Topic: 'Dexter' Kills the Record Books

America's favorite serial killer has killed the competition and become Showtime's recordbreaker.  "Dexter", in it's second season, set Showtime original series record drawing 1.23 million viewers during last weeks 9pm episode, and 1.69 million o...

Read More : 'Dexter' Kills the Record Books

Re: 'Dexter' Kills the Record Books

Dexter is by far the best show on tv, cable or otherwise.
I wish I could be as articulate as a lot of you who review here are.
All I can say is if you have not seen this phenomenal series watch it.
There is not anything else like it.

first off great article jmh.  Secondly i agree Dexter is a FANTASTIC show. Easily one of the best shows on dVD!

I think i have season 1 on dvd here, a contest perhaps ?

Thanks Meh.  My first news story, so I wasnt sure if I did things right.  lol

I think Dexter is one of the best shows on TV.  Its a shame that not everyone gets Showtime as I think there are plenty more people out there that would enjoy it.  The DVDs have been pretty popular.  It was #10 on Amazon.com's list of "The Best DVD's of 2007", and sits high on their best sellers list, currently #7 on Drama boxedsets and #21 on television boxed sets.  It is also Amazons #1 seller for TV series that are "1990 or Newer".  So the DVD sales have been great, and this new record breaking rating shows that Dexter is really hitting its stride.   I hope it leads to more shows that push into the horror category.

On a side note, has anyone read the books that helped spawn the TV series?

i couldnt agree more DEXTER is one show that kicks SERIOUS ass. I think everyone should watch at least 1 episode. Or download the first episode off Amazon for $2 and see what we are all talking about.

After last seasons finale(don't worry, I won't spoil it...:D) I couldn't imagine that they could top that excellent season...I was wrong!

This season is as good, if not better than last season. I even got my wife interested in watching it!!!
She calls me at work to brainstorm about what is going to happen on next weeks show.  Well, bettter that then talking about soaps.

Great show and good article!

man last years finale was INSANE!!!! I loved it. That said I havent watched this years season yet... I am gonna set my PVR to snag em for me.

I unfortunately have only seen episode 1 of this season but hope to catch up very soon.  I no longer have Showtime so I gotta find other means to watch the episodes.

I'm telling you now!!!  Catch up as fast as you can before the bastids at work spoil the surprise.
Tonights episode promises to be a great one!

yeah thanks for the news jmh.

I was curious as to how well it was going this season viewing figure wise as for me I think its a pale shadow of its first season glory, that said I've only watched upto episode 5 of the current season so with some luck will improve.

Dexter is the best show on tv. My wife and I have been watching it since the first episode
of season 1 and each week get more drawn into it.
Season 2 is far more intense and after last night, I honestly don't know how much more
my heart can take, very intense.
I only hope that the next few episodes are only the seasons end and not the series end.

Jsin

Jsin wrote:

I only hope that the next few episodes are only the seasons end and not the series end.

With the great ratings and success of the DVD I think it is safe to say the series will not be ending after season 2.

this is awesome and surprising news, i didnt expect that something like this wud do so well, but thank fuk it has. does any 1 know when season 2 starts in UK

I rarely get into TV at all, let alone a show that you MUST watch every episode, but I am TOTALLY devoted to Dexter!  I love the American Psycho type voice over with a character I care about.  Perfect show!

when does season 2 start in the uk