You Voted: 15 Best Horror Films of 2011 So Far

TheM 87 Comments

You Voted: 15 Best Horror Films of 2011 So FarIf there is one thing we try really hard to do its include all of you in the site and the community as much as possible. Over the last week I have been asking our Horror Facebook Community which is nearly 14,000 strong what your favorite horror movies of 2011 are.

After giving everyone ample time to vote I took 2 hours and put everyones votes into a spreadsheet and have made a Top Horror Films of 2011 list, with the caveat of course that the year is very much not over and some really great horror films are still getting ready to hit theatres and DVD. So if your wondering what you should be watching use this list as a starting point. The list below includes DVD releases where the film had a small theatrical run. It is also worth noting that the first film had over 40% of the votes and the next three easily had 8% of the vote each.

#15 ) Hobo With a Shotgun:

Grindhouse is the newest flavor of the week and Hobo With a Shotgun has all the ingredients in spades. A homeless vigilante blows away crooked cops, pedophile Santas, and other scumbags with his trusty pump-action shotgun.

#14 ) Fright Night 3D:

In the remake of the 80’s vampire classic a teenager suspects that his new neighbor is a vampire. This film stars Colin Farrell and has gotten surprisingly quite good feedback from horror fans making it no surprise you all voted it #14.

#13 ) The Rite:

An American seminary student travels to Italy to take an exorcism course. This supernatural tale which stars the incredibly talented Anthony Hopkins is definitely no exorcist but its still a very good direct to DVD title. It also is based on a true story which makes it even creepier.

#12 ) Yellow Brick Road:

I am surprised this one made the list but clearly some of you really liked it. Yellow Brick Road is the tale of a small town thats population completely dissapeared in the 40′s. The movie revolves around a group of investigators who go to the town to try and unravel what happened to the citizens of Friar.

#11 ) Tucker & Dale vs Evil:

If you liked Shaun of  the Dead its a safe bet you will want to checkout Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Tucker & Dale are on vacation at their dilapidated mountain cabin when they are attacked by a group of preppy college kids.

#10 ) Attack the Block:

Attack the Block is about a teen gang in South London who defend their block from an alien invasion. This is easily one of my favorite movies of 2011 and one of the best monster movies I have seen since Toby Wilkins SPLINTER

Pages:    Continue Reading »

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. Rickburrows September 20, 2011 at 8:46 am

Lost all respect for this article when Quarantine 2 is voted ahead of Attack the Block.

• HorrorMovies September 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

i 100% agree Rick but unfortunately this top list is the AVERAGE of all those who voted and not the views of myself, or the site as whole.

• Carlos November 14, 2011 at 3:14 am

you called him as whole…..lol

• Carlos November 14, 2011 at 3:18 am

you called him as whole…..lol

• Corpse Penetrator November 21, 2011 at 3:46 am

Attack the Block was totally overrated…an absolute travesty the Woman is not on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Habib Salim Thomas April 29, 2012 at 5:54 am

Whats “the woman” ?

• Trevor Foulkes May 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm

just watched this film its about a woman who has been raised by wolves. when after this sadistic guy captures her takes her back to his place only to end with dire consequences. not a bad film

• demelza law August 1, 2012 at 6:55 am

could you tell me what the movie is called ?
          Thanks :)

• DanofDarkness September 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Likewise. I didn’t find Q2 enjoyable at all. Acting was sub-subpar, the story was weak.. it barely held my attention. In fact, the only reason I watched to the end is because I enjoyed the first one so much. Oh well, at least there’s REC2

• Pogstungrenforgraball September 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

i 100%  lost respect for this article when danofDarkness said likewise to Horrormovies agreeing 100% with rickburrows about quarantine 2 being voted ahead of attack the block. 100%

• Roger Edwards December 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Yo! Rec 2 is out in Redbox! Rec 3 tralier is out! REC 2 went hard! Starts where they left off…Q@05f3dbc18b6d98ae8ee24d9d79f5128c:disqus
          , hot garbage.

