Topic: Old school horror may come back to life, With Stephen King's The Mist

The Mist has always been one of my fav King storys, And it would be a dream come true if they brought it to life on the big screen (Or DVD) For right now this is just a rumor ( http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/themist.php ) And for any of you that has not read the story, I can tell you if they do the movie right you are in for one hell of a ride.

Re: Old school horror may come back to life, With Stephen King's The Mist

Yea I have heard some whispers all over about this movie finally being made. But I haven't heard anything solid so I haven't reported anything about it. Alot of what is going is around is purely speculation.. I've never read the story myself.. Can you give us a little detail of what the book is about?

The Mist is a mini-novel that is included in 'Skeleton Crew' by Stephen King. It's a terrific story of a group of people trapped in a store by a mysterious mist and the horrible creatures it brings to town.

That sounds kind of like Feast.. But I hope this movie gets the proper treatment.. Alot of Kings work recently has been shat upon.. I'm hoping Roth changes that with Cell..

Our own horror madman Goon updated the rumors for The Mist with this bit of news ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6726.html )  word is out that Thomas Jane is up for a role in this upcoming King flick. As goon said this is really nothing new, Seeing how we have been hearing rumors for what seems to have been 3 years now, The only thing i have to really say about this is...  Will they ever really make this flick, Rumors are rumors & Enough is enough, Lights Camera Action i say!!

I hope they take their time in the set up, the Mist is a really good tale.

I thought I read the Mist before. As soon as Norrock mentioned Skeleton Crew I knew Idid. I have that book and its the first story in it.
If the rumour ever becomes a truth, thats going to be really cool

I've never read King's The Mist, but the plot sounds awesome. With the buzz about this movie steadily growing, It only seems logical to actually read the story first. I'll try and pick it up tomorrow when I buy Feast.

I think Roth will do a terrific job with Cell, no doubt in my mind.  I have never read this "mini-novel", but the sypnosis sounds very intriguing.  Like Goon said, with the proper treatment this film could turn out really good.

Sounds awesome...if done right.

That story was on of his best short stories that hasn't been made into a movie..let's pray its not another ABC 4 night primetime load of crap like the STAND or IT or.....you see where I'm going.  Goon-yea, could be similar to the FEAST, but a haunting FOG like rolls into town bringing all sorts of creatures with it...very good read..and its a short story, don't have to commit a month to it.

I'm pretty wary about seeing a King book made into film, especially when it contains supernatural elements.  Of all the adaptations, I really only like Pet Semetary, and not that well.  It's his non supernatural offerings, like Shawshank; or ones that involve very little such as the Green Mile that I enjoy most.

So many of his stories are character driven, or at least the character's motives are pretty clear to the reader, and that doesn't translate well.

The Mist is one of my favorite stories, and at first glance a screen adaptation appears to be a no brainer, but I'll take a wait and see approach.

I've been hearing about a feature film adaptation for a very long time, and while I'd like to get excited about the possibility of this finally happening, I just can't.

Besides, based on what little I've seen of the Masters Of Horror series, I'm concerned about Mick Garris' involvement with this.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade.  I'd truly like to see this get done.  One set, really, the supermarket.  Fog.  Murderous creatures in the fog.  Should be a slam dunk, but unfortunately it's never quite that simple with Stephen King.

And though I know The Shining is a popular movie amongst most horror enthusiasts, I really didn't like it that well.

Should I run and hide now?

I liked the Shining but it was Jack Nicholson that made that Kubrick version/movie rock...the TV weeklong-true to the book version was POS...as are all the Stephen King -sent to TV movies IMO.
Amen...the FOG/MIST...hole up at the market...fight the monsters...easy enough right?
On the Mick Garris thing, what do you mean? I like some of the MofH, some I do not...but its like Tales from the Crypt or the Darkside, or a "box of chocolates",never really know what you're gonna get...

This sounds like another Stephan King movie I saw once; where all these people get trapped in achurch by snow and the Devil shows up?

the Storm maybe, not sure.

I love The Mist so much and the first time I read it, I could picture it in my mind as a movie.  I'm really hoping they finally do it and do it right.  It's an awesome story.