Topic: i have lost my Audio Device.

i had a virus yesterday while i was on Youtube, Anyway i got  rid of the virus,
then i had a pop up on my computer and told me to Restart my computer and press recover.
When i did Works office have gone, but i got that back to and internet back up aswell.
but i have lost my Audio Device, i have no idea how to get it back,
How do i get back?

PS: Has this happen to anyone else here?

Thanks
Bassi

Last edited by BASSI (2007-11-27 11:16:16)

Re: i have lost my Audio Device.

yes, this recently happened to me!  Go into your control panel, then "system," then "hardware," then "device manager."  Look at the sound devices to see if any of them have an exclamation point (for not functioning) - if it does, it's officially not working. (tell you something you don't already know, right?) -

Right click the device to troubleshoot, and see what it says.  It may have you go through the steps to uninstall and then reinstall (add new hardware, also in control panel).  The PC should recognize the device through plug and play after it's uninstalled.

No guarantees, my friend, b/c I'm no expert, but this worked for me.  smile

Constantce wrote:

yes, this recently happened to me!  Go into your control panel, then "system," then "hardware," then "device manager."  Look at the sound devices to see if any of them have an exclamation point (for not functioning) - if it does, it's officially not working. (tell you something you don't already know, right?) -

Right click the device to troubleshoot, and see what it says.  It may have you go through the steps to uninstall and then reinstall (add new hardware, also in control panel).  The PC should recognize the device through plug and play after it's uninstalled.

No guarantees, my friend, b/c I'm no expert, but this worked for me.  smile

Thanks for your help , i hope it's works!

If you need to reload your sound driver check the manufacture's website.  You can usually find that there.  If not (or you don't know who the manufacturer is) do an internet search for that driver.  As a last resort email me and I can try to help you out.  This is what I do for a living...

I have tried both and keep getting a pop up saying Window won't let me install the Device.
mad  my brother paid 26 fucking pounds/ to get rid of virus yesterday. and now i think we have to get new computer. sad
i so pissed off.

Thanks for help.

If all else fails instead of buying a new computer to wast even more money, try and see if there's a computer service company can fix it for less, i'm sure its alot less than buying a new computer, computers are very tricky, theres usually always a way to fix something, it's just knowing how to do it. I have many strange things done to my computer and manage to fix most of it on my own spending many hours doing so. Here in the states if all else fails i go to a company called Geek Squad, dont know if u have something similar like that were u at. If not, ask around in other fourums, ask other people and call computer company in custome service area.
Good Luck, i hope u get ur audio device fixed.

My brother called his friend to fix, after my Uncle to look at it and he knows everything, i mean everything!
He a doctor as well. He can fix anything but this!

He also got spare computer att his house and at about 3 at his work place!
Me getting  newComputer is just easy the way for me.
i think this is unfixable, i have wait see tomorow, if my brother Friends can fix it!

Did you try to do a "system restore"?  Depends on your operating system, but it can undo changes.

Constantce wrote:

Did you try to do a "system restore"?  Depends on your operating system, but it can undo changes.

Yes i did try it!  but Window won't let me install the Device
tried five time!

On other forums, They think they i need a new Windows.

sorry :-/   that just sucks.

My brother friends had to take is away for 3 days whole days without the internet,
but it fixed now,

Glad to here they fixed it before u bought a new computer. What they did to fix it? If u know.

those damn viruses are a pain in the ass.

^ you can say that again!

severen wrote:

Glad to here they fixed it before u bought a new computer. What they did to fix it? If u know.

I Don't know how he fixed, but it fixed now that all that matter