Topic: Eulogies

I don't know if this has been done, but in reading some recent posts from everyone, I feel there could be a place for something like this. We all have had to deal with death in our lives, and even though we love horror, we still are bereaved when it touches close to home. This post is for those who have passed on, but will never be forgotten. Please post any names, funny stories, any little pieces of someone (or a pet) whom you would like to eulogize, so that their memories may live on, in this thread, until the end of time. When we speak the names of the dead, they live amongst us once more.

Last edited by horrormonger (2007-11-21 19:01:21)

Re: Eulogies

This is a very nice thing you did horrormonger and it would be nice to share some stories with each other. As you all know my dog Bones died today, its really hard losing something close to you. I lost my first dog who was my first and best friend in 2002, I took really bad and it was right after Christmas too on December 30th at 5:56 pm, I know its weird but I remember it, every year I give off show in honor of him, I set off a few fireworks and a moment of slience to remember him. Now today Bones has passed on to the next life, and I still have 3 other dogs but these dogs arent just animals to me and to many others, they are family and I give them Christmas Presents on Christmas, some with easter, we make them a speical Thanksgiving dinner which sadly Bones wont be able to enjoy.

But Bones he was a good dog and kinda retarded lol, he would get lost in the backwoods where i live and couldnt find his way back home. This past weekend on Saturday the funniest thing happen me my mom and my girlfriend brittany were heading to the mall or something, and about a half mile from my hosue I see Bones lost and happy so I turned around and I said come on Bones lets go home. I drove a half mile goign 30 miles an hour and he kept up, and the way his tounge would hang from his mouth and go in the wind I lost it and kept laughing.

Some might say it was mean but it was fun and fun for him too. This dog could go miles before stopping. He can run really fast too which actally makes me think Why? Why was he the one who got hit? Why didnt he move? Why didnt he get off the highway? Why did he have to run away? These are questions I cant anwser, and I also remember days I would come hoem and hed be the first to meet me barking and jumping around and Id push him off me cuz it would be annoying. I miss that now.

You know dogs dont live forever they have a limit, and for those who never lost a dog or a pet the day will come. I never thought it would but it did, treasure ur pets, cuz you never know if they'll be there tomorrow. I woke up Monday had a two hour delay and got bones in my room and laid with him. Monday was too tired to play with him in the snow. Tuesday never saw him again. Its amazing how quickly things can be taken away. I hate to think about his last moments, and I beleive he thought of me before he died and thought I love you. thats all I can write right now

I wrote a song about my best friend Amy who died in a car wreck with me back in 1998. She was the most beautiful girl ever and I mean it but I still have regrets from letting her go home that night drunk with her bf but I thought they were just going outside to talk.....I didn't know til 2 hours later that she died but here's the song I wrote for her acousticly:

Her Smiling Face
by Me(lol)

Verse 1
I wish I had the time to tell you
What you really meant to me
My angel, my darling, my sister
Your love for all to see
Taken at an early age
With so much life ahead of you
Now we're all alone now
My love for you was true

Chorus
Now she's left us here with the memory of her smiling face
Godf, why did you take her fromn us, and I miss her so
She's gone and left us with the memory fo her smiling face
Amy in Heaven, my guardian angel, there's an empty s[pace
Your smiling face

Verse 2
Thinking about you all the times we talked each and everyday
You laughter echoes in my ears and your sparkle never strays
When I think about u, my fears fade away
Loneliness in her parents hearts but her sparkel never fades
Tears roll down my eyes like I've never cried before
Amy my best friedn why did you have to leave me and die

Chorus

Verse 3
You've shined uopn our souls with that beauty and your grace
You're the spark that lit the candle with love I'll never erase
I pray to you every night won't you please ease my pain
Now you're with my heavenly father, I know we'll meet again
Tears roll down my eyes like I've never cried before
Amy, when my death comes won't you meet me at that door

Well, I was typing that from a song i wrote back in 98 after she died and also left it at her memorial and me and her parents were close. But when a close friend dies and time heals up memories fade and they do but yeah I am tryping this sorta drunk but I still miss her like crazy.

thats sad RIP, i only lost 2 things in my life and they were both dogs, my grandmother died and i felt bad but I dont remember cryign oen tear, I never lost someone really close to me, but I knwo the day will be coming and itll probably be 10 times worse then the pain is right now

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8944/picture7nx9.th.jpg

this is my Alison. she died when she was 3

Last edited by Ash's missing hand (2007-11-21 21:27:45)

Ash's missing hand wrote:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8944 … nx9.th.jpg

My friend I am really sad for you but she is in Heaven and you gotta believe in it cause YOU will see her again someday my buddy. I can't explain why these things happen to us in life but I know from experience that you will see you beautiful child again someday. Stay strong and move on!

