Topic: Stuart Gordon's Edmond

I watched this one last night and thought it could be listed under the 'hard to watch' thread in the forums. While not a conventional horror movie, it definetly has elements of horror and is probably better described as a look into the warped psyche of one 'average' man. The dvd cover is a bit missleading as Denise Richards and Mena Suvari have a combinded screen time of about 5 minutes. Sure they play prostitutes but common, I wanted to see some skin dammit!

Re: Stuart Gordon's Edmond

i have not watched this one yet, i had no idea Denise Richards and Mena Suvari were in it, very cool.

I have never seen this one either.  It being done by Stuart Gordon is a must see for me.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the info.

Yeah, even 'Norm' from cheers is in it. Just thought of a comparison, if you've seen Larry Clark's Bully or Kids then this film fits into that 'grity' type of genre. Perhaps Gordon's The Ant King is like this? I haven't seen that one yet.

I saw Edmond at the Montreal fantasia festival with Stuart Gordon there.  It's a David Mamet play, an early one.  And though it's not his best work, it's a solid film. 

King of the Ants is also good, but grueling to watch - depressing and disturbing.

King on the ants is very cool, it was cool to see "Norm" play a bad guy. It's basically a revenge story but done the Stuart Gordon way. Again I don't know if it would clasify as horror but it's violent and bloody. I have Edmond at home but have not watched it yet, maybe tonight. When I do I will try and get a review up.