• HardCore September 24, 2011 at 10:15 pm

bro quarantine 2 was a complete fail ,it was terrible , the story was just pathetic , the actors where like just picked off the street :( the zombi made sounds like a horny cat …. and the zombis acted like my class-mates after 2 beers O.o and i cant understand why they replaced the demonic pozesion plot with a ,,extremist green-peace tulip eating doomsday cult” :| T-T

• Ryan Dawson March 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm

honestly, i don’t see how attack the block would be considered a horror movie, to me it was almost a comedy.

2. Yolt13 September 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I thought FINAL DESTINATION 5 would at least make the list. Hmm…

• HorrorMovies September 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm

as did I but it didnt get anywhere near enough votes.

• Chris Nicklin January 6, 2012 at 3:29 pm

sorry guys but the final destination franchise just utterly bored me, the whole premise is nothing if not predictable

• Manny Hambrick June 26, 2012 at 5:19 am

i believe these are funny movies -_- these joints are mad funny like tucker and dale vs evil
          odee funny for no reason lmaooo

3. angusmac September 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I have yet to see most of these, but the ones I have seen are The Rite (which was fucking horrible), I Spit on your Grave (which is one of my favorite movies, original or remake), and Scream 4 (which I thought was fucking awesome. I was worried that Wes had lost his juice after My Soul to Take, but Scream 4 is living proof that he can still put out decent horror movies, now if we can somehow all forget My Soul to Take…..

4. DanofDarkness September 20, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Totally agree with Stake Land and Insidious. They are by far my personal runaway horror films of the year. Granted, there are still 3 months left of 2011, and I haven’t seen Tucker & Dale yet and Cabin in the Woods is yet to come as well, so we’ll see.

• WERTYD October 5, 2011 at 6:29 am

wow you should be burnt at the stake for liking insidious

• Don November 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm

You should be burnt for saying such stupid shit like that

• Syrina Astles November 17, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Insidious was awesome, it was a mix of Poltergiest and Paranormal Activity. If you dont like those 2 movies….then thats probably why you didnt like Insidious.

I thought it was brilliant considering it had the nostalgic appeal of Poltergeist and the tense jaw-clenching moments of PA.

• Mith Besler November 28, 2011 at 5:01 am

I would have to agree, not with DIAF comment, but that Insidious was bad. It started out really good. It used shadows and sounds to scare you. The old “Crap what was that I saw something in that window” trick. Even had the the sound of someone running their hands along piano strings.
          At first it reminded me of  The Amityville Horror. Then it strayed towards The Poltergeist, by the way in the Insidious world Paranormal Investigators dress like Jehovah Witnesses. After that it kinda of tried to do a, well best way I could put it is. Mary Poppins was really a demon and never never land cant pay it’s power bill.
          One could argue that “the Further” is just a construct of the little kid. If that is true then the kid really scares the crap out of me not the big old bad guy. Darth Maul that’s who the bad guy reminded me of. A skinny cloven footed, Freddy Kruger gloved Darth Maul. The twist at the end was predictable and might have been effective if you gave a crap about any of the characters. In the end the only thing I can give the movie credit for was being somewhat original.

• Charlie Berg January 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Well said.  I was sort of liking that movie (despite the characters) until 5 seconds after the paranormal researchers were introduced.  It just cranked my interest down to zero.  Poltergeist and The Exorcist nailed the ‘bring in someone who knows about ghosts’ trope, and hacks have been abusing it since then.  Paranormal Activity dodged that bullet when the investigator types dipped out, and Insidious should have taken a cue from them.  It’s a boring and implausible vehicle to move the plot.
          My second major complaint about this movie was ‘the Further’.  I was already waiting for the end at this point, and was really hoping for something cool to go out with.  I thought, “Oh, cool.  Sweet astral projection thing, this could be LITERALLY ANYTHING!”  The only limit is the screenwriter/directors imagination.  What did I get?  The house the whole movie took place in….but with mist.  I had a little goodwill for a couple of spooky scenes early on (the guy stomping around on the porch(but even then, it was still just some dude)), but the ‘realm’ killed it.  I was not pleased with this movie, and I’m happy to finally be saying so.

