Jeepers Creepers 3 Shooting in LA Now!

TheM 16 Comments Movie Page: Jeepers Creepers 3

Jeepers Creepers 3 Shooting in LA Now!This has been a big week for film details first we had the first exclusive photos for Silent Hill 2 and now we have an update on Jeepers Creepers 3 which has been long gestating. About every few months we get updates on the film and typically its nothing more then talk on the project.

Now we have an interesting scoop from a reader who goes by the name Jordy. He writes to us to tell us that Jeepers Creepers 3 is finally more then just talk and planning. He writes;

They are currently filming the movie as we speak. Just got back from Universal Studios, where I saw the Creeper’s truck driving into a sound-stage.

There is a mixed bag reaction to the Jeepers Creepers movies but for me I absolutely loved them. I felt the first film was creepy beyond belief and had a great script and a talented cast. Jeepers Creepers 2 was not as good as the first film but it was still definitely a fantastic film and as such I have been waiting impatiently for the Creeper to return.

Jeepers Creepers 3′s full title is Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral. It is being directed by Victor Salva and will see Jeepers Creepers 2 star Ray Wise return as will Jonathon Breck who plays the creeper. This movie has ties to both the first and second film but also brings in a brand new angle as it goes back to the Wild West and brings in a Native American folklore angle.

A portion of Jeepers Creepers 3 will focus on the character of Trish Jenner from the first film who has a son and names him after her brother Daryry who was murdered by the creeper. The film apparently segways into a revenge angle as she sets out to take down the creeper and avenge her brothers death.

For me the Creeper is the first good new monster movie we have seen in awhile that is a throw back to classic horror. If you have not seen the original Jeepers Creepers I strongly encourage you to check it out. Are you excited for another Creeper movie? Did you like the first two or am I alone in my passion for it?

Update: According to Omaritoto who has commented below Jeepers Creepers 3 is not shooting. Seems that if they are using the truck for anything it might be pizza deliveries but its not for shooting jeepers creepers 3. He tells us;

Tks for the update Omaritoto! Seems that we will have to continue waiting for Jeepers Creepers 3 for awhile yet.

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. MsMetal March 27, 2011 at 10:08 pm

One of my all time favorite movie monsters, and both films are very good with strong characters. Been looking forward to this for a long time!

2. John W. Morehead March 27, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Thanks for sharing this news item. I loved the first film and thought the movie was a combination of classic monster movie with road horror picture. The creature was interesting in that you are kept guessing as to what it is, finally appearing as some kind of gargoyle-like monster. I agree that the second film did not hold up, largely because the formula of the first was abandoned. I don’t hold up much hope for number 3.

• MoviesOnlineca March 28, 2011 at 12:11 am

i am gonna hold up hope for the 3rd as long as i can bud :) I like you am a huge huge fan of the first film. Easily a Top 10 horror film from the last 20 years.

3. Omaritoto March 28, 2011 at 12:11 am

Your friend was lying. Sorry, dude. Victor Salva is currently filming “Rosewood Lane” in Los Angeles. “Jeepers Creepers 3″ is still just a script waiting to go into production.

• Anonymous March 28, 2011 at 12:14 am

not my friend just a reader :) Perhaps they are taking the creeper car for a joy ride to scare the local kids? :)

4. The Devil March 28, 2011 at 2:43 am

I LOVE JEEPERS CREEPERS! ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES FOR SURE! THE CASTING WAS PERFECT, THE STORY WAS PERFECT THE FX WERE PERFECT THE CREEPER IS JUST FUCKING PERFECT! I THOUGHT THE SEQUEL WASN’T THAT GOOD AS THE FIRST THO, BUT IT’S WATCHABLE.

5. Anonymous March 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm

This isn’t true at all. Please stop spreading rumors.

• Anonymous March 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Ryan your comments are duly noted.

• Anonymous March 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm

The JC 3 rumors run in cycles like the Creeper himself. Every 23 days…a new rumor surfaces.

6. Aswillette March 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

you mean years

7. Alexis July 12, 2011 at 10:47 pm

i did not know they were shooting a new jeeper creeper

8. Broncosfan4eva August 18, 2011 at 2:03 am

Love not scary when I waz a kid my mom didn’t know I waz behind so then I say that’s not blood it’s koolaid

9. Robertthorbergson October 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm

we should have jeepers creepers face off against jason instead of freddy what do u think

10. Anonymous November 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I was just watching this on http://watchitonline.ch/ ! It’s really cool, my recommendation :)

11. Jordan Cecil January 27, 2013 at 4:11 pm

This movie is said to be released on June 1, 2013 and that seems to be correct due to a cast member saying that a JC4 movie was to be filmed right after JC3 and is to be released on June 6, 2016.

12. Mark Lopez October 2, 2013 at 5:21 am

I am soon to be 16 years old. I have always had an intrest in acting. I am really interested in taking part in your film. im not the best experience but do have experience from theater. please let me know if any spots are open for your film. If you give me the chance I wont let you down. please feel free to email me at marklopez1203@yahoo.com Thank You for your time and hope to hear from you.