Re: Your top 5 asian horror films

1.Battle Royale
2.Infection

I haven't watched too many Asian horror movies, but thouroghly enjoyed the two above. Movies like Ringu and The Grudge have kind of turned me off of the whole Asian horror scene, but I've recently been trying to give them a second chance.

I'd check out films like Miike's Audtion and Ichi the Killer, 3 Extremes, The Eye, Shutter, Abnormal Beauty, Versus, Simpathy for Mr. Vengeance, Dark Water, and many more.  They kinda changed my overall views in asian horror.

Hi there! Here's my list...

1. Ju-On (1+2)
2. A tale of two sister
3. The eye
4. the ring
5.  New Blood

Uzumaki isn't bad either, but I think it's veeery weird...
I don't enjoy Miike that much, but I guess that's because I'm not a gore person ^^

Audition
Old Boy
Versus
The Eye
3 Extremes

Leon, The Japanese Ju-On films are really love them or hate them.. I love them. I really like the way Shimizu is able to stilt the story line and really hop around with it.. It hasn't translated so well with his American attempts but you need to pick up the original films Juon The Curse 1 and 2.. those are great..

TiM mentioned a ton of other good asian films you should check out. I've heard alot about R-Point as well so I would scope that one out too.. I also enjoyed Junk but some people don't seem to appreciate it the way I do..

Leon wrote:

1.Battle Royale
2.Infection

I haven't watched too many Asian horror movies, but thouroghly enjoyed the two above. Movies like Ringu and The Grudge have kind of turned me off of the whole Asian horror scene, but I've recently been trying to give them a second chance.

Nobody seems to like Premonition, I thought it was twisty and dark.  Not technically horror, but very edge of the seat.  Check it out sometime, as well as all the above forementioned suggestions.

Last edited by Blackthingsforsale (2006-10-19 18:01:32)

1. Ichi The Killer.
2. The Eye.
3. Infection.
4. Ju-on.
5. Battle Royale.

1. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood
2. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood
3. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood
4. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood
5. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood

oh, and Guzoo and Ichi the Killer

battle royale
battle royale 2
happiness of the katakuris
ring
tale of two sisters

Goon wrote:

Leon, The Japanese Ju-On films are really love them or hate them.. I love them. I really like the way Shimizu is able to stilt the story line and really hop around with it.. It hasn't translated so well with his American attempts but you need to pick up the original films Juon The Curse 1 and 2.. those are great..

TiM mentioned a ton of other good asian films you should check out. I've heard alot about R-Point as well so I would scope that one out too.. I also enjoyed Junk but some people don't seem to appreciate it the way I do..

I'll try and see if I can get my hands on the two original Japanese Ju-on films and some of the movies TiM mentioned. The upcoming film, The Host is one of the first Asian horror films I've actually been following since they first started talking about it, so I plan to check that out once it gets stateside.

battle royal
oldboy
sympathy for mr. vengence
audition
2LDK
damn i wanna see Ichi the Killer!! Miike RULES!!! this movie looks TwiSteD!!

well well i see ppl know who Takashi Miike is.. well here goes:
1)Battle Royale
2)Izo
3)Gozu
4)Ichi the Killer
5)Audition
and for those who havent seen Izo...uhavent seen nothing yet.

Yea I haven't seen Izo yet.. I've been meaning to check it out but I have been under the impression that its not really a horror film..

well izo is a horror film in that it contains gore,blood,brutality,etc. so its not a monsters and demons kinda movie.

These aren't in order of preference-
Imprint
Pulse (Kairo)
Audition
Ichi The Killer
Battle Royale

Tempura_Maker89 wrote:

well well i see ppl know who Takashi Miike is.. well here goes:
1)Battle Royale
2)Izo
3)Gozu
4)Ichi the Killer
5)Audition
and for those who havent seen Izo...uhavent seen nothing yet.

Takashi Miike is the man, his short on 3 Extremes "Box" was amazing (not to mention Park Chanwook's "Cut") also, The Great Yokai War and The Bird People In China look really good.  I would say my favorite of his movies is...well...Ichi The Killer.  Just so much fun to watch.

1- Ringu
2- Pulse
3- 3 Extremes
4- Battle Royale
5- Cello

Sorry, but I just don't 'get' these Japanese Horror films - they are certainly not scary. I haven't had a film scare me since I first saw the Exorcist in 1973. It's a bunch of regurgitated crap. I'm waiting for the next scary film...any predictions of what it might be? I don't think it will be a Japanese horror film!

Hi folks! heres my top 5!

1) Visitor Q
2) Freezer
3) Flower of Flesh & Blood
4) Bunman: The Untold Story
5) Tetsuo: The Iron Man

ju-on,the eye, the ring, marebito, re-cycle....oh and dont watch stuff like story of ricky!!!

oohps forget marebito  what ive meant instead was dumblings...

New List
1 Ju on - The Grudge (3)
2 One Missed Call Final - best of 3
3 The Ringu
4 Battle Royale
5 One Missed Call
6 The Eye
7 Tale of two sisters
8 R - Points

Updated List

1 Ju on - The Grudge (3)
2 Ghost House
3 One Missed Call Final
4 One Missed Call
5 a Tale of Two Sister
6 Battle Royal
7 The Eye
8 Yogen
9 The Ghost
10 The Ringu

Last edited by BASSI (2008-03-26 14:55:01)

I haven't watched many but the ones I would put on my list would be:
Battle Royale
Ju-On
Audition
Three Extremes

Last edited by skfan (2007-02-23 22:06:12)

Suicide Club
Audition
Art of the Devil I & II
Ichi The Killer
Versus
Ringu Anthology-All 4 movies
Ju-On
Ju-On 2
Ju-Rei (The Uncanny)
Cure
Junk3 Extremes
The Eye
Spiral (Uzumaki)
Pulse
Isola: Multiple Personality Girl

I know the topic is Top 5 Asian Horror movies. But i did write down all the ones and really good ones that i have seen and think everyone should see them. But now for my top 5 Asian horror movies.

1. Suicide Club
2. Audition
3. Tie: Art of the Devil and Art of the Devil II
4. Ichi The Killer
5. Versus