Re: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I really liked it for three reasons:
1. mainstream horror that goes to theatres needs a kick in the balls and the fact that they did not shy away from the brutality and gore at times proves that they are going in the right direction with horror.
2. R. Lee Ermy, he is such a bad ass and for them to show how he went from plain Hewett family member to Sheriff Hoyt was a real treat and one of my favorite parts of the film.
3. The scene where Tommy Hewett realizes he likes the saw and becomes a different more confident killer is great. When he grabs the saw and goes after the girl is terrific.
I will add this to my collection because I have just about every other TCM movie out there even part 4 which was a total piece of shit. I even have three different versions of the original, still not sure why I keep buying those.

SPOILERS BELOW

I remember seeing on the IMDB a bunch of posts disagreeing on how the film ended (this was before it was released).  Some people who saw it said Jordana Brewster surivives and others said she died.  Now that I know how the released film ends, does this mean there were two endings shot?  Or is everyone on IMDB full of shit?

I suppose we'll have to wait for the DVD to know.

sounds awesome..i will have a look-see

I just saw the movie and I have to say it was much better than I expected BUT it would have been much better if this was the remake. Its kind of like the original only re-invisioned. There was no tension in the film because you knew that no one in the Hewitt family would be harmed.. well beyond what they were in the remake.

So this is kind of hard to say whether its enjoyable or not... If I had not seen the remake or known of its presence it would have been a welcome addition to the TCM franchise but because the entire time you know the only thing thats going to happen is that all the kids will die.. Well it was just a bunch of filler..

Goon wrote:

I just saw the movie and I have to say it was much better than I expected BUT it would have been much better if this was the remake. Its kind of like the original only re-invisioned. There was no tension in the film because you knew that no one in the Hewitt family would be harmed.. well beyond what they were in the remake.

So this is kind of hard to say whether its enjoyable or not... If I had not seen the remake or known of its presence it would have been a welcome addition to the TCM franchise but because the entire time you know the only thing thats going to happen is that all the kids will die.. Well it was just a bunch of filler..

New here, not to be argumentative, just my opinion here but I thought this movie was very good, very disturbing: gore, viloence, etc...I really thought there was alot of tension, based on the wonder/fear of what was going to happen to our victims next. This is the type of movie that can unsettle you, leave you with that vulnerable feeling...I liked it, thought it was put together (acting, story, flow, effects) very well. Runs into the remake nicely, gives some history on the family, some of the why, the what...all that jazz. Not for the squeemish or the easily spooked...could have been an NC 17.

I like this movie it was good to me.

I thought it was pretty shit, it was gory but that doesnt make it good. No tension, no story no nothin, just the same old shit