Masters of Horror Dance of the Dead DVD SpecsMeh
Horror does not always mean ghosts and goblins. Sometimes terror stems from the follies of Man...On September 12th, Anchor Bay Entertainment releases a historic collaboration with the DVD release of "Dance of the Dead" from the Emmy™-winning Masters of Horror anthology series. Directed by the man who brought audiences such terrifying classics as the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Poltergeist and The Funhouse, Tobe Hooper brings to chilling life the short story from legendary genre writer Richard Matheson ("The Twilight Zone," Somewhere In Time) about the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust…and how the dead envy the survivors! Armed with megatons of bonus features including rare new interviews with Hooper and Matheson, "Dance of the Dead" carries on the Masters of Horror tradition of mixing mind-bending horror with relevant political and social commentary.
"Dance of the Dead," adapted by Richard Christian Matheson (Richard Matheson’s son), depicts a post-apocalyptic dystopia wherein re-animated corpses of former friends and enemies dance on stage at The Doom Room for the entertainment of the few that survived a nuclear holocaust. Too naÔve and wholesome for her own good, Peggy (Jessica Lowndes) embarks on a double date with the rebellious Jak (Jonathan Tucker). Smiles turn to screams as she learns the truth of the dangerous world outside her mother’s protective cloister, and the sacrifices that were made in order to guarantee her survival. Robert Englund ("Freddy Krueger" from the Nightmare on Elm Street films) also makes an unforgettable appearance as The Doom Room’s twisted MC.
TOBE HOOPER’S "DANCE OF THE DEAD" includes the following extras:
- Widescreen Presentation (1.77:1), enhanced for 16x9 TVs
- Featurette: "The Written Word: An Interview with Richard Matheson"
- Featurette: "Primal Screams: An Interview with Tobe Hooper"
- Featurette: "Working With A Master: Tobe Hooper"
- On Set: An Interview with Robert Englund
- On Set: An Interview with Jessica Lowndes
- On Set: An Interview with Jonathan Tucker
- Behind The Scenes: The Making of Dance of the Dead
- Audio commentary by Director Tobe Hooper
- Still and Storyboard Gallery
- Tobe Hooper Bio
- Screenplay (DVD-ROM)