Topic: Is Tom Savini really a jerk in person????

I consider Savini (like most horror fans) to be god-like in the world of gore, but every time hes at a convention, I end up missing it. But several people that I've talked to that have met him say he's not exactly a people person to word it politely. This makes me a little hesitant to actually try and meet him. Anyone by chance got to meet him? Is he cool to bulls**t with or is he rude???

Re: Is Tom Savini really a jerk in person????

im sure Meh or Goon can comment on Mr. Savini's people skills.

Sometimes I cant really blame cerleberties for being rude, imagine all the people who they have to deal with. A lot of fans can be real rude at conventions, it can wear them down after a while. I have heard some people say some pretty bad stuff to cerleberties. A lot of times a certian fan will want to take up to much of the persons time, when theres a line behind them, and when that fan is asked to move on to give someone else a chance they get offended, so to them that cerleberty is the jerk. Just look at some of the people we talk to on forums.

I met him and he was kinda is a hurry when i met him, he was like wat sur name and he shoke my hand and sign the pic and i lefted but Bill I had a chat ith him I loved when he said lick my plate u dog dick-TCM2 it was classic. he was a really nice guy wasnt too shy round me.

My experience with him wasn't bad, but then I'm a chick.  LOL Mike said he wouldn't be rude to me most likely.  I don't know how he is with guys.

Tarantino is the coolest though.  He is a really great guy.  smile

I heard that Savini is a big dickhead in person.

i have always heard Savini is a complete jerk to his fans. He just acts like you should follow him around as if he is lord master of all things horror. I have also heard hes quirky but overall a good guy from others

My take is when I met him, told him who i was and that we wanted to talk to him for a few minutes when it was convenient for him and promote his new movie on our site he blew me off big time. He might as well of told me to 'fuck off' and leave him alone.

Now that said everyone is entitled to a bad day, an off day or even a day when they just dont feel well and are not at their best form. I know I have days like that. Does it excuse it? Not in my books.

I have heard that is is hit and miss with Tom and he can have personality swings...I'll find out next weekend in Austin and let you know how it goes.

Bill Moseley is not shy, but is very laid back and soft spoken.  He is always cool to fans and has a very dry sense of humor.

I have to say that Bill Moseley is a super cool guy. I have met him twice doing the horror circuit and he is just a funny and friendly guy who seems to really enjoy spendingtime with his fans and talking horror. Great guy!

Look forward to heairng your experience with Savini.  Would love to hear you have a good time and he was really friendly... wont be surprised if its not the case smile

Ha Ha tongue

Is there a topic started already in general of meeting celebs?  If not I think I'll start one.

ive not seen one but we have so many posts.. i see no harm in starting a new one. smile

I used to chat with Savini every Friday night on Savini Chat and he was always pretty cool.  He made it clear that he is annoyed by fans who do the following:

1.  Ask him the same questions twenty thousand other fans have asked him because, seriously, they should know the answers by now. 

2.  Talk dirty about/flirt with his daughter.  Plenty of 'net pervs spoke quite explicitly about her and threatened her in chat on several occasions, which is one of the main reasons his chat is no longer up -- because of the sickos.  Pretty much blew it for the rest of us.

He was always pretty cool and I thought it was a riot when, on one Friday night chat, my ex decided to log in from our second computer and challenged him on his defense of fencing as a martial art (which it is).  I didn't defend her or anything when he gave her shit back, mostly 'cuz he was really putting her in her place and I thought it was funny.
lol

I'm sure it just depends on what is going on in a persons life. I'm also sure that fans can be a pain in the ass at times depending on who they are or what their mentality rate is.

I met Savini at the B Movie Celebration in Franklin IN. He was cool. I got a pic with him as well. It's on my MySpace. Also, he held a Q&A about SPFX during the event. He communicated well with everyone.

Anyway, he's ok.

Well when I met the guy he totally blew me off.. Pretty much just didn't answer my question and walked away from his table.. Who cares if the fans ask the same question? Hes being paid to sit there and answer them so at least be courteous. The fans made him who he is otherwise he wouldn't even have a way to make money these days..

Bill Moseley is one of the coolest celebrities I have met. He's really down to earth and a lot of fun. Back in 1999 he even personally answered an e-mail I sent him. This was before he did House of 1000 Corpses and became a huge name. But even today he is still the same way. Nothing changed the guy. I think Savini is just bitter about the success that KNB went on to get and now hes left to take little shitty cameo roles..

Greg Nicotero is another really cool guy. My memory was jogged by goons comments.

Well man, I sure do hate to hear that. I wonder why he is like that sometimes. I guess you can't win them all.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read this thread.

OK - As Droog pointed out, our meeting with Tom last weekend was more indifferent.  When I got to the hotel in Austin Thursday afternoon, I ran into him in the lobby.    I said hi, he said hi, end of story.  During the show he was set up in the dealers room and was not very busy all weekend. BUT a lot of people went to both his panels and did the photo ops with him...I think the reputation proceeds him.  I decided to buy a picture for my collection and settled on the one from Planet Terror as Robert Rogriguez was going to be there and I was going to get him to sign it also (he did).  The look on his face was "what, is that the only movie of mine you know?" As I made my rounds in the dealers room I would stop and say something and he would be polite, but distant.  During the panel I attended he was very animated and more approachable and answered all questions. He spoke about recently being robbed of his LIFE savings.  Apparently, it is not a distrust of banks but a desire for his daughter to have instant access to his money without probate, estate taxes, etc. that lead him to keep everything in a safe in his house.  They believe some contractors took the whole safe but didn't touch anything else in his house.  His biggest tip to people wanting to make homemade FX (other than go to my school) was to add more green to their blood.

On the other hand, John Carl Buechler was totally approachable and talkative.

I hadn't thought of that... green will make the red deeper and darker... not so stage bloody.  I always added instant coffee to mine.

I use that cheap shit from wal-mart. looks pretty real.

A couple of  times at conventions I've passed him in a hallway or such and tried to say "hi" and he just kept going, eyes forward as if I were invisible.  It happened once, okay he was on a mission--twice, well, I must have particularly bad luck to keep running into him on a "bad day."  There's no requirement in life that every celebrity be personable, but I'm not sure why he does these events if he doesn't enjoy them.

Well in Toms defense if i was always mobbed by fans ranting about dawn of the dead for the billionth time i would get pissy too but then again if he has issues with it then he should not put himself out there in conventions.  He is really not a big or important star for that matter. He should be lucky that he has such devoted fans.

Sounds like a jerk!!  http://kebawe.com/smellies/smellie_lol.gif  http://kebawe.com/smellies/smellie_spit.gif

Last edited by helrzr1964 (2010-02-01 21:39:21)

who cares if he's a fkn cxnt

id go up to him n say "hey savini you fkn cxnt - nice gore bitch, now make me some more exploding heads!"

MissKatonic666 wrote:

Ha Ha tongue

Is there a topic started already in general of meeting celebs?  If not I think I'll start one.

Yup, here it is