Mario Bava's Kidnapped DVD SpecsGoon
On April 3rd, Anchor Bay will release Mario Bava’s cult thriller Kidnapped, produced by longtime collaborator Alfredo Leone. Available for the first time on DVD, Kidnapped (aka Rabid Dogs) features two versions of the film: Bava’s original cut and a previously unreleased uncut version. You will be able to pick this one up for around $19.98.
Kidnapped (aka Rabid Dogs) has a history equal in drama and scope to its explosive narrative. The harrowing story of a botched robbery by three criminals and the aftermath – taking three hostages during their desperate getaway – Kidnapped was never finished due to a dispute with the estate of the film’s financier who died during production. Anchor Bay’s presentation of Rabid Dogs includes both Bava’s original film – now with newly created opening and end credit sequences – as well as the version known as Kidnapped featuring footage shot by producer Alfredo Leone and Mario’s son and longtime assistant Lamberto Bava.
The DVD will include the following special features:
- Two versions: Mario Bava’s original film (aka Rabid Dogs) and a previously
unreleased uncut version
- Widescreen presentation (1.78:1), enhanced for 16x9 televisions
- In Italian with English subtitles
- Featurette: “End of the Road: Making Rabid Dogs and Kidnapped”
- Audio commentary by Mario Bava biographer Tim Lucas
- Mario Bava bio