5. Vamp_Slayer September 20, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Meh! The Rite is not DTV silly man. And Wes Craven did not do the original I Spit on Your Grave! Also isn’t I Spit technically 2010? It came out in Oct.
        I am surprised to see Quarantine 2 on here. Same with Fright Night…which was ok. Where is FD 5 ?

• krpp October 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Likewise Stake Land – awesome movie but that too was technically a 2010 film.  Hit some film fests last October…

6. alien25 September 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Really can’t argue with most of this list, though Troll Hunter deserves to be much higher.  But that is probably due to the fact that most have not had a chance to see it yet.  That is probably also the reason that Cold Fish is noticeably missing from this list as well.

7. Evil The Cat September 21, 2011 at 5:10 am

I didn’t see ONE horror movie in that list– just action and suspense. You people are DESPERATE.

8. Thisislandsucks October 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I don’t understand the Insidious love. Obviously to each their own but when the “demon” looks like an x-men character I can’t help but laugh.

• HorrorMovies October 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm

the demon looked like Darth Maul from Star Wars lol :)

• Thisislandsucks October 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Spot on! It was just silly. Some ok jumps but just so predictable.

9. Nexious October 4, 2011 at 2:10 am

I rented and watched Insidious last night based on this list… Maybe I’ve become spoiled by all the fantastically horrifying J-Horror flicks (that Hollywood has butchered in remake after remake), but I found Insidious completely disjointed, uninspired and even comical with the demon. It just felt like a strange haunted house ride at a carnival. I can’t be bothered to watch Quarantine 2 after how inferior I found Quarantine to REC, but REC 2 is next on my list.

10. Leos October 5, 2011 at 6:27 am

really? insidious….troll hunter Q2? wtf is America coming too? wow i’ll come back when you put some almost decent movies on here…son of a whore

11. majoo October 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm

troll hunter ? ,-  pretty poor attempt I would say. no thrill, no sense of the real, no humor.. why on earth did it get 80% ? just don’t get it. no offense by the way .

12. Aaron Matthews October 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Hobo with a shotgun, I saw the Devil and Red State are not horror movies. I will say they were all amazing movies especially Red State and I Saw the Devil. But they were not horror flicks.  They were a thrillers or suspense movies. I Saw the Devil maybe might classify as a horror because it had a serial killer in it. But it was more of mystery/action flick in my book. I loved that movie by the way…  The ending is the best.

13. Aaron Matthews October 13, 2011 at 7:08 pm

And Stakeland should of beat Insidious.

14. Bobby Saretsky October 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm

La Casa Muda should have definitely been on the list. Quite easily the scariest movie I have ever seen!

15. Joejoe5673 October 15, 2011 at 4:32 am

Grave encounters is the scariest so far for 2011

16. Weirdmoviebuff-blog October 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm

“Insidious”? “The Rite”? Bad year for horror!

17. Headhunted October 19, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Spit on your grave was probably the best movie on this list , but what happened to the original horror movie??? To me a horror movie is all about the scare factor and not many movies these days has that… shame..

18. hayley breeze October 20, 2011 at 12:40 am

insidious number one?god I hate it for the title alone. so many people come into my work and say it wrong…get’s boring correcting people. No it’s not about a rock or tree so don’t say it like that.
        it was a f’ing terrible movie. I agree stake land is awesome (best vampire movie since blade). As for the rest I’m okay with them. I spit on your grave was more disturbing than scary and scream 4 is more a parody of all the other screams (boring,if you want nostalgia why not re-watch the first one!).
        Horror movies have moved on to a point of safe fun for the general public that true horror fans can’t stomach. I would rather re-watch a classic horror movie then any of the tripe they seem to spill into the cinema.

• Syrina Astles November 17, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I agree with your last 2 sentances, horror movies have gone down hill a lot, the directors and writers are playing it safe as to not offend anyone and to avoid getting a rating of “R”.

