Topic: Deadlands: The Rising? I love zombies.....

I love zombie flicks of all shapes and sizes, trust me this movie blongs in your collection. I got my copy a few days ago and have watched it twice now, once by myself, and again with a few friends that say they are going to pick it up once it hits stores. The movie is really good guys, I plan to do a full review by end of the week. Seriously, I watch a lot of indie features and Deadlands has great camera work, good acting, good zombies, gun fire, traffic jams, all kinds of cool stuff going on. You will be pleased with your purchase, trust me, plus now you guys get it for a few dollars less. I have nothing to do with the production of this film and I do  not know anyone affiliated with it personally so my opinion is just that, it's my opinion after having spent the money and watching the DVD for myself. Good luck Djfunk and hurry up with the sequel, I can't wait. Aggghhhhh, I need more zombies!:D

Re: Deadlands: The Rising? I love zombies.....

Thanks H2K

Glad you enjoyed it.

GOOD NEWS - Part 2

Something you will be happy to know is that now that I am finished with the script for DEADLANDS 2 I am actually going through it writing temporary music for the zombie sequences in part 2. I have written 6 score pieces and it is very horror orchestrated. Lots of strings and grand piano's.

BAD NEWS
DEADLANDS 2 won't being production until mid to late 2008.

Happy news
I wrote a short script for a VAMPIRE flick that I am going to shoot in the spring of 2007. Now I wrote 3 different versions of the script. One involves a total of 6 people, two of which are Vampires

Story 2
Is about female vampires and how they became what they are

Story 3
Think NOTLD with VAMPIRES. A small town is under siege everynight from a vampire clan whom has taken up residence in the town for sometime. The occupants of this town are afraid to do or say anything because even during the day they are watched, and they try to warn others to keep moving along as they don't want to see them end up with a similar fate as the rest of the town.

Story 3 requires a lot of VAMPIRES and would more or less be a zombie style film, but it is the idea I like the most and is the one I want to do next, However story 1 is my favorite smaller story.

I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of deadlands. Also I like story 3, but to me it seem like more of a feature type of story. Anyways good luck.

we already have a monster thread on deadlands, why do we need a 2nd? Hate to be the forum natzi but keeping all the positive thoughts in the same discussion shows folks what everyone thinks in one spot.

Sorry Meh, just thought if someone didn't want to go through all 3 pages on that thread to find out what someone thought of the DVD they could look here. I guess that's what reviews are for as well. I will be mailing you my pinkie finger since I have brought myself shame in your eyes.

rofl.... you crack me up bro smile Seriously though I see your point. And will await your pinkie regardless. tongue

If ya got the budget and time, do #3 for the vampire movie.  Sounds really cool.

Yeah, I love the story. I have 18 pages of the script finished. Now it is just a matter of when and what time and what money I can get to do it.

I only have about $20,000 I can spend on it so far and it will probably cost more like $50-$60K

So here is hoping as write and aim to shoot NIGHT FALL. Thats what i am calling it.

It's in the mail Meh, thank you for your forgiveness. Don't worry it only bled a little. I agree #3 sounds great and I like the title. You should come and shoot it in my little home town, it would be perfect. Of course it's in CA and I don't know where you are but hey CA's great this time of year. If you need music for Deadlands 2 I manage a rock group here in Sac, CA. Check out their Myspace @ www.myspace/necrobeach.com I'm sure they would be psyched to have a song in your flick.

if I knew 100% i could get everything coordinated on $20K I would shoot anywhere anytime I don't care. However, no one wants to know you with $20K in your pocket. $20 Million well their arms are wide open, and they welcome you like the lost son they never had.

Yea I hear ya, if I can help in any way don't afraid to e-mail me. I could use the expierence since i want to shoot my own movie within the next year or so.