Topic: Wasn't one remake enough, Night Of The Living Dead 3D

Whats your thoughts on this 2nd remake to a classic? ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_4858.html ) Ive always wanted to see a 3D zombie flick, But should it be Night that we get in 3d?, Wasn't one remake enough?, I guess it don't matter as long as they stick to the roots of what Romero started.

Re: Wasn't one remake enough, Night Of The Living Dead 3D

This version is more of a re-imagining with added characters.. I think they just used the name to get attention. I heard that John Russo was really pissed off about the movie though. Personally I want to see it.. Mainly just to see the 3D effects plus it has Sid Haig in it..

Yeah i have always wanted to see a zombie film in 3d, I hope this one comes to the big screen, But the more news i read about it the more this sounds like it may be a straight to DVD.

Uhu, it sounds like a mroe  camp movie, evil doctor, college kid instead of trucker, and more pop out moments than tense things. Plus it has Sid Haig.

Doubt it'll be better than an average film though.

I just saw the trailer and I have to agree with the fact that I would really like to see a zombie movie in 3D, but I do not know if this will be worth it.  The addition of characters is something I am against, but the bringing of a movie to a more modern look I am for.  Also, I am against the fact that Ben is being played by a white guy, and agree with the point that him being black was a big part of the movie.  Then again, in all fairness, it is more modern so that can I guess be taken out.  I do not know.  I am rather mixed on this and am just hoping it is good.

P.S.  Night of the Living Dead was my first horror movie.

I think the Ben character was black in '68 to make a statement too, and in the 1990 remake the race issue was more clear between Cooper and Ben, but here, seeing as the story seems to focus more on action and less on subtext, I think that colour doesn't seem to mater in the film.

I agree that race does not really matter in a more modern film which focuses more on action than on a social message, but Ben should be black just to stay true to the character.  To not make him black really does not change anything in the story at all but then in that case you could make another Alien movie with a black Ripley instead of Sigourney Weaver... just seems odd.

Yeah, I agree with that, but we're also getting an explanation over the disease which seems more alien for me than any character changes, it's a huge homage much like Dawn '04 more than anything else I think. 80% New, 20% Old, or summit similar.

My God, a zombie movie with an elaborate explanation for why there are zombies... BLASPHEMY!  I had no idea that was going to happen which means I must now go hide in a cave when this comes out.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2006-07-02 19:18:40)

Don't forget to fill it up first, we all know what happens when you forget that.

Yea I don't see it necessary to bring race into the movie anymore.. As for revealing the disease.. Have you ever watched any other zombie film? Almost all of them I have seen have revealed what the cause is.. Romero is really the only guy who has kept it under wraps.. Plus like I said I think they are really just using the name to draw people into the film..

Agreed.  Though even though other films reveal a slight reason for there being zombies, the writers should be respectful to Romero's original film and mention just the same which he mentioned: "Satellite falling from space".

To be honest if they even included the "Satellite falling from space" I would have to slap the screenwriters.. Of all of the theories I have ever heard about why zombies are coming back to life that is the worst explanation I have ever heard..

Night of the living dead was mostly everyones first horror movie as much as i hate the idea of remaking classics I really enjoyed the 1990 remake i thought it was a lot better then the 68 and I think it would be better if they did use that name insted of night of the livng dead 2

I have yet to see 3d that works. I am really dissapointed they made it in 3d since I wont be seeing it. Cheap 3d gives me a headache.

Well guys now you may be able to see this in theatres.. To be honest I was very surprised at this news.. I thought this would get a very limited release..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6133.html