I really liked Insidious, lol but i respect your opinion, its def not the best film by no means, but i was just such a fan of Poltergiest and Paranormal Activity and it reminded me of both and i think that was a brilliant move for the fans of those 2 movies.

19. Vampire .. ! October 22, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Those movies are amazing .. i love horror movies , i’ve seen a lot of movies .. and the ones up there are KILLERS <3<3 ! i'm gonna see all of them , Thanx alot ;;**

20. Physc October 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm

there are no good horror movies in 2011 so far i have’nt seen the thing 2011 but it’s probably going to be that as the budget and thought has gone into making it and has a big reputation to proceed.The last good horror movie was the remake of the halloween movie called rob zombies halloween i say this as it had a realism to it and it portrayed michael myers as a human being not a robot that cannot be stopped it was the brutality and realism of the killings tha that yes was a bit sick but made it like it would probably look like if it haned,it showed how a person change from being a normal kid into a physcopath because of his social surroundings. It was a very clever movie to be fair but then he went and f@cked it up in number 2 halloween h2 by using the is it real or all in lorrie strodes head which failed big time. if you remember in number 1 he’s shot repeatedly and remains lifeless in front of the police there would be no revival as thewyy’d check his vitals and remove his mask what they should have done was make it so she and he both ended up in hospital and he was treated on the brink of death but survives and hunts her inside the hospital when he’s recovers a bit from a coma would make more sense then and could still be a dream scenario or is it? ending to.

21. Menocu4 October 25, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Pathetic list of garbage.

22. SharedPhobia October 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm

THE WOMAN  was damn good ….hadn’t even heard of it before it popped up on the web….shit was awsome…the girl was pretty hot too!

• Hayluv1969 October 26, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I saw that when it premiered at sundance!! It was so disturbing but it was good :)

23. nunya October 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Lost all respect for this list as soon as I saw insidious is #1…. what? that movie was horrible. completely stupid and not the least bit scary…..

24. Trekkie313 October 30, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Who the hell liked Quarantine 2? The first movie wasn’t that great and sequel has such massive plot holes and lapses in logic, that its astonishing!

25. Rebecca Smith November 13, 2011 at 4:36 am

SERIOUSLY?  Insidious ?  I know I saw that movie this past summer, and I can’t even fucking remember what it is about.   Hobo with a shotgun was funny as hell, great retro shit, not a true horror.  Same with Dale & Tucker, The Rite was boring as shit.
        Trollhunter, I loved it, but I don’t consider it a horror.  More like fantasy.
         Quarantine 2 is a ragweed crap house.   Rec 2 incredible as the first Rec.
        who reads this fucking blog?  retards?  Oh right, average americana.

Stakeland was very very good:  I saw the Devil was effing BRUTAL and fantastic.

I loved Attack the Block for some reason.  Very original.

But how about The Vanishing on 7th Street
        Black Death
        Bereavement
        Rammbock: Berlin Undead (yes only 1 hour long, still one of the best zombie movies in a very long time)
        Grave Encounters

Just  EWWW to this stupid list.

26. Vamp_Slayer November 14, 2011 at 6:23 pm

If you guys didn’t vote then don’t fucking complain about the list fucking morons. THIS LIST WAS GENERATED BY VOTES FROM READERS ON THIS SITE SO SHUT THE FUCK UP IF YOU DIDN’T VOTE!
        GOOD DAY!

• Steve November 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I agree but should do the voting at end of december as the thing remake/prequel comes out then and that will beat em all i reckon! Cant wait for that not long now :-)

27. Attitude_gal_sam November 16, 2011 at 9:31 pm

i loveddddd insidious……had be flippin lol

28. Sam November 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

had *me

I dont know why people gotta say rude things about 1 individual taking the votes of plenty viewers,.

29. Diet095 November 17, 2011 at 8:46 am

there are 3 movies I dont know how made the top 100 much less the top 15 and thats HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN,,YELLOW BRICK ROAD and RED STATE.I thought these were stupid and boreing just me.but Insidious proves you dont have to have a big hollywood budget to have a good movie.SCREAM 4 was pretty good,along with I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, ATTACK OF THE BLOCK,and I even thought TROLL HUNTER was ok.I havent seen the rest.I guess I havent got artist eye on the 1st 3 I mentioned but they were pretty hard to watch.

