Walking Dead Season 4: Dark Things To Come

Herner Klenthur 28 Comments

If you have not watched all of Season 3 of The Walking Dead you should probably not read this post about Walking Dead Season 4. It contains some mild Walking Dead spoilers!

The Walking Dead Season 4 is promising much dark times as The Governor returns to wreck more havoc on Rick and the survivors. Robert Kirkman has confirmed that although the Governor had massacred most of his own people he and his two henchmen will still continue to cause grief in Season 4 of The Walking Dead even though they will not be the main antagonist.

Most likely The Governor and his army that is now nothing more than two thugs are camped out near or in the catacombs of the prison waiting to strike back at Rick and his team. At the end of Season 3 The Governor completely lost his marbles.

Rick's own son Carl will find his place in the world and it may not be the place his law bringer father would appreciate. Carl I think will be the highlight of Season 4 of The Walking Dead as his story unfolds and he transitions in age to a young adult.

So far Carl has faced many challenges but after the shocking killing in Season 3 of a young man and his cold reaction to his father confronting him about it I think we are going to find a very interesting teen-angst angle.

In what I believe will be an arc involving teen love we will also see a lot more of Emily Kinney who plays Hershel's youngest daughter Beth. She will go from a part time character to a full time regular in Walking Dead Season 4. No doubt taking on an important role in Carls life.

Most teenagers hit a phase in their lives where they challenge authority and act out and in Season 4 Carl is likely going to take it to a whole new level.

The key thing in Season 4 of The Walking Dead is that The Governor is not going to be the primary threat. The show runners feel that the show has lost its focus and the zombies are now so common place they are not seen as a threat. Season 1 was all about escaping the undead, Season 2 was all about Shane and Season 3 was all about the Governor. Season 4 will be all about the Zombies and the serious threat that they do pose as they once again move to the position of primary villain in The Walking Dead.

In Season 2 and Season 3 of The Walking Dead we got used to the zombies being a part of the background just like the trees and in Season 4 they will move up a notch and remind us all that they are a vicious, mindless and dangerous foe. This according to the ComicBook Blog

Two less noteable characters are also returning in Season 4. TVLine, reports that Chad L. Coleman and Sonequa Martin-Green who were both in Season 3 playing Tyreese and Sasha will return to reprise their roles in Season 4. In season 3 they played very minor roles so we will see where things step up to in the 4th season of The Walking Dead.

Walking Dead Season 4: Dark Things To Come

Last but not least we will see the introduction of a new character from the Walking Dead Graphic Novel namely Abraham. AMC is casting a character named Roy Stark whom fans are connecting with Abraham Ford from the graphic novel. He is an army medic suffering from trauma caused before the zombie apocalypse and during it. To say his character is dangerous, complex and disturbed is an understatement.

Roy Stark aka Abraham Ford is a very complex character that is haunted by his demons and is not to be trifled with. His family was attacked in the Graphic Novels and what he ended up doing in response to that makes the Governor seem like a kitten in comparison. We know that Robert Kirkman and AMC will not follow the graphic novels exactly but I am sure they will fill in Abraham's back story in the 4th season and needless to say it will shock you.

Walking Dead Season 4 will begin shooting on May 4th and will air on AMC as well as on Demand for those who do not have AMC in October of 2013. Are you excited for Season 4 ? Where do you hope to see things go?

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. Marco Barreto April 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I don’t really care where it goes from here, as long as we can still count on Daryl and Michonne

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 17, 2013 at 12:39 am

You are not alone my friend. :)

• Teea Lynn March 21, 2014 at 9:13 am

My two favorite characters

2. Dave April 16, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I agree with Marco. Honestly, after hearing all the hype about this show for the past couple years I was hesitant to watch it, ( I blame the horrible direction the vampire movies have gone), but this is by far one of the best, if not THE best show on television… I love it.

3. Melissa Maynard April 16, 2013 at 3:31 pm

People need to read the novels. Abraham will not be introduced in the show yet according to the rob stark casting call. The description of rob stark is way closer to a character named bob stooky. He is mostly in the novels but he is the man who saves the gov after michonne was done with him. Producers of the show are going to move far away from the comics but nab a bit of storytelling from the novels. Introducing Abraham in season 4 is just so unlikely to me. Abe is introduced way after the prison. plus there is Tyrese still in the show. dont get me wrong. i would love to see Abe in the show. just not this season or the next. Just my opinion.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 17, 2013 at 12:38 am

Awesome and very well presented comment. I am going to do some research on Bob Stooky. Thanks for taking the time to not only comment but share some great wisdom

4. andrea April 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Great to know there will be a Season 4, a great series, Andrew Lincoln is a brilliant actor, I was an extra in ‘This Life’, where he was a solicitor back in the nineties, he was good in that too ! more recently my partner Dave and I were Zombies in a movie called ‘The Dead Inside’, it is brilliant fun, so if you get stuck for extras – just give us a call in the UK ?

5. carlos April 16, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Can’t wait for it big fan….

6. Chandra Jordan April 16, 2013 at 9:33 pm

There’s zero confirmation Roy Stark is Abraham. ZERO.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 17, 2013 at 12:36 am

Thanks Chandra you are right. It could be a completely different character.

