Topic: chiller tv

Does anyone other than me find the chiller chanel lame. I know it's new and all but it is owned by universal who owns all the true classic films yet the choose to run Friday the 13th the series etc. Any thoughts?

Re: chiller tv

I don't have the Chiller channel where I live. I only get the Sci-fi channel. Is it any better than the Scifi channel?

Love the new quote line, Ripper.

Um - Chiller is less cheesy than Sci-Fi.  I do agree, though, zombie, that it is a little disappointing how often they run the series's.  Some of the movies they show aren't too bad, like the Hunger - and I liked the ---uh--- what was it called --- Blackwater Valley Exorcism (?)   

Also, not sure if you know this, but their late nite viewing is great with all the old monster flicks.

I don't find the channel lame one bit. You should be happy and pleased enough that DirecTV offered us horror movie fans a channel of some sort. Yeah the movies are half good and half bad. But the TV shows is what makes the channel so great.

Who wants a drink?

RIP wrote:

Who wants a drink?

I already had a few not to long ago.

Yeah I should be greatful to be watching a hand full of really out dated series. I loved Tales from the crypt when it was fresh but, come on Friday the 13th the series,Freedy's nightmares,werewolf.These series died in the 80's and as far as I'm concerned they should have remained burried.Shows like Twin Peaks etc are only good if you see them in order.I stick to my original stance LAME!!!!

Zombiephile2387 wrote:

Yeah I should be greatful to be watching a hand full of really out dated series. I loved Tales from the crypt when it was fresh but, come on Friday the 13th the series,Freedy's nightmares,werewolf.These series died in the 80's and as far as I'm concerned they should have remained burried.Shows like Twin Peaks etc are only good if you see them in order.I stick to my original stance LAME!!!!

So Z if you had control what would your ideal lineup be?
Chiller is of course not available for cable, as far as I know there isn't any kind of horror channel available for cable, so I can't judge. I do get sci/fi but it is a bitter disapointment.
The above shows you mentioned I have never seen, except for F13th.
I would be happy for lame instead of nothing at all.

And see the one show that you can't catch anywhere that has always been my favorite is and always will be Tales From the Crypt, which they show everyday. Among other great shows and some of the times, some great or decent movies. Now if there was one thing i would change about Chiller is the commercials. Yeah i know that they don't last as long as other commercials from other channels, but still.

RIP wrote:

I don't have the Chiller channel where I live. I only get the Sci-fi channel. Is it any better than the Scifi channel?

Here comes the Rain...I love the Rain.... The Cult rules!

THey show the same episodes of Brimstone over and over (love the show...don't want to see the exact ones 5 times a week---same for Twin Peaks)...def a good channel, I usually hit it on the guide first thing to see what on...Isn't there a MONSTERFEST channel...anyone have that?  I'm dying for an unedited HBO-like horror channel...maybe if we all start sending emails to our providers...hell it worked on the tennis channel...tennis all the time.

PhilnEdee wrote:
RIP wrote:

Here comes the Rain...I love the Rain.... The Cult rules!

THey show the same episodes of Brimstone over and over (love the show...don't want to see the exact ones 5 times a week---same for Twin Peaks)...def a good channel, I usually hit it on the guide first thing to see what on...Isn't there a MONSTERFEST channel...anyone have that?  I'm dying for an unedited HBO-like horror channel...maybe if we all start sending emails to our providers...hell it worked on the tennis channel...tennis all the time.

That's what DirecTV needs. A 24/7 commercial-unedited horror movie channel. Like add to it the line-up to our massive amount of movie channels. Hell we already have i think 5 HBO channels as it is. Why do they need 2 HBO family channels.

Beats me...I have two kids and we NEVER watch one thing on the HBO Fams

PhilnEdee wrote:

But shit. They should add a 24/7 horror movie channel. Add it to the Starz package. They already pretty much have every genre to it. Hey i got an idea. Replace the Western channel with a Horror movie channel.

I like the western channel cool but that would be great to add that to that lineup...I have about 8 email addresses...I'm gonna cut n paste a request for it and send it to DTV from each one every day.

I really think Direct Tv should either pick up or do there own version of Monster TV which is on disn network........I mean don't get me wrong I love chiller tv.......love the shows my fav being Tales from the Crypt and Night Gallery..........but I'd love to have a movie chanel......uncut, movie channel.............Monsters lineup is great.....and while I love Chiller i really wish direct tv would pick up a movie channel too

PhilnEdee wrote:

word.

Zombiephile2387 wrote:

Classics never die...come on...they paved the way for these updated horror films your so concerned of watching... i dont have this channel but it sounds like something id defiently watch...curious, if u feel this channel is so lame, it sounds like u repeatedly watch it right?

I'm not sayins it is all bad there are a couple of films there I havn't seen in a while but,I reiterate the company who owns chiller is universal they own all the great classics the only one I have ever seen on it was "the creature from the black lagoon" and it was on at 2am. I also agree with the idea of a pay channel for horror I'd pony up the$$ to get it.

Zombiephile2387 wrote:

I'm not sayins it is all bad there are a couple of films there I havn't seen in a while but,I reiterate the company who owns chiller is universal they own all the great classics the only one I have ever seen on it was "the creature from the black lagoon" and it was on at 2am. I also agree with the idea of a pay channel for horror I'd pony up the$$ to get it.

Yea, and I sent them an email about that...begging for some classics this Halloween instead of Halloween 4 n 5 over n over...they did show an Invisible Man marathon of 4 movies...but it started at 6am on a Sunday.

As far as Freddy's Nightmares goes, it may be outdated and not seem as good as it did when it first aired, but I don't feel that it should be taken off the network. Such shows are rare finds that many horror fans have never had the chance to see, and to show them on television again provides that opportunity.