Re: Screenwriting

As stated, I'm not having any problems.  I'm wondering if maybe it's a browser thing?  I use Firefox exclusively.  What about you, gabs?  Demon?

I really don't know, I have downloaded other pdf files lately and they work OK, but it does seem to be on my side since everyone else is getting them

Last edited by DemonToSome (2008-01-07 12:33:09)

I'm using IE 6

I get it fine through Firefox... looks square here.

If you'd like to read my script PM me your email address and I'll send you the .pdf direct.
Maybe Lon is corrupting the files so no producers can read them hence his competition is lowered. AHahahahahah! Bastard!
I've sent you another .pdf file Lon - when last looked at at this end it was in thatItalisized font but I've fixed it and sent it to you anew.
Persnickety!
Shake

I just tried opening it again and the font was fine. Coolness!
Shake

That's odd, too.  I haven't even uploaded the second one you sent me, so you're still looking at the first one.

The mind boggles.

Yes, the first one.
Did you try it?
I did update my Acrobat - maybe that has something to do with it.

The scripts are sort of getting lost in these threads as well. Unless you know it was posted it may not ever get read by people just browing the thread.
We should try and keep this thread about scripts and critiques - not whether we use pseudonyms or what were using to try and open the file.
Not trying to be mean here - but if someone new comes in here they may not necessarily read all the posts. DyanowatImeen?!
Shake

I use firefox at home and Internet Explorer at work. Both came up fine when I opened them at both places.

I agree with Shake that the scripts do get kind of buried, but the thread is called Screenwriting... maybe a separate thread called scripts for posting and feedback would be in order?

Or maybe a thread just for posting the scripts and another for peeps to reply or critique them...get a sticky on it as well.

I'm sorry, I can't focus once someone uses the word "sticky."  Really, yeah, I seriously am THAT immature.
lol

Good idea re: thread for scripts only.  One of you fellers want to bring it up to Meh?  I have to go get ready for work.  Dammit.

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-01-07 14:22:45)

Sticky Sticky Sticky!

Meh. did you read the thread?

This whole forum is for screenwriting / filmmaking and indie films. If it ws me I would post a NEW thread for each script that is posted with a link to where it can be read, brief overview, etc. That way each thread can be a discussion about that thread and it wont get lost in the mix.

But the only one with access to posting .pdf's right now is LoudLon.

not sure what that has to do with anything. ? Why cant anyone else post pdfs? And Loudlon doesnt need to post the pdfs on the same thread.

?

how?

ok im confused, whats the question? sorry i didnt read every post just the last posts.

Shake-

I just posted a new thread under the filmmaking heading with Lon's link pasted in... looks like it's working...

I agree, Meh, a script should have its own thread.  The question they're asking, though, is if hm can host their scripts.  I offered to use my Angelfire page to upload and host them, but some folks are having trouble reading the scripts.  I'm not sure if it's a glitch on Angelfire's part or not (I have a link to my Angelfire page in my sig below).

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-01-07 16:01:04)

Looks fine to me, Lon... I think it's an issue of browser, honestly... I haven't had a problem looking at either script... Also, sometime this week, I can set up my own web page to host from my end, so Meh doesn't have to use server space...  something I need to do anyway.

How did you connect your script to LoudLon's site rerj?