Topic: Beowulf in IMAX 3D. Grade: B Plus

"Beowulf" is an outrageously entertaining adapation of the centuries-old, Old English tale. From the moment the Paramount and Warner Bros. logos appeared on screen in 3D, I was glued to my seat (for the movie's entire running time). I saw it on the IMAX tonight for my b-day and wow, what an experience! The visuals are a sight to behold. And of course, Angelina is too, but that's another story. If you enjoy films like "Gladiator", "300" and the "Lord of the Rings" movies, than "Beowulf" will certainly appeal to you. There's not much of a story and the character development is thin, but the movie is a ton of fun. It's very well-made by Bob Zemeckis and he cast his old buddy Crispin Glover (McFly from Back to the Future) as the monster Grendel.

Glover's scenes are something out of a horror film and they actually reminded me of the wolf scenes from "Brotherhood of the Wolf". The entire cast deliver good performances especially Ray Winstone (The Departed) as the title character. I was also glad to see John Malkovich in the film, who appeared last year in the weak fantasy film "Eragon". So far I've seen "The Matrix Reloaded", "The Matrix Revolutions", "300" and now "Beowulf" on the IMAX screen. This one was probably the most enjoyable due to the 3D gimmick. It may not be the best movie of 2007, but it's probably the most fun I had (aside from "Grindhouse") at a movie theater this year.