Exclusive: Poltergeist Remake Shooting Now, First Set Details

Herner Klenthur 10 Comments Movie Page: Poltergeist (2014)

Exclusive: Poltergeist Remake Shooting Now, First Set DetailsA scooper contacted us to share some insights on the upcoming Poltergeist remake. The scoop includes where it is shooting as well as some minor plot details. Minks tells us quote;

Filming is underway here in Toronto. They picked a creepy old historical home close to me and I just got notice that their equipment trucks will be parked on my street. The synopsis makes it sound like its not a straight remake and the story will be slightly altered (no Indian burial ground vs greedy developer?)

They chose a good hood to shoot in. Long rumoured as one of the most haunted in the city. Heard some scary ish from neighbours….

In a followup Minks writes;

Willow tree productions is filming interior scenes at [ redacted to avoid chaos ]. Directed by Gil Kenan and produced by MGM. (side note this notice is only for a day of shooting but there have been film trucks parked across the street from 469 off n on this summer).

It’s described as a “re-telling” of the 1982 original story of a young family visited by ghosts in their home. The location represents a house being “cleaned” by a TV parapsychologist.

An interesting note about the location is that it is considered the oldest still lived-in residence in Toronto. Went by last night and it looks like if it’s not haunted then it must be inhabited by weirdo reclusive types who harbour deep, dark secrets from the past Exclusive: Poltergeist Remake Shooting Now, First Set Details

Just a few days ago our team member Chris let you know about a new casting update as well. According to Deadline, Jared Harris (pictured right; Sherlock Holmes, The Ward) has been cast in the upcoming remake of Tobe Hooper’s classic 1982 flick Poltergeist.

Are you excited for the new ‘remake’ or are you against it?

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. @76JStockton September 8, 2013 at 11:42 pm

My 1st instinct is to dump all over this.

2. James McDonald September 8, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I am very excited about this Poltergeist remake. I hope it does not turn out cheap and becomes a movie of high-quality. I hate those low-budget movies that flash a person with long, stringy hair or a quick take of a child or adult with a gross face.

3. Georganne Black September 9, 2013 at 3:21 am

Minks – I found the house that you are describing. It is called Spadina Museum. The house looks like it is in full snarl.

4. bevdee September 17, 2013 at 1:06 am

Minks – do you really think weirdo reclusive types are likely to rent their homes out as film sets?

5. ss September 27, 2013 at 5:51 pm

The movie is also being filmed in Hamilton in the midst of suburbia on the West Mountain.

• Brian belview September 28, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Yes it is I live right near there and it’s belying filmed in a really nice new development area of Hamilton

6. Watcher November 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm

They actually filmed the outdoor scenes behind my house. I have much video and pics. (Willow tree, house etc). The outdoor scenes were shot in Hamilton, Ontario in a subdivision built in the early 90’s. I watched Sam get a black eye throwing a football in between scenes…

• Christopher March 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

I can’t wait to see it! Loved the original and expect to thoroughly enjoy this one! :-)

7. billted August 4, 2014 at 11:11 pm

And I cant wait for the black eyed peas to re-imagine Sgt. Pepper.

I expect to thoroughly enjoy that.

8. Georganne Black August 5, 2014 at 1:44 am

Did anyone look up Spadina Museum?