Topic: help me find this movie! please!

So I've been trying to figure out the title of this movie i saw the trailer for a while back. I don't remember exactly when it was but it was on the VHS for probably some 80's or 90's action movie. As far as I can remember it was about kids in cabin and they were being attacked by monsters or something. I'm almost positive its not The Evil Dead because I've seen those movies a bunch of times and it doesn't look like what I saw or at least what I have in my memory. I know its extremely vague but I'm hoping somebody can help me out and throw some titles my way so I can find the trailers for them.

Re: help me find this movie! please!

hmm do you have any more details? Kids in a cabin being attacked by monsters, made in the 80s or 90s.

hah sorry I don't know though. I remember stairs and it said something about them staying the night. There might have been an old guy. I really want to say its Evil Dead but i know its not. So if you can think of any movies that are like evil dead or any other movies involving kids in a cabin, then I could look more into those. thanks for the help.

im sure one of the folks here will have an answer, me im drawing a blank but i suck at this kinda thing smile

Hmm when you mention "old guy" it reminds me of Evil Dead 2.. There is an older kind of hillbilly guy in that one..

Outside of Evil Dead I can't think of anything else.  But, ponder this one I must.

that could be the original pumpkinhead or evil dead 2 like goon said but there were a whole bunch of kids in the cabin in the woods movies around that time. I would bet on pumpkinhead though.

watched the pumpkinhead trailer. That was pretty much exactly what i described. Hah but still, its not it. I don't know, I'm never going to find this! Thanks for mentioning that though because I'm going to watch it now.

When you mentioned the old guy saying something about "staying the night" , could you be referring to the one demon saying "dead by dawn" in evil dead 2???

Just trying to help...

what about the crazy old man in friday the 13th part 3 i think?

Crazy Ralph was in the first two and then there was the old hippy-ish guy  in three.  Good call, Baby.  I was gonna mention that too.  tongue

There was Watchers, I think they ended up in a cabin at the end of that movie.