Topic: Contest Rules, Etc

This sticky will outline the rules of our contests, any questions, comments, etc, post em here.

- Contest prizing is NOT shippe by me. It comes direct from the studio
- We will do our very best to make sure the prizing shows up in a timely fashion
- We are NOT responsible for lost prizes or prizes that dont get delivered
- You must include the information we ask for in your entries.
- Enter 1 time per contest
- You can enter every contest, regardless of if you have won in the past.

This will be updated, changed, decombobulated, etc. So check back from time to time.

Re: Contest Rules, Etc

Do you have to be a certain age to win?

all depends on the contest.

Ok.

So you'd have to be 17+ to win the Black Christmas contest?

wut other contests are there?

read the news, contests are never a secret, in fact they are on the top of every single page.

Are the contests at Movies Online anr Horror Movies mutually exclusive?  For example if someone sees a mention here and a mention there for a contest with the same prize pack, are we cutting our own throats if we enter twice?  Or ARE they two different contests?

they are different sites and the contests we run here have nothing to do with what any other sites do.

We are NOT responsible for lost prizes or prizes that dont get delivered

This one sucks I never did get that Wolfcreek DVD sad

I am not complaining I think the contests are cool though and I am happy you have them.

you won a contest here and didnt get hte dvd? Did you email and let me know? And yeah I refuse to take responsibility for dvds that get lost/stolen/misplaced by studios. Its not fair to ME to have to pay for it.

i signed up to receive a 28 days later: Aftermath comic soon after the post was made, and i never received anything...so i did it again today...are they out of the comics?  did i miss out?  please e-mail me and let me know

its a contest. winners will be picked from those who entered. I only wish we got copies for every person who wanted one.

oh, okay, the post was a bit misleading...it seemed to me like one of those first come first serve type deals and once they were gone, they were gone...but i get it now...do you know when the drawing will be?

soon as i get time to pick the winners... it never is to long.

okay, thanks a bunch.

no sweat smile I got a ton more contests going up shortly, and when i post new contests is typically when I close older ones. I will likely pick some lucky winners this weekend!

Hey Meh, I don't know if you can check but i'm just really curious but do you have me in the system for that contest?

Hey I have a suggestion for the Contest posts on the site.  I was wondering if Horror-Movies.ca would consider posting as a rule, the expiry date of all contests and the exact number of prizes available.  I know I like to know all the details and I am sure others do as well.

Last edited by PUCKU (2008-01-11 23:08:51)

Hey Meh, Where's my "Land of the Giants" Giant Collection Box Set?
Since I didn't get it for Christmas I thought you'd like to contact the Irwin Allen people and try to get me one.
Thanks a bunch!
Shake

http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/11/34/33/97/dvdm1011.jpg

Last edited by Shakingman (2008-01-13 14:55:55)

PUCKU wrote:

Hey I have a suggestion for the Contest posts on the site.  I was wondering if Horror-Movies.ca would consider posting as a rule, the expiry date of all contests and the exact number of prizes available.  I know I like to know all the details and I am sure others do as well.

expiry would take to much work, but i will consider it for future. The reason we dont ever post qty and dates mainly is because sponsors although we love them can sometimes make mistakes.

Sometimes they will say they have 5 copies of X and it will be here by X. Then 2 copies show up 3months late. So I try to cover my ass as much as possible. As much as you all know I am not responsible for prizing I still want to make sure its as clear nad straight as possible and deliver on everything. Tks for the comments Puck good to see you again.

And my Land of the Giants prize pack?

hey guys, was wondering if the contests were opened to people outside the country? i live in australia...so can i still enter these thingies?

hmmmm normally is only US and canada because shipping would be absolutely BRUTAL. I have to foot the bill for shipping myself so i am not sure i can afford australia.

oh ok...nah thats cool anyway meh you already provide us with plenty of good news etc.

most horror or gore flick dvds have trouble getting their our customs anyways.