You Voted: 15 Best Zombie Movies

TheM 49 Comments

#9) ZOMBIE:

George Romero is for me the master of all things zombie but you cant very well do a Best Zombie films list and not include Lucio Fulci. It comes as no surprise that you all voted his film ZOMBIE to #9 on the list. This Italian film is one of the first zombie films I saw after Night of the Living Dead and is still one of the best of all time.

#8) 28 Days Later:

Right about now all you die hard genre fans are having a brain aneurism. The infected in 28 Days Later are not zombies you are all screaming at your monitor. They are infected, they did not fall down and die and get back up. All correct! That said they are very much in a ‘zombie like’ state in the sense of the voodoo definition and the film is easily one of the better stories of ‘the infected’ of the last few years and for that reason I allowed it.

#7) Night of the Living Dead ’90:

I am still not sure which film I love more. I loved Romero’s original black and white film that was packed full of terror and intensity but the 1990 remake which was directed by Tom Savini just felt more polished and complete to me. I dont know why but most times I would rather watch Tom Savini’s version which George Romero produced but all things considered Romero’s is better only because it came first.

#6) Zombieland:

Zombieland is the second funniest zombie comedy ever made after Shaun of the Dead. Quirky, and gruesome it succeeded on its tongue in cheek humour, great casting and of course its 32 Rules of Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. If you love horror comedies and have not seen Zombieland yet you need to.

#5) Return of the Living Dead:

For me Shaun of the Dead is the funniest zombie comedy every made, Zombieland is second and the b-movie teen comedy Return of The Living Dead is third. This film is a shining example of everything that can make a b-movie great. Add to that it features one of the sexiest horror scenes ever with the stunning Linnea Quigley.

Pages: « Previous Page    Continue Reading »

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. The Creature October 3, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Dawn of the Dead NUMBER ONE!!  ;)

Solid list.

2. Ghost October 4, 2011 at 12:31 am

This is FANGTASTIC… Spooktacular even!

• Callum Greig June 19, 2012 at 7:17 am

These are zombies. Not vampires.

3. Chriskimmel October 4, 2011 at 12:45 am

How come land of the dead didn’t make it. I thought it was good

• jordan parks September 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm

best one ever only because of Ethan suplee

4. Anonymous October 4, 2011 at 4:32 am

I really like Land of the Dead and I feel like most people also like that movie

5. Musda Qar Qarth October 4, 2011 at 5:24 am

Come on, Resident evil over The Horde…..really guys….

• Joshclarkjc17 October 5, 2011 at 1:25 am

Resident evil over re animator too kinda crazy

6. Anita Madsen October 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Nice list, but I miss Dog town,that IMO is one of the funniest zombiemovie ever! I mean it, if you like brittish humour (and I know you do) its a must :) And also I really enjoyed Survival of the dead, it was funny, tragic and exciting at the same time and it made me think. How can you not like it? I`m curious…

• HorrorMovies October 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm

you mean Doghouse? If so I agree. Hilarious flick!

7. Anita Madsen October 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Yes Doghouse :)

8. Dirtygirl October 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Awesome list, Those are some of my favorites!

9. Ryanframe October 16, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Where is Children Shouldnt Play with Dead Things?????

10. MyLittlePwny October 19, 2011 at 10:45 am

i am legend? :(

• Marco May 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I am Legend was originally vampires and the creatures in the movies were never confirmed zombies either.  Besides, you obviously don’t use special effects for zombies, you use make up.  The kind of infection the people in I am Legend got would not be portrayed accurate if what it turned you into afterwards was said to be zombies.  Not to mention, zombies can walk in sunlight XD

11. Kooz November 7, 2011 at 5:38 am

Really good list, but some oversights.  I agree that I am Legend should be on here.  My top 5 is here: http://kooztop5.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-5-zombie-movies-of-all-time.html

12. Nicole December 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Love that dawn of the dead is number one!! But I don’t know I think this list did a bit better listing everything after…

