Amazon’s Zombieland Series Is Cancelled

Chris Savage 8 Comments

Amazons Zombieland Series Is CancelledAfter its one month trial period, it appears as if Amazon Studios has pulled the plug on the Zombieland series. The decision was made based upon viewers reactions and its probably safe to assume that there are other factors that swayed the decision.

Its always extremely hard to judge a series on its pilot episode. I mean, I usually don’t get into something straight away, it takes time, and perhaps this is what the Zombieland series needed. Still, justĀ becauseĀ Amazon has dropped the series, it doesn’t mean it is gone for good as it could be passed on to another network, or perhaps this one is just better off dead.

Rhett Reese, writer of the series and the film of the same name took to Twitter to announce the shows fate;

Our Zombieland series will not be moving forward on Amazon. Sad for everyone involved.

I’ll never understand the vehement hate the pilot received from die-hard Zombieland fans. You guys successfully hated it out of existence.

Anyway, we did our best, and we’re very proud of our team.

So what do you guys say? Did you think it had potential or was it doomed from the get go?

Most Disturbing Horror Movies 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012

1. Ian May 17, 2013 at 11:18 am

Their biggest mistake was to recast the original characters, it would have worked better if it were new characters because it opens up for Cameos in later episode

2. Tiago Almeida May 17, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Thanks God. That pilot was seriously bad.

3. DavidStaggs May 17, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Good! The trailer alone was aweful and this was a horrible idea in the first place. I would rather have a sequel to the movie with the original cast!

4. Herner Klenthur May 17, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I loved the pilot and I seriously hope that they take it to NETFLIX. NETFLIX will give it a budget that it deserves and I think it will be a hit.

5. DavidStaggs May 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I would be cool for Netflix to give it a shot

6. Gus May 19, 2013 at 3:06 am

I think the show had and still have a great deal of potential. As stated on this article, it is very hard to judge the real potential of a series based on the pilot alone. Series like this need a bit of time to adjust, cast members need to find their confort zone and the creators need to have a chance to see what works what does not and build upon the strengths of the concept. I think we can all recall stories about very successful shows that were nearly canceled in their first seasons due to negative reactions. The show “The Office” is a great example of that. The very first few episodes had terrible reviews mostly because the american version was trying too hard to copy the UK version. After realizing their mistake the makers of the show decided it was better for the show to have more of its own voice and the rest is history. At that time Itunes had a big part in keeping the show alive as well because despite the very negative reviews the show was doing well on Itunes. I must say that I personally agree with the first post here by Ian. Maybe establishing new characters within the Zombieland universe would allow the show to remain appealing to the fans while having it’s own identity. Best of luck to the show and all involved with it.

7. Floyd May 19, 2013 at 6:38 am

Loved the pilot. Netflix.

8. Chad November 19, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Pilot was awesome bring it back I’ll be in