Topic: Out of this group, which sci-fi film is best?

Yeah I know I left some of the major sci-fi franchises out, but thats the point.  Out of whats here, which one is the best?

Re: Out of this group, which sci-fi film is best?

While most of these films are great, my personal favorite is Dark City.  There is just something about that movie I love, and I think it is a VERY underrated sci-fi film.

Since I can only vote for one from this list, it goes to - 12 Monkeys

I had to go for the one that fed the muse for all the others.  My choice?  METROPOLIS

i went with 12 moneys out of the choices provided.

Its great to see Dark City on there! I agree that its a very underrated film which I found a few years back and loved.

skfan wrote:

Its great to see Dark City on there! I agree that its a very underrated film which I found a few years back and loved.

Glad to see someone else knows Dark City and loves it.  I think it is far superior to The Matrix in regards to the best Sci-fi film from the last 10 years or so.  Sometimes people say Dark City ripped off certain similarities from The Matrix, but they since Dark City came out a year earlier, we know the truth.  lol

But it is also good to see Mirthy showing love for Fritz Lang by voting Metropolis.  I know Dark City definately pays homage to this wonderful silent film, and I think more of the people in my younger generation need to see Metropolis.  Filmmaking at it's best!

Yeah I agree with you on both points. Didn't they mention Metropolis as inspiration for Dark City on the Special Features?

You know I dont recall.  The influence is obviously there in the opening scene and with the sprawling city buildings and such.  And I know Roger Eberts commentary track for Dark City, he talks about the similarities and common styles between DC and Metropolis.

i have only two of the list, and i didn't like them

Man it was hard to pick between Blade Runner and the Matrix......but i had to go with the Matrix, because its GREAT!!!!

I would go with Dark City. It's been years since I last saw it but I think Keifer Sutherland had a part in it too.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Man it was hard to pick between Blade Runner and the Matrix......but i had to go with the Matrix, because its GREAT!!!!

True...I went with my man- the replicant slayer- Deckerd in Blade Runner

SHIT!!!!

You had to go and put Blade Runner and Metropolis both in there. I can't choose. I'll go totally MPD before I can choose.

Dark City easily beats out all others

COme out of the woodwork all you 12 Monkeys fans roll and lets show them it's the best sci-fi flick on this list

Damn dirty apes got my vote!

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Damn dirty apes got my vote!

So you went with the whole planet of them instead of the army of 12 lol

2001 A Space Odyssey Where it all began for the apes

blade runner