7. John Sturdy April 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I’d never even heard of the walking dead untill just b4 d 1st series came on British TV. I remember I was looking 4 something online & by pure chance spotted this picture of this publicity stunt, staged in London. On d bridge I think, it was a gd while ago. Anyway I just remember thinking I wd’ve loved 2 done that. Either as 1 of d walkers, or 4 shits n giggles. Screaming like hell 4 help & pretending 2 b running away from them!
        Wd’ve been funny. Anyway I’ve never come across d novels graphic or otherwise. Very glad there’ll be a 4th series & hopefully many more. Dissapointed but not really supprised, Andrea did’nt make it this time. Still can’t believe d Govenour did, after Andrea got him surrounded. I know it’s old news, but it was d 1 thing I just really did’nt C coming! U know there’s him & a gd few others that I’m sure I’ve seen in other things. Can’t place em though.

8. Lauren April 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm

love this show, but it is not the BEST on TV, there are a few great shows going on right now, Revolution… another great one……check it out…..Carl…honestly I am not sure why would he have such an importance to the next season….Daryl…YES…. Michonne as well, those 2 characters are powerful…about Glenn, he start has a pizza delivery… and look at him now….great job…..Let s now forget Rick, however he was a cop to start with, so he had his training done before this horror happen…..I miss LOrie and Andrea… and T-Bone…..

9. Logan April 17, 2013 at 12:28 am

can’t what to see abraham huge fan of him it was sad when he died

10. Frank April 17, 2013 at 1:03 am

Thank goodness that the walkers will be more threatening in Season 4. While I enjoy the human drama, conflict & character development…the Walking Dead producers have lost quite a bit of tension concerning the undead. Emphasis on TENSION. Not playing whack-a-mole with zombies each week…but actual creepy, blood curling tension. They are treated almost like props or gimmicks anymore. That is a sure fire way of having the show go down the tubes. Are the human threats important? Of course. Are they the bigger “monsters”? Many times. But the walkers have got to always make the show & the viewers remain on the edge of their seat with creepy tension. Not even talking about surprise scares here. I love the show. It’s my favorite thing on television. But does anyone ever get used to walking dead people that want to eat you? If you were walking around, wouldn’t you feel hesitant to turn any corner? Or be grabbed from one laying under a car? These things are everywhere. One last note. AMC has really number crunched the budget so much that it is affecting the show. Losing 2 showrunners in 3 seasons? Or how about the discontinuity of logic concerning walkers. Great opening episode in Season 3…but if you pay close attention, a whole pile of walkers chase Rick & company into the cafeteria where they chop Hershel’s leg off. T-Dog & Daryl can barely hold the door closed. But in the very next episode, when they open the doors to make it back down the hallways to the rest of the crew, T-Dog only kills ONE walker. Just one. Where did they all go? Surely, they didn’t just wander away in a minute or two. They were all chasing food. Lame budget cuts are the only reason why we didn’t see a horde come piling through that door when they opened it. Anyway…sorry for rambling friends. I noticed this treatment of walkers all season long & welcome the return to focusing on them. Here’s hoping they bring back the tension.

• Dennis Francis April 17, 2013 at 4:51 am

@Frank…

• Dennis Francis April 17, 2013 at 5:00 am

Oops. Accidentally hit the enter key.

Anyways, I couldn’t agree more with your comments and honestly felt that you have the best comment regarding the show for Season 3. With a lot of people hating on the season, hopefully they can read this to have an idea on why the producers were forced into a character themed season with no much emphasis on the zombies.

As much as I loved the season and thought it was brilliant, the focus was taken from The Walkers and kind of made you forget it was a zombie show.

If any of the people who run this website see @Franks comment above. I would love to see an invite to allow him to write a special on this specific topic. I feel he has a lot to say and can give to the community a different insight.

Haha sorry Frank to throw you out there but you defending the show while still being able to in a way “bring it down” are the exacts thoughts I have and you deserve a lot of credit for how in depth you went. I have seem to many people attack the season with no valid explaniation aside from the fact that “it didn’t go they way THEY wanted it”

Great comment man. Thank you!

11. shawn April 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

watched all the seasons 1 was great 2 was a bit boring and also because of rick killing shane and them almost spending all of their days finding Sophia and I think 3 was the greatest by far because of the governor but I agree that I miss the zombies.

12. shawn April 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm

also I like Daryl’s character portrayal very much :)

13. awesomeness April 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm

i really hope that Morgan and Duane return. they could be super bad ass

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 17, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I agree I was dissapointed how short their return was in Season 3.

• shawn April 18, 2013 at 4:54 am

Duane died… and Morgan was losing his grip
          well anyway did anyone got upset when Merle died I guess I’m the only one :(

14. DannyCipollone April 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Personally Roy Stark sounds like it could be Eugene more than it sounds like Abraham.

15. dave April 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Just watched the last episode of season 3, roll on 4, hopefully with more gore

16. Titan April 20, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Will Carl’s teen love be a love relationship, or a crush on Beth? because although she is playing the part of a young lady, she is in her late 20′s. That may be a little awkward for her. lol

17. Karan April 22, 2013 at 5:02 am

So far, my favourite season has got to be the 2nd one. I haven’t read the comics but I feel they shouldn’t have killed off Shane so early. He was an important part and gave an interesting angle to the show. Season 3 focused a bit too much on The Governor and they stretched it a lot. I’m happy Andrea’s dead though lol
        I’m looking forward to see more of Carl, Daryl and Emily Kinney as Beth Greene(She’s CUTE! :O ) .
        This year is gonna be great.

18. salmonella May 14, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Do anything you want just don’t kill off Daryl, because i don’t want to stop watching the show but if Daryl dies i will

19. nathan nettles May 26, 2013 at 3:59 am

This show rocks! Can’t wait till october. I will definately be looking for the graphic novel @ the book store! Heard they were really good

20. Tyler May 27, 2013 at 6:25 am

Am I the only person who dislikes Rick? Love the show though, it is one of the best on TV.