Where the hell are you, Lon!?  I wanna read Shake's script!  tongue

Re: Screenwriting

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Where the hell are you, Lon!?  I wanna read Shake's script!  tongue

Hee Hee!
Yeah Lon - get the hell out of bed!

Awright, awright, keep your shirt on, I'm just getting back from work.:lol:

Shake, email it to me, I'll upload it to my Angelfire account and provide a link to it here.

Can't add attachments to the email links in the site. Geesh this is turning into a bigger ordeal that I thought.

Check your PM's. wink

Loud your site hasn't even been approved yet. How do I get a .pdf file up in HM.ca?

Hasn't been disapproved, either. big_smile

I'll go ahead and post the link; Meh, if you object, let me know and I'll remove it.

Oh...folks, if you want me to host your script, feel free to include a logline.  On the page itself I'll provide your logline, author name and hm user-name should someone want to contact you.  I'm hesitant about posting email addresses because you never know when a bot's around.

Rowan by Shakingman.

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-01-06 21:54:12)

Dude, what font is that?  Cause' it sure don't look like Courier to me.  tongue

On a more serious note, I'll read it when I have the chance.  I'm occupied at the moment.

Wow, I don't know why the font changed when I sent it to LL. This is becoming ridiculous.

I can't even get it, it's 198 KB but every time I try dl it it stops at 30.9 KB and theres nothing there. hmm

Demon - you must have one of those new P.O.S. model computers, all you can really do is shoot it with a shotgun and take it back for warranty repairs haha lol j/k.  I got it to come up on mine, but sheesh yeah that font is a little hard to read.  Kinda cool, but a little overwhelming to the eyes.  on the comp screen anyway.

Odd.  I'm seeing it in Courier font, not having any problems at all with it loading.

I'm wondering if it's not just Angelfire being persnickety.  Stoopid Angelfire...

persnickety? I dont even know what that means tongue

say i have a question - does anybody use an alias? or should you? what would be the pros and cons to an alias?

I don't use an alias.  I've thought about it, though, because my name is boring as shit.

You mean, like a pseudonym?  The only downfall I can see to that is if you sell a script and they make it out to your fake name.  Good luck cashing it.:lol:

There are plenty of screenwriters who've done this...Richard Matheson immediately comes to mind...but they're well established and typically they do it so as not to appear credit hungry.  Best bet's to stick with your own name until you've got the clout to get away with that kind of thing.

Persnickety: characterized by excessive precision and attention to trivial details.  In other words, being a dick.
lol

LoudLon wrote:

Persnickety: characterized by excessive precision and attention to trivial details.  In other words, being a dick.
lol

aahhh its all coming together now. lol thanks.  I'll be using that at work all week this week that's for sure lol

I figured I'd use my own name, i was just curious if anyone else uses alias'  I really don't see a benefit unless you're popular and wouldn't want to be bombarded by people all the time.  or unless your trying to scam someone... lol

gabs1515 wrote:

Demon - you must have one of those new P.O.S. model computers, all you can really do is shoot it with a shotgun and take it back for warranty repairs haha lol j/k.  I got it to come up on mine, but sheesh yeah that font is a little hard to read.  Kinda cool, but a little overwhelming to the eyes.  on the comp screen anyway.

Maybe I should but I'm putting it more at the fault on that "Stoopid Angelfire" than my pc. I have an angelfire website and I know what its like hmm

But I still can't get that pdf file, it goes to 69 now hmm but it just won't go any further tongue

DemonToSome wrote:
gabs1515 wrote:

Maybe I should but I'm putting it more at the fault on that "Stoopid Angelfire" than my pc. I have an angelfire website and I know what its like hmm

But I still can't get that pdf file, it goes to 69 now hmm but it just won't go any further tongue

thats all you need man, any more than 69 and your just greedy lol

69's okay but I like 77 better.   You get eight more.

Get it?  "Eight" more?  "Ate" more?  Oh my freakin' God, that is the funniest joke in the world to make me laugh ever.

As for Angelfire, I'll try tinkering with the settings but I don't think there's much I can do.  I'm not having any kind of problems viewing the script at all; could be because it was my Angelfire account it was uploaded with, though.  I'll check into it.

Lon is putting one of mine up, as well.  Thanks, Lon, and feel free to all to supply feedback!

House in the Woods 2, by rerj73

lol I don't know but I keep getting a corrupt file for both of them... that 77 joke must have something to do with it lol

Well, shit.  neutral

This obviously isn't going to work.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Am I the only one who isn't able to get the files? It seems like a few others are able to get it, so I don't know whats wrong.

It works for me, both of them.  that last one by rerj came in just fine....font and everything.  Must be the persnickety hahaha

it must be just demon, anyone else having problems? demon, is your pdf reader in need of updates maybe? I'm not so good when it comes to those kind of issues.