30. Moose Field December 19, 2011 at 8:08 pm

this is the worst list of top 10 horror films obviously alot of your followers have no taste in films. rec 2 for example and whats with all the remakes… most people havent even seen the originals so to put thm on the top 10 is rediculous

31. Cory Moore December 27, 2011 at 4:24 am

I thought most of the movies on this list were great…. And if you don’t think Insidious was a good movie…… kill yoself. That movie was original and if you didnt understand what was going on i suggest you watch it again with the lights off.  Quarantine 2 was good as well…. Whats with everybody wanting to troll over a Horror Movie list….. Different Strokes for different folks thats why you vote dumbasses. Shittt!

• Brian Pringle May 26, 2012 at 4:39 am

to say insidious was original proves you have never watched a horror movie  in your life.  it was the exactly plot for pultregeist.  sept this one was badly written with worse actors

32. Laurie Perry December 28, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I don’t think 2011 was the best year we’ve had for horror movies, but many of these are pretty solid. I know people who absolutely hated ‘Insidious’ – but I can’t understand why. It’s a great, scary film IMO. I haven’t seen ‘I Saw the Devil’ yet, will do that tonight, as it consistently shows up on almost all of the best horror movies of 2011 lists I’m seeing – including this one, which seems pretty close to yours (with a few notable exceptions):

33. Anonymous January 10, 2012 at 4:24 am

Just watch some of these movies cuz of this site…

Insidious is so stupid and terrible. Not scary at all and terrible sound typical American sound effect throughout the movie. 2/5 How was this number? oh that’s right, people don’t watch anything else but big movies in theaters.

I saw the Devil was way too long, but it’s a great horror movie, that will touch you in many ways, make you angry or sad. A must watch.

Steak Land is  a very good movie, nothing amazing but worth watching. It’s kinda like the walking dead / Vampires / Karate Kid :) Great watch.

That’s all for now, need to watch the others. But after Insidious at #1, I don’t haver high hopes for this list.

• Robyn April 5, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I thought Insidious was one of the scariest movies i’ve ever seen and i’ve seen alot.  Perhaps you watched it in daylight and half heartedly/without much interest.  I’d never even heard of it until it was recommended to me by a friend a month ago.

34. Gerson Poliño January 18, 2012 at 2:08 am

INSIDIOUS….. !!!! wow that’s GREAT!

35. derek tunnicliff January 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm

just my opinions here

The Thing- watchable but forgettable
        I Spit on Your Grave-awesome
        Mother’s Day-awesome and Jessica from true blood was in it so that didnt hurt
        The Woman-havent made it through the entire movie yet so cant say
        Troll Hunter-good film but not a horror movie nor would it make my top list
        Attack the Block-pretty good film but also not horror
        Rise of the Planet of the Apes-not a horror film but probably my fave movie of the yr
        Stake Land-havent seen yet but is at the very top of my to watch list
        Insidious-horrid horrid film.very surprised so many people like it
        I Saw the Devil-really good film but i dont consider it a horror film
        Tucker and Dale-more comedy than horror and not very good
        Super 8-not a horror and just awful anyways
        Hobo with a Shotgun-awesome flick but again not a horror film
        Red State-obviously Kevin Smith should stick to comedy by this sad effort
        Grave Encounters-boring
        Scream 4-actually pretty good considering its a teeny bopper horror film and i thought they sucked all the life out of the franchise so wasnt expecting much
        Final Destination 5- same feeling as The Thing
        Fright Night-also same feeling as The Thing
        Yellow Brick Road-no interest in watching this film
        The Rite-surprised this is on the list just like Insidious bc it is also very bad
        Quarantine 2-gave up early in this film.extremely bad
        Paranormal Activity 3-this is a 2011 movie right? i dont see anybody commenting it and yet i really enjoyed it and like it just as much as part 1 if not more unlike part 2 which was bad.
        Descent 2-same with Paranormal Activity thought in this case i do like 1 more but 2 was very good
        Rec 2- my last movie i will comment on and by far my biggest surprise of the year.i absolutely hated part 1 of this franchise so was caught off guard at how much i love this film and i loved it alot

