Topic: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

I thought this would be a fun idea for some movie facts/trivia.  I like to call it "did you know" as the whole point is to put a piece of info for a film that not everybody may know but might intrigue them.  I'm gonna put this as a sticky to see if it gets any interest, and if not I will unstick it and let it fade away among new topics. 

Let me start:

Did you know that Robert DeNiro was originally supposed to play Tom Hank's role as adult Josh in the film Big?

Re: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

This might be fun okay I have one

"Did you know that Kevin Costner was going to play Bill in Tarantino's Kill Bill but droped out to direct Open Range?"

Did you also know that the role of Bill was also supposed to go to Warren Beatty? Also did you know that the afro wig worn by Samual L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction was actually supposed to be larger but they sent the wrong one. Tarantino went with it because he didn't have time to order another...thus history was made.

Kurt Russell was up for the part of Han Solo before Harrison Ford snaged it.

Christopher Walken was also up for Han Solo. Robert Englund was supposed to be Luke Skywalker too....Just think about that....weird!

Did you know that Dead Alive is done exactly as Peter Jackson's finished script.  (read that yesterday big_smile)

Did you know that Jack Nicholson....yes Jack Nicholson was interested in and wanted to play Mr. Parker, Ralphie's dad in "A Christmas Story" but, realizing that his asking price would put them over budget, they went with Darren McGavin. Big Nicholson fan but they made a great decision going with the other guy. He was perfect!

Did you know: Sets from the film Dark City including rooftops, buildings and others interiors/exteriors were reused for filming of The Matrix. (Among MANY other stolen similarities tongue )

Examples: (Dark City pics on the left, Matrix Pics on the right)
http://i6.tinypic.com/734o5ck.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/6xs1v05.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/8a0u9zn.jpg
You can see many many more here: http://galeon.hispavista.com/cinerama/a … rkcity.htm

Did you know that Lee Marvin turned down the role of Chief Brody in Jaws.

Did you know that a whale turned down the role of the shark in Jaws?

In Superbad the word "fuck" is used 186 times in the movie. The movie itself is only 118 minutes long. That averages to approx. 1.6 uses of the word per minute. Around 84 are said by Seth (Jonah Hill) alone.:D

Did you know that Veronica Cartwright (Lambert) originally was to play Ripley in "Alien," before Sigourney Weaver was given the part.

I heard Lee Marvin was the first choice to play Quint in Jaws and Meryl Streep of all people was supposed to be Ripley as well.
Did you know that Christopher Lee was the first choice to play Dr. Loomis by John Carpenter but turned it down. After the premiere, Lee immediately told Carpenter how deeply he regretted not doing the movie.

Did you know that the role of Dracula (Bela Lugosi) was originally meant for Lon Chaney.

That one, I did know. Really, I think either one would have been a good choice; it's just hard to see anyone else play Dracula after Lugosi cemented it into our minds so well.

Here's one: Did you know that for Stephen King's film Cujo, toys were placed on the car's dashboard to coax the Saint Bernard to try to get through the windshield?

in jaws the sharks name is bruce. (i know maven knew that of course).

Did you know that originally the scene in "Blazing Saddles" where Lily Von Schtupp is seducing Bart was one line longer, but the censors wouldn't allow it?

[Lili von Schtupp has lured Bart back to her room]

Lili Von Shtupp: Is it true how zey say zat you people are... gifted?

[Lights go out, sound of zipper opening]

Lili Von Shtupp: Oh. It's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!

[pause]

Bart: You're sucking on my arm.
lol

actually he said your sucking on my elbow, but yes its cool. and did you know that they told mel the only 2 scenes he needed to cut were that and the beans/ farting scene?

he siad he cut it but released it with the scene in obviously and people loved it and the ratings board didnt complain.

Did you know Zoe Bell (who recently played her first main role in deathproof) plays Uma Thurman's stunt double for both Kill Bill films?

Sorry, I had to do another one:). Not exactly movie trivia but...

Did you know, the name of the boy who was subject of the "true" exorcism that inspired Blatty's novel was Ronald Hunkeler. After he was "cured" he went on to attend Gonzaga High School in Washington, DC, graduating in 1954. He was later a scientist with NASA. Understandably, he refuses all interviews regarding his exorcism. At last account, he was rumored to be living in Laurel, MD.

Did you know that Stephen Spielberg originally offered the job of directing Schindlers List to Roman Polanski, but he turned it down. Spielberg also offered the role of Oskar Schindler to Harrison Ford, who turned it down. Polanski loved the script but the movie hit to close to home for him. Ford didn't think people would be able to see past him and felt the story was too important to tell.

Ash's Missing Hand is Back!  Woot!

(How's things?)

Did u know the Halloween idea was from Bill Clark's originaly idea for a sequel to his Black Christmas movie?

Oh another one.
Did u know there are no CGI computer effects shots in Frances Coppola Dracula?
Everything was done old school camera tricks, minature, backgroound screens and etc.
Coppola had to fired all the first special effects people because they keep telling him to do CGI, so he got his son to manage it.

Did you know...

Adrien Brody auditioned for the role of Jackie Boy for Sin City. Leonardo DiCaprio was originally up for the role of Junior but eventually declined the role, which later went to Nick Stahl. Also, Jessica Simpson auditioned for the role of Nancy Callahan. o.o