13. Eric Sellers March 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

you forgot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7Kuud2Dgg

awesome list none the less…

14. Tim O'Rourke April 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

The Vanguard..unfortunately not very well known, none the less an awesome indie zombie flick

15. PeterArgent April 15, 2012 at 8:27 am

I’m fascinated by the movie at number 15. I guess you learn something new every day. I’ll check that out immediately. Here is my list of top ten non zombie zombie movies

• Rosemary Forsythe October 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm

THE ALL TIME BEST WAS THE VERY FIRST 1968 ROMERO’S
          NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
          THEN I THINK ANOTHER CLASSIC FOR NOW IS 28DAY AND 28 DAYS LATER

16. Michael Wilson April 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm

HELLO!! PONTYPOOL~

17. Zombie Movies April 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Ok. I can live with Pontypool not being on the list and I can live with Wasting Away (AKA Aaah!! Zombies!!), I am Legend, Dead Snow, Deadgirl or even Rec (the original Spanish film) not being on the list…. but to see that Resident Evil is on this list instead of those films… that makes me sad :(. Ok ok, maybe in the top 25 or even top 20… but not in the top 15! Ah well, at least it got stuck at #13 and not in the top 10 :D.

Oh yeah… Evil Dead, Dead & Buried… any of those would do! :D

But back to this list! I just love how the top 2 are my 2 most favourite movies. Allthough I’d change places cause the soundtrack and the desperation of Day of the Dead are what floats my boat.

18. Paul Henry April 28, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Dawn of the Dead isn’t the last film in the trilogy, its the second.

19. ty Kendall May 1, 2012 at 2:58 am

what about “Dead Air” ?

20. Shidousha No Akuma May 3, 2012 at 7:15 am

There are so many good zombie movies out there!!!

Night of the Creeps – Come on guys, the Cult Classic from hell…!

Burial Ground – What other movie can you watch a dwarf, who is portraying a child, bit off his mother tit!? NONE I tell you… NONE!!!

Dead Set – Before there was the Walking Dead, there was this little UK gem! i only wish they did a second season! I even signed a petition for it.

Return of the Living Dead – Ohhhh…. and lets not pay homage to where the call out for “Braaaainzzz!!!” came from… Tisk…Tisk…

Children – I’m not sure if this counts as a zombie flick, but it’s close. Quick synopses: It about a bus full of kids that get driven through a toxic cloud and when they emerge, they are like zombies with black finger nails; and when they hum someone, that person melts.

Rammbock: Berlin Undead – A bad ass German zombie fest!

Outpost 1 & 2 – I believe this is a UK release. Very cool ghost/zombie type of flick about Nazi zombie/ghost. Part 2 just came out.

Dead Snow – Another Nazi zombie flick, but this one is funny.

Worst Case Senario – The GREATEST zombie movie that was never made. Hopefully Frankenstein’s Army will live up to what WCO could have been.

Cemetery Man – A funny zombie fun-fest from the UK.

Make-Out with Violence – A really cool inde film.

** Here’s a shit load of other for your cerebral craving enjoyment!

American ZombieDead Moon RisingUndead Dead and BreakfastDead Alive Dead HeatBoy Eats Girl Hide and CreepDance of the DeadUndead or Alive****Asian zombie movies:VersusWild ZeroG.P. 506Batoru gâru: Tokyo crisis warsZombrex: Dead Rising SunTokyo ZombiHelldriverSchoolgirl ApocalypseRape Zombie: Lust of the DeadZombie Ass: Toilet of the DeadSôginin – andâteikâ  -AKA- Undertaker (coming soon 2012)Ame-agari no kimi  -AKA- Rain for the Dead (coming soon 2012)AHHHHGGGRRRAHHH!!!! There’s just so many to list!!!

21. Marco May 14, 2012 at 9:05 pm

No Land of the Dead…..  That’s just great -_-

22. kranthi May 21, 2012 at 4:17 pm

where is evil dead in the list???? it is a scariest zombie movie ever!!

