Topic: Even Scarier Movie Moments

On tomorrow night at 9pm-1amEST on Bravo TV is 'Even Scarier Movie Moments.' 

No idea what films they are gonna show, but hopefully some of the new ones like Land of the Dead, The Descent, Hostel, etc.

I am currently looking for a blank VHS tape....gonna tape it.  smile

Then afterwards I guess we can have a wonderous, blood soaked debate about if they were right in the order of the movies.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-10-19 08:24:18)

Re: Even Scarier Movie Moments

Thanks for the heads up Golden.  I'll be checkin' this out for sure.  Good thing you mentioned it, because ive never even heard of it.

They did the 100 Scariest last Halloween and it was very good.  It actually led me to several films I may not have watched otherwise, like The Devil's Backbone.  (I did a review of that one last year if you've never seen it.  It's a very spooky film)

Np everyone.

100 Scariest Movie Moments is good if you catch it on Bravo.  If it somehow goes on DVD..I would pick it up...great just seeing the interviews and such.  Especially Clive Barker mentioning that there are women who want to bear Pinhead's kid despite he hasn't done a damn decent thing the whole series  tongue

Though, i don't agree with putting Jaws above The Exorcist as the scariest film..but....wonder this time what they are doing.

Aw man, it was bound to happen at some point.  LMAO
Jaws is my favorite movie.  And I definitely think it affected more people with real fear than The Exorcist did.  Don't get me wrong, The Exorcist is super scary but Jaws kept throngs and throngs of people out of the ocean and caused a worldwide shark attack panic.  smile

Yeah...that is probably the reason why it got top spot.  But, I was glad that Alien got #3 smile

If Poltergeist isn't on there I will be mad. When the boy starts looking for his clown doll and slowly looks under the bed... That scene still gets me when I watch it. And I know what is coming. Damn Speilberg and Hooper!

Good I thought I missed this.. In the commercial the one movie I remember sticking out was Slither.. So they are definetly going with newer movies. I loved the first installment and can't wait to see what they show this time..

I do recall Slither.

I hope they mention Masters of Horror...maybe Imprint will get up top for being so freaky:)

But...#1...Shaun of the Dead...or at least in the top 10 or 20.

I hope they mention The House That Drips Blood, and maybe Event Horizon.

Last edited by Blackthingsforsale (2006-10-19 17:26:24)

Its on.  they are doing 30 films

So far

30: The Grudge
29: Cape Fear
28: Cabin Fever

I only saw the top 10. I was greatly disappointed with their number 1 scary movie moment. In fact, once me and my bf saw which movie it was, the channel was changed, and neither of us saw which exact scene it was, but the movie was Hostel. They could have picked a lot of other movies over that one. It had it's moments, I suppose, but all I got from that movie was: tits, blood, blood, tits, tits, gore, tits, gore gore, blood, tits, blood, tits, tits, blood.

i agree with you nikidoom hostel was an ok movie but not worthy of #1 by far but i was pleased oldboy was up there in the top 5

i've never seen oldboy. but they did a great job making me want to see it. lol

this sucks because I don't get that channel and all the good shit is on there..but I agree with you too nikkidoom thats all that movie was and they should of picked a different one..now not saying I didn't like hostel I did I thought it was a brutal movie after all the boobies went away..

I was ever so happy to see oldboy on the list and to see Dead Alive recognized but this shouw should have been called even bloodier moments because that pretty much what they went for. I think the other one was better, the 100 scariest moments.

guess what I found out I had lol..I was going through the channels and what do I see the BRAVO channel..I was like YES! I can watch it..so I watched the one they had last year and then the new one..I was disapointed about JAWS being the first one though I mean it was a scary movie and I have a fear of sharks but I think something else should of been #1..that dead alive looks like a kick ass movie and being Peter Jackson made the movie makes me want to see it more..

Dead Alive is kick ass and when you watch his earlier films....man, I just so wanna ask him what kind of a pitch he made to New Line for $300 million to do Lord of the Rings and then ask a New Line exec why did they pick this low-budget horror director.

I agree with you RaVeN about JAWS being #1, imo it should have been The Exorcist, but I think the reason behind JAWS getting it is because it scared people off the beaches.

But Raven if you get Dead Alive, try to be sure to get the unedited version, because there are two DVD versions floating around.

Definatley check out Dead Alive, Raven.

It's one of my favorite zombie movies of all time. Old Peter Jackson horror movies are all worth checking into. If you haven't seen Brain Damage or Bad Taste, check those out also. They're both also by Peter Jackson from around the same time Dead Alive was made.

When I was watching the show and that came up I was like WOW I have to see this lol..it actually made me want to puke it was so gory they showed the part where the old ladie was falling apart, I was like ugh!! I almost gaged and that was from just clips of the movie lol but then I was like I must get this movie..ooh yeah and thank you guys for the other movies I will deffently look into those..;)

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2006-10-30 14:26:53)

nikidoom wrote:

the movie was Hostel.

Really?  Damn.  That film could have been better IMO.  I was actually disappointed in the lack of gore after all the raving that was done about it.  To me it was not much more than Eurotrip with a bad attitude. 
And WTH is up with Cabin Fever?   I just don't understand why so many people love that movie.  I thought it was laughable.  I would love to know who Roth is doing in Hollywood.  LOL Cause I just don't get it.
(But I'm sure he's a lovely guy) smile

That's what happen when too many little teenage pansy biys and cheerleaders ho to see a horror movie, it gets all hyped up like Hostel. I liked Hostel, and fearing for my life (don't hurt me Maven.......well don't leave marks) i liked Cabin Fever as well. Eli Roth is good because he is a tru fan of Horror and has made it to Hollywood, now, if he doesn't sell out he may be able to bring some indie horror into the mainstream which is exactly what it needs right now.

I didn't hate Hostel.  I love the idea.  I was just let down with the amount of gore.  From all the hoopla I was expecting to be truly disturbed.  And I didn't even have to look away.  That's all.  As far as Cabin Fever, though, I do hate that movie.  It bored me.

Yea but you have to admit the leg shaving scene and the ending was pretty good. It had it's moments.