Topic: Twitch of the Death Nerve(1971)

This is a great film by director Mario Bava which came out in 1971 and alot of fans know it by the title Bay of Blood or Twitch of the Death Nerve.

I have it on dvd and love the film and you can see where Sean Cunningham got some of his camera angle ideas from for Friday the 13th. Also Friday the 13th part 2 stole the scene from this film where a couple are having sex in bed and a killer stabs a spear through them both.

Twitch of the Death Nerve was filmed in Italy and like I said I have the 84 minute uncut dvd version of it. The cut version of it is only like 76 minutes long.

There are 13 good kills in this film especially the opening kill scene. The film is sorta like 10 Little Indians where everyone is dying but by different peoples hands in it. The opening kill is a rich old lady who owns alot of land in a bay area and is killed off and her relatives and neighbors are going at it killing each other off for the inheritance so to speak.

Re: Twitch of the Death Nerve(1971)

Can't wait to see this when I get my Bava box set in the mail this week.

mdc666 wrote:

Can't wait to see this when I get my Bava box set in the mail this week.

Yeah I think you will like it alot. It has a beautiful setting on the bay and lots of gore and kills.

I've never heard of this movie, but I'll definitely check it out now. It sounds interesting.

aka "Bay of Blood" , pretty cool flick !  did u ever notice that almost all of the kills in this movie were mimiced in "Friday the 13th Pt 2" ??

eDogg2012 wrote:

aka "Bay of Blood" , pretty cool flick !  did u ever notice that almost all of the kills in this movie were mimiced in "Friday the 13th Pt 2" ??

Yeah and alot of the camera angles work from Bay of Blood can be seen in the first Friday the 13th.

I think its a great film......one of Bava's best, I highly recommend that you all check out the Box Set.

skfan wrote:

I think its a great film......one of Bava's best, I highly recommend that you all check out the Box Set.

What films are in his boxset?

RIP wrote:
skfan wrote:

The first box set has: Black Sabbath, Black Sunday, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Kill Baby Kill, and Knives of the Avenger.  The new one that comes out this week has: Lisa & the Devil, House of Exorcism, Bay of Blood, Baron Blood, Kidnapped, Roy Colt & Winchester Jack, 5 Dolls for an August Moon, and Four Times that Night.  I got mine for only $33.  Good deal for 8 movies.

mdc666 wrote:
RIP wrote:
skfan wrote:

The first box set has: Black Sabbath, Black Sunday, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Kill Baby Kill, and Knives of the Avenger.  The new one that comes out this week has: Lisa & the Devil, House of Exorcism, Bay of Blood, Baron Blood, Kidnapped, Roy Colt & Winchester Jack, 5 Dolls for an August Moon, and Four Times that Night.  I got mine for only $33.  Good deal for 8 movies.

Thanks for the info!:cool:

I already own Twitch of the Death Nerve and Kill Baby Kill but I think  I will buy that boxset.;)

Yea both of them are great.. I own both.. Just watched 4 of the films from the second set last night.. Bay of Blood is great.. That opening scene is crazy.. Totally did not see that coming.. It should be noted that this is often called the first Slasher film ever.. The Grand Daddy of Slashers..

Goon wrote:

Yea both of them are great.. I own both.. Just watched 4 of the films from the second set last night.. Bay of Blood is great.. That opening scene is crazy.. Totally did not see that coming.. It should be noted that this is often called the first Slasher film ever.. The Grand Daddy of Slashers..

Yeah I agree but Blood & Black Lace might be a the first slasher film in my book from the 60's. Have you ever seen it before with Cameron Mitchell in it?

Bava is a legend and this box set is something that I'm looking forward to.

this was definitely one of Bava's BEST!! 
I scored a collector's edition version about 2 years ago, and I've been jovial ever since. 

A lot of different versions are floating around, some titled "Bay of Blood" and I forget the other AKA's; but the Anchor Bay (?) release of Twitch is the full uncut version that was restored so the picturesque scenery is all there to be experienced!!

I need to get that box set. I have the first box set which is a great Bava collection.

I Had this one for long, i not seen yet asi total forgot about it roll.
i stick this DVD Player!