23. Shidousha No Akuma May 22, 2012 at 12:04 am

Kranthi:

Evil Dead does not have Zombies, the are demons from the Necronomicon.

24. Daniel Franks May 28, 2012 at 2:27 am

So much choice and I still can’t decide. Enjoyed seriousness and finish quality of 28 days later, light side of Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland, also enjoyed the Crazies. Think they all have character that makes them re-watchable, rather than one-time only.. suggestions welcome!

25. Jamie Hannigan June 7, 2012 at 4:28 pm

If you want to be involved in a zombie movie, check out our kickstarter for Camp St. Zombie! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jvw/camp-st-zombie-0

26. Tyler Bowie June 10, 2012 at 11:14 am

Shaun of the dead is the best.

27. THurts June 26, 2012 at 11:27 pm

LAND OF THE DEAD! Zombies that think …… come on

• Neil Fawcett July 9, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Worked brilliantly in Day!

28. DaMic June 27, 2012 at 1:27 am

this list is nothing but Fail. and the writer should be fired. 28 days later should never be on the list the infected are not zombie like, they are stark raging mad! And the resident evil series sucked, it was the only way he could get the stick thin washed up actress of his back.

• Elizabeth Reszke July 2, 2012 at 7:44 am

the writer didn’t come up with this list. the people who liked their facebook page did. 14,000 people who voted for their favorite zombie movie made this list. are you going to say that those 14,000 fans should be “fired” for their OPINION!?!?!?!

• A.S.S July 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm

they may not be able to be fired, but those 14,000 fans are fucking idiots 2 of the movies listed have no reason to be on the list.

29. BradleyJr July 4, 2012 at 7:18 pm

What about zombie flesh eaters?

30. morbid_slayer_25 July 5, 2012 at 5:13 am

Resident Evil? that movie sucked, there are movies waaaay more deserving of being in that list than Paul Anderson’s crapfest …

31. A.S.S July 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Resident evil… Ahead of La Horde, thats a terrible movie resident evil doesn’t follow the game and the movie all around is bad.

28 days later isn’t even a zombie film… They’re infected with a rage virus, notice they don’t need to be hit in the head to be killed…

32. luka miletic July 10, 2012 at 1:26 am

Osombie should be up there instead of Resident Evil and 28 Days Later. 28 Days/Weeks later scared me shitless but they aren’t Zombies. George A. Romero had all his zombie films right. I agree with that list apart from Resident Evil and 28 Days Later. In place of those two I’d have Osombie and Dawn of the Dead (2004.) Film Adaptations of games such as Left 4 Dead and especially Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare should be created.

33. cookinghousenet July 24, 2012 at 5:02 am

Resident Evil the one and only !

34. Christopher Wayne Thompson August 4, 2012 at 2:58 am

I live, breathe and die zombies and this is the most accurate list I have ever seen you should feel proud

35. Guest August 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm

ok

36. Daniel Hodous September 5, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I very much enjoyed this article however due to the 28 days later comment I am rather torn by the “die-hard” comment seeing as I am in the upper echelon of die-hard fans and I not only enjoyed the evolution of the Zombie as a super-jacked up predator.. I found it more threatening as an apocalyptic scenario as the infection would spread much quicker and the method of defense would be extremely more difficult than the traditional zombie, that alone puts the ’28’ franchise much much higher on my list. Again great article (also Zombieland above Shaun of the Dead albiet ever so slightly and thank Bill Murray for that).

37. Good Movies Bad Movies February 6, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I love Zack Snyder’s Dawn of The Dead. I still haven’t seen the Director Cut yet.

38. matthew June 24, 2013 at 12:10 pm

that was not 15

39. matthew June 24, 2013 at 12:11 pm

put thay are all good

40. christine February 6, 2014 at 2:19 am

DAwn of the dead is the best for me