Overall-Mother’s Day,Rec 2,and I Spit on Your Grave are my top 3 horror films of 2011 with Stake Land still needing to be viewed but very doubtful to be cracking my top 3

• Missie Jones January 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

totally agree with you. Your list and what you said :D When I see its a remake…I honestly cringe.  I loved the originals of fright night and the thing, but these were awful. Why cant they just leave the good movies alone….grr

• Missie Jones January 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

• Missie Jones January 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

• David Norris July 2, 2012 at 1:33 pm

The Thing was a remake of The Thing From Another World. It’s actually well know that John Carpenters film is a re-make so have a cringe about that.

36. Katrina Ann January 29, 2012 at 12:28 am

insidious was GREAT

37. Manawai Hammond January 29, 2012 at 10:28 am

i can only see the first 5 what is going on

38. Anonymous February 6, 2012 at 3:29 am

Insidious and YellowBrickRoad both seem to really divide people. Some people hate them and think they’re boring, and some people think they’re fantastic. That in itself is probably a sign of good filmmaking.

I thought they were both fantastic. Insidious is one of the most creative and atmospheric American horror films of the last decade, and YellowBrickRoad is my favorite horror film of all time. I don’t say that lightly, because I’ve been watching horror films my whole life and making a list of my favorites. I liked YellowBrickRoad better than The Exorcist, The Thing, The Shining, The Ring, Ju-On, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Alien, Session 9, The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Let the Right One In. All of those movies are brilliant, but YellowBrickRoad is even better. The strange thing is that it only seems to hit a small number of viewers; but when it hits you, it really hits you.

39. Karen Castro February 11, 2012 at 1:34 am

I am a huge horror movie lover and to be quite honest im a bit baffled by this list and the comments posted. Sure everyone is entitled to their oppinion but i must say that some of your movie suggestions SUCK. For starters, who ever thought final destination 5 was a good movie, must of been high off their ass. That series died after the second one though i kinda liked the third. Insidious was also terrible…so much anticipation for nothing. Quarantine 2 was a fucking joke. Why do americans feel it is their duty to remake foreign films just so they are in english. Remakes of foreign films are SHIT….great example girl with the dragon tattoo. The Paranormal Activity movies went off great with the first one. Sure i knew it was all fake but the creative edge the director took on filming the movie was phenomenal. Still look forward to the next upcoming movies from the series because i dont like to leave a series hanging without seeing it complete. The human centipede is a fucking joke as well. Sure it was banned from several countries due to its graphic nature but i feel they just wanted to protect their citizens from another horrible film. I will say that Hostel is an ok series due to its creative stories and killings. The remake of A nightmare on elm street was a bit disappointing because no one can been Robert England’s cynical twist to the characters personality. THis other guy just seemed really dull and depressing. If you guys want to check out a couple of movies, ill leave a couple of names below of some i watched and happen to like. They may not be my favorites but they sure are a good watch.

* Atrocious (2010)- in spanish but fairly good
        * The Tunnel (2011)- Australian film but interesting
        * Creep (2004)- Uk film
        * Exam (2009)- Uk film i believe, not a horror but really makes you think
        * House of 9 (2005)- Uk film, not necessarily a horror but a good mystery thriller
        * REC 1, 2…- Original Quarantine in spanish but definitely worth watching
        * Death of a Ghost Hunter (2007)- American film, kind of cheesy but liked the story
        * 8213: Gacy House- American, a bit cheesy and over the top but fairly good

A while back i came across an ad for a movie called Grave Encounters. Waited about a year for its release and when it came out i watched it and was greatly disapointed due to its FUCKING GHOST FACE crap that can be done by two year olds and be posted on you tube. Story was eh, and unfortunately i will be watching the next one since it is now a series in the making. NOW JUST AS ALL YALL POSTED YOUR OPINION THIS IS MINE, DO WITH MY SUGGESTIONS AS YOU PLEASE

40. Shahid Kawish February 27, 2012 at 7:19 am

Will you tell me about which one is the horrer movie ever?

