi was a joke, i still kinda feel it is.. but as tim and constantce pointed out, to each their own.

I remember reading stories that Larry was kind of weird and used to like to wear like womens clothes or underwear or something to premieres and press conferences.  I think he was taking female hormones for a while too

Yeah it is a shocker, but i guess he/she wanted to be more in touch with The Matrix.

shocking, but it's his/her choice

i read he was doing this right after the matrix reloaded a year or two ago.it seems he not only likes the outfits and name change hes also into BDSM and hangs out in a west hollywood sex club called "the dungeon" with his new best friend Mistress de kink Ilsa Strix. it was in a rolling stone magazine article (THATS how i know so get all those creepy thoughts out of your mind) heres the article page

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ … _wachowski

ok... well... if hes/shes happy... go for it.

Wow that is just.. really weird. Especially for the kinds of macho man films and action sequences they do.. crazy

skincarver wrote:

i read he was doing this right after the matrix reloaded a year or two ago.it seems he not only likes the outfits and name change hes also into BDSM and hangs out in a west hollywood sex club called "the dungeon" with his new best friend Mistress de kink Ilsa Strix. it was in a rolling stone magazine article (THATS how i know so get all those creepy thoughts out of your mind) heres the article page

Yeah didnt he show up to one of the premeires wearing like make-up and with one of Hollywoods most famous Dominatrix's?

skincarver wrote:

really fascinating article.

Now thats interesting.

jmh314 wrote:
skincarver wrote:

Yeah didnt he show up to one of the premeires wearing like make-up and with one of Hollywoods most famous Dominatrix's?

yes as a matter of fact he did if i remember correctly thats how i first found out.he even left his wife of some years to start all this "changing personas" .it kind of makes sense now with that last matrix having a fetish bar the merovingian owned.i bet its must be weird on the current set of speed racer (their current project i hear based of the cartoon)

the rollingstone article is really well written and covers alot including the premiere

Wow - til I read this and the posts since yesterday, I was still thinking it was going to be a huge elaborate prank.

I remember reading something about this about a year ago.

not surprising he has been talking of doing it for at least a few years.

lol ...................................... neutral