RIP wrote:

My friend I am really sad for you but she is in Heaven and you gotta believe in it cause YOU will see her again someday my buddy. I can't explain why these things happen to us in life but I know from experience that you will see you beautiful child again someday. Stay strong and move on!

thanks rip. I just wanted to introduce her to all of my scary friends. smile

Oh my God! I don't even know what to say. I have a 5 year old and I can't even begin to understand how you can go on. Stay strong my friend, your a better man than I. I'm not a very religious man but I do pray, you and your family will be in my prayers.

All I can say since it's Thanksgiving is be glad and happy for the times we got to have with our loved ones that have passed on and knowing that we will meet them again when our time comes on this earth.:)

Happy Thanksgiving my friends.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the horror-movies.ca family! Eat some extra for me!

RIP, that's a beautiful tribute to your friend Amy! I can almost picture her, and I never even met her! It's kinda haunting.
And Ash, I could never fathom what you've been through. I do empathize for you though, and I pray for you and your Alison.

I don't know I'm kinda having mixed emotions about this now. It's making me sad, but I know from experience that it ultimately feels better to talk about these things. Which brings me to my grandfather. About this time last year he passed on, but he will be remembered always. He was well respected in the community, and there were both a US marshall and a federal circuit judge at his funeral. An avid hunter and fisherman, he once shot 2 squirrel with one shot. He used to have this little thing he would say with me. He would say it low, like it was our secret. "What are we?" I would say "mountain men". "What do we know?" me: "the secrets of the forest..." And "What do we answer to?..." "The call of the wild." He was the first generation of our family to be born fully American, and was also one of the first to make an "honest" living. Starting on roofs, he ended up traveling out of state for a finance company; which he would later manage. Until his retirement, he worked diligently for them, making many friends along the way. When he died letters came from all over the United States. About this time last year, he decided to take his own life. He used one of his prized Winchester shotguns to shoot himself in the chest. After suffering so much, I guess he decided it was time. People look down on suicide, but I feel like maybe it's the one thing in our life that we can actually have some real control over. I know how that might sound, but I have no blame in my heart. I still love him the same, regardless of whatever happened.

Last edited by horrormonger (2008-05-27 11:31:47)

there hasnt been anyone who was really close to me that has passed away. my grandfather passed when i was 8 or 9, i dont remember rightly, but i ahrdly knew him, so it was hard to be sad at a funeral for someone you hardly knew. but i remember him every time i get dressed up for any ocassion because alot of his jewlry was entrusted to me, ie. tie tacks, tie clips, cuff links, etc. i dont wear it often because its all real gold and its expensive, but its sentimental value is worth so much more than its actual cost. i have a silver necklace from him of an elephants head, i always wear it when i get dressed up, no matter what.

then last year, a little more than a year ago, my step grandfather passed away. after my grandfather passed, my grandmother remarried. i knew him alot better than my grandfather, and i respected him alot, even though he could be kind of a jackass sometimes. there was one day, i remember clearly, when he had asked me if i wanted to go and play golf with him. now dont get me wrong, i love the sport of golf, iv played it sience i was a little kid. but i declined his offer because i had just gotten done with a big meal and i wanted to go to sleep. not even 2 weeks after that he was in the hospital really sick with cancer. he passed shortly after. my grandmother gave me a coat that he used to wear, its a American Hotrod jacket. he owned a 1940 ford Coup, midnight purple color, and a white and blue 55 Chevy Bel Air, both in very good condition, and he had won several awards for them. i wear his jacket all the time. my grandmother is fighting with his kids to get the Chevy, because they are trying to go against his will and keep the chevy for themselves, rather than let her have it like the will says.

i say that nobody really close to me has passed because i didnt really know either of them all that well, and its hard to be sad, when you hardly know a person.

Last edited by deathgate666 (2007-11-22 19:09:51)

we shoudl all be thankful for the things we have now and the things we had before that were just taken from this earth to go to another place, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and have a safe holiday.