41. Stephen Subramaniam March 3, 2012 at 5:04 am

The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel should have made the list

42. doctorwitch March 28, 2012 at 4:14 pm

NOBODY HERE HAS WATCHED LADDA LAND (2011 THAI HORROR FILM)??? pathetic

43. doctorwitch March 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm

and also try watching Feng Shui ( a Filipino Horror film). im not sure if there are eng subs though.

Try watching the two and then tell me all about it.

Other suggestions:

The Shrine
        Shutter (Thai) —– thai horror films are great really

44. doctorwitch March 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Try watching the two and then tell me all about it.

Other suggestions:

The Shrine
        Shutter (Thai) —– thai horror films are great really

45. Robyn April 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Absolutely agree that Insidious was the best horror movie of 2011.  I think i screamed from start to finish, that thing was uuuugly and turned up at the most unexpected moments in the most unexpected places!!!!

46. Jesse Williamson April 18, 2012 at 3:11 am

We get it. You all hate Insidious and every film sucks.  I liked Insidious. The mere fact it was made for 1 Million dollars and made 100 is amazes me. It proves that the amount of cash thrown into a movie doesn’t necessarily make it better. Hopefully they improve the ending for the next one.

47. Jeneane Blacine May 25, 2012 at 6:14 am

O.K… I know some people on here think that Insidious was the best horror movie  of 2011. And, while granted it was really good, “I Saw the Devil” was 1,000 times better; more intense, more psychological and has scenes that will leave you going wtf pretty much all the way through the movie. Once the beginning credits stop rolling…the movie is non-stop horror and well thought out plot. If anyone has not seen it…I guarantee you will not be disappointed. This movie does not let you catch your breath and the plot twists are totally unpredictable. This was just an awesomely done movie.

48. Jessi June 1, 2012 at 1:30 am

insidious isn’t that scary, really ppl? i didn’t even flinch when watching that and i was 8 years old.

49. Tom-arne Paulsen July 19, 2012 at 4:05 am

Is it just me or are there missing 9 films in this list? I cant for the life of me find more then 6 films listed here :P

50. Sondre Stette September 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm

When did The Troll Hunter become a horror movie? XD

51. MarkMusic April 30, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I’m sorry but this article is terrible first of all if there talking about the Attack the Block with the british or whatever kids that was overrated and not scary. Tucker and Dal was completely a comedy to me and my theater. The Rite, I thought these were supposed to be horror movies not thrillers madeup to look like horrors. Were the hell is Final Destination 5. Rec 2 was good, Quaritine 3 was enjoyable. I Spit On Your Grave is a 2010 film. Scream 4 was awesome. Insidious is the only film in her with the correct scoring. and Saw another 2010 film that wasn’t scary quite funny actually.

52. MarkMusic April 30, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I understand and agree with you about horror movies in general. The only horror movies I would actually tell people had a plot are “Insidious”, “Cabin in the Woods” and thats it. Paranormal Activity is the main example of how such a stop and drawn out movie can be a hit just look at it its a haunted house movie, only difference is that its hyped up looking like some terrible reality show. Poltergiest never found this entertaining or scary. I man Family Guys version was more entertaining and scary. I don’t blame horror movies for sucking I mean think about “Halloween” original when it came out now any movie with a guy slowly chasing them is a rip off. Stakeland isnt original either.

53. alexispius May 24, 2013 at 7:50 am

What exactly did I miss with Insidious? What is there to like? It’s just a generic haunted house story that gets a little weird at the end. Bad acting, bad special effects, nothing but cheap jump scares. Entirely forgettable, I’m probably not even going to remember it in a week.

54. t March 3, 2014 at 8:53 pm

No doubt you know your stuff when it comes to horror films, but it would be great if you could spare a moment to learn when to use its and it’s. Many thanks for the article.