Topic: THE BEST haunted houses

What's your best haunted house experience? You a type A, front-of-the-line type personality, or do you like it from the back-side?

Re: THE BEST haunted houses

I dont know about houses, but have you heard of Ressurrection Mary? The Ghost that haunts ressurrection cemetery is supposed to surface around the cemetary at Halloween.. but I never saw her. And there are supposed to be lots of Ghosts at Bachelor Grove, a forest preserve, just outside Chicago...I havent been there, but I hear the police close the place down around Halloween now because so many people were going there...

There is another thread very similar to this one here: http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=5207

Sunny you are absolutely right.  I am born and raised in the southwest Chicago suburbs not too far from Bachelors Grove.  Halloween time, the Police are all over it.  But I have a friend who lives right there and any other time of the year if you go its not as heavily police.  I've gone and drank thre many of times.  Strange stuff there sometimes.....

Also Resurrection Cemetary is pretty interesting.  I have never actually seen Resurrection Mary myself, but I have a friend that has and is totally freaked out by it.  It is pretty creepy story. 

Here are some brief summaries of them with some links that I posted the the other thread similar to this one:

Bachelors Grove Cemetery is sometimes called the most haunted place in Chicago and one of the most haunted worldwide.  Here is a link for a slideshow of it:
http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/

And Resurrection Cemetery is home to the famous ghost Resurrection Mary.  It is the best known ghost story in the Chicagoland area. 
http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/resur … /mary.html

I actually have been to Bachelors Grove a couple of times with my buddy and each time i have been taking a tape recorder just in case. So as soon as we go in, i start to record and then i stop recording as soon as i walk out. But so far nothing. There was the one time last year we went and it was hilarious as hell b/c my buddies and i decided to make a little prank with these group of kids who walked in there right after we walked out. So i pretended i was a police officer and they all got scared as hell and hid. They finally came out and saw it was us. That was the best ever. I just hope we go back there this year. Fun times.

^ that's some smooth moderating there, JMH cool

I actually have heard of Resurrection Mary. I saw something about the legend on a show one time. I think it was hosted by Mitch Pillegi lol. We have a ghost like that here in Fairmont, West Virginia. She sits at the top of Buttermilk Hill and tries to hitch rides. The locals know better than to stop, but I guess there is a phenomenon with peoples cars shutting off right at the top. Creepy man. The was a book called Appalachian Ghost Stories that had the story in it.
     As far as the most haunted spots in The Mountain State, there is the Weston State Mental Hospital. Lots o elctro shock done there. And then there is good old Moundsville State penitentiary. Scary place! They give tours through it now, and you can even book private ones at night. It was featured in the MTV show FEAR so many years back. About the last thing I can remember watching on that worthless channel, but the place is supposed to be haunted as they come. Actually, my place I live in here seems haunted, but I won't be giving tours out anytime soon. The house is 105 years old, has had people die in it (including a baby), and is built right near an indian mound-my street is sitting right on top of natural springs that used too attract the indigenous peoples of the area. The house makes all kinds of noises. I swear it will sound like stuff is falling off the walls, esp. upstairs, and you can go investigate and everything is perfectly still. Not to mention people have seen things moving out of the corners of their eyes. Anymore, if a friend is over and the bumps and bangs start, we just kinda look at each other for a second to acknowledge we both heard it, and then just friggin ignore it.

and i meant haunted houses, like the ones you pay to go to. we have haunted hat rides on the back of tractors here too.

I wonder if Tim went to the Universal Horror Nights - or if anyone did, for that matter.  The website is unbelievable and I'd love to hear about what the event is really like.

Here I am having fun scaring people at Blood Manor. I love being in front and hoping someone scares me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7SQYM0srw[/youtube]

Man, that's great stuff Spider! That had to be soo much fun! Scantily clad, pale, and bloody... screaming wouldn't be  my reaction wink We must be sick...LOL

horrormonger wrote:

Man, that's great stuff Spider! That had to be soo much fun! Scantily clad, pale, and bloody... screaming wouldn't be  my reaction wink We must be sick...LOL

lol Yeah, I got a lot of offers from guys that wanted me to bite them, and a few girls too. But I enjoy scaring more! Can't wait for next year.

i get forced into going first...but i do prefer it this way...some of the best Haunted Houses i've been to and you should really check out sometime in the future are...

Haunted Hollow ~Wilmington, OH~ this is a ride on, on half cut off school busses, and its the home of the "Fire breathing semis" u may get whiplash smile

the US Nightmare ~Cincinatti, OH~ this a walk one, but its a actualy ship on the river...need say more?

Ripleys Haunted Adventure ~Galtinburg TN~ open year round, GREAT effects and theres always a line...one of the best out of state houses ive been to