Topic: Blade TV Show on Spike

I'm not sure what I think of this new show.. Of course it hasn't aired yet but I have seen enough trailers for it to get an idea of what it will be like.. Just the other night Spike was showing the movie probably to get people excited for the TV show debut later this month..

I wish Snipes would have been able to reprise his role. I have always been a fan of Snipes ever since he did Demolition Man.. For some reason I really liked that movie as a kid.. But it looks like Sticky Fingaz will be able to handle the role from what I have seen..

How many of you plan on tuning in for the premiere?

Re: Blade TV Show on Spike

This tv show looks so fucking bad from the trailers I have seen playing on SPIKETV.

I don't think im gonna waste my time watching this crap.

I am going to give it at least 1 episode to show me its not crap. But so far it really does look like complete crap.

Well if anyone is interested I just posted up some news on some new images that surfaced from the series..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6043.html

i keep seeing more nad more trailers and i just get less nad less impressed with this flick.

I think I will at least tune in for the first half hour or so just to give it a chance.  But, I have to agree with Meh that it won't be very good.

I'm still more optimistic than most of you guys.. They have some talented writers working on the show not to mention an established director.. So like I said in the update it is up to the actors to do their job..

Well, number 3 in the movie series kinda killed me in terms of Blade.  I like the first two, Blade 2 is my favorite.  Trinity had some really cool potential, but I didn't think it was executed all that well by Goyer.

Well I feel the same way as you in terms of the film series.. Three was ruined I think by its more comical touches.. I wasn't diggin that really.. Of course Gulliermo del Toro is gonna make a great movie like he did with two.. Its a shame he didn't get to do the third film..

Blade was the greatest franchise ever until #3 which COMPLETELY massacred it.

DAMNIT! The power went out here AGAIN. So I missed the debut episode. Did anyone happen to catch it? How was it?

Dammit.

I completely forgot about it.  I thought it premiered on Tuesday.  So instead I watched 2001 Maniacs last night. 

Well, upside Goon it will most likely play over the weekend or sometime next week.

I caught it. It was complete shit. Whoever cast blade is a moron. It looked like a low budget production, which just totally massacred the blade franchise, right down to "vampires not liking garlic". Seriously fucking lame. Anyone else see it? Agree, disagree?

I actually went out of my way to get a strem of this show, while two minutes was cut off...I believe it is the greatest masterpiece to grace the TV since evian flu became the new "IN" thing.

It was crap, maybe first episode syndrome, but by God it wasn't worth the effort, and I even remotely liked Blade 3 for what it was. Ugh, I feel so dirty after watching it.

Yeah I kinda liked blade 3 just cause its blade.. but this tv show really buried the concept!

Ah, I see. 

Blade 3 for me had great promise.  Blade vs Dracula in a titanic clash.  IMO the execution was really bad.  Humor was okay, just needed to cut it down a lot and they should have gotten another director.  Goyer can right a great script, but he definatly needs to direct some small projects to get practice.

I knid of thought it wasn't going to be that great.. I just hung on to a thread of hope that it might actually be good.. Do you guys think it would have been better if Snipes played Blade? He will always embody that character to me..

The problem first of all with "New Blade" is that he doesn't wear, well, Blade-wear, a SWAT style jacket and such screams out "WE JUST FOUND THIS IN COSTUME AND USED IT FOR KICKS!!!"

He doesn't have the shape for Blade physically, and the character is more hip and star than cold and emotionally seperated. Again, this could get remedied, but if they could have gotten Snipes, even if he had the same chcracter as the new one, I'd like it that much more.

It's could be like Angel to Buffy. Gets better as it flows, or it could just end up like Transformers Live action to live string puppets. Sad really.

Since I did not see the show I cannot pass judgment on Sticky Fingaz as Blade, though I thought he wasn't all that good in House of the Dead 2 doing the whole 'scowl every second on screen sargeant'. 

But, I think fans would like it better with Snipes, contiuity and I must agree Goon he does embody the character.  We know him as it and it is very hard to picture anyone else in the role.  It would be like someone else doing the role of Ripley for a new Alien movie or Selene if they did another Underworld.

This goes for any series I think.  Once you've done the first one, you need casting continuity with the sequels and you need to try to get the same actors in the roles.

Well if anyone who missed the episode last night wants to check it out. You can watch it for free on iTunes..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6088.html

Spike is also airing the first episode 3 more times as of today. One on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday. So if you want to catch it on TV you will have a chance before the next episode. I forgot about it totally, so I will be recording it on Saturday for something funny to watch on Sunday.

I caught bits and pieces of it this afternoon, will have to watch the rest tomorrow night at 9.

What I saw, I really can't say.  I need to watch the whole thing or one or two more to make final judgment.

Even though I know I am not going to like it. I will give it 3 episodes myself before putting a nail in its coffin.

I finally caught the encore of the first episode last night and I honestly like what I see so far.. I mean we are talking about a TV show here.. Not a Blade movie so it is going to be running off a much lower budget.

As I thought it was very well written and I definetly got the comic book vibe to it right away. The one thing you have to remember about the show is that it takes place in the Marvel Universe so everything is just a little different.. I can't wait to see the next episode tonight..