Hellraiser 20th Anniversary DVDthegoldensimatar
One of the best films of our genre, the first good adaptation of his work, and the one that shot Clive Barker to the top Hellraiser is coming back to DVD with a new 20th Anniversary Edition DVD.
DavisDVD got the specs from Anchor Bay (now Starz Entertainment) about the new disc.
- Commentary with writer/director Clive Barker and star Ashley Laurence, and screenwriter Peter Atkins
- Hellraiser Resurrection Featurette
- Mr. Cotton I Presume?: Interview with Andrew Robinson
- Actress From Hell: Interview with Ashley Laurence
- Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser
- Hellcomposer: Interview with Composer Christopher Young
- Still Galleries
- Trailers/TV Spots
- DVD-ROM Screenplay
Quite a nice stack of extras. The previous disc only contains the Hellraiser Resurrection and a commentary by Barker and Laurence, plus the minor stuff of trailers and bios. And with the addition of Atkins, I can guess that its a new commentary. Overall, it looks like its well worth a double dip and better be worth the price.
The new Hellraiser 20th Anniversary Edition DVD comes out on October 24 for $24.97