Topic: The best evil doll movies in my opinion.

1. Trilogy of Terror.
2. Puppet Master.
3. Child's Play.
4. Bride of Chucky.
5. Devil Doll (1964).
6. Magic.
7. Dolls (1987).
8. Dead Silence.
9. Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey).
10. Child's Play 2.
11. Puppet Master 3.
12. Poltergeist.
13. Dead of Night (1945).

Last edited by GreenGoblin (2007-08-15 09:59:55)

Re: The best evil doll movies in my opinion.

I'm not into the dool horror films but here's my top 5:

1. Tourist Trap - not dolls but killer mannequins
2. Trilogy of Terror - killer voodoo doll chasing Karen Black around
3. Puppetmaster
4. The Fear - killer wooden mannequin
5. Poltergeist

good lists, I just watched Reincarnation and there is a creepy doll in that one also.

The damned kuni doll in Trilogy of Terror has scared me the most I think; I had nightmares about that one for quite a while.

I really like the "Child's Play" series and the "Trilogy of Terror".  Also worth mentioning, "Dolly Dearest".  Pretty crappy flick, but a guilty pleasure of mine.

Some other good ones are Dolly Dearest, Pinnochio's revenge, and Magic.  My favorite that has yet to be mentioned is a film called  "Pin..."  from 1988. 

There are a few good twilight zone episodes as well.  One called Living Doll, and one called The Dummy.  There is also an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode titled And So Died Riabouchinska

I think you would have to consider the movie May a doll movie per say. I mean she had a doll, and when it was broken she went crazy and decided to make her own out of human parts.  The doll wasnt alive or evil, but I think it fits on this list.  I also think you can include Waxwork as a doll movie since they were wax exhibits come to life. 

And RIP, glad to see someone mention The Fear.  There is a sequel called The Fear: Resurrection but it sucked compared to the origional.

I saw Pin a long time ago and I recall liking it. I wish it would come out on dvd soon.

1. Puppermaster
2. Child's Play
3. Devil Doll
4. Poltergeist
5. Dead Silence

i havent seen trilogy of terror but i will check it out

jmh314 wrote:

Some other good ones are Dolly Dearest, Pinnochio's revenge, and Magic.  My favorite that has yet to be mentioned is a film called  "Pin..."  from 1988. 

There are a few good twilight zone episodes as well.  One called Living Doll, and one called The Dummy.  There is also an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode titled And So Died Riabouchinska

I think you would have to consider the movie May a doll movie per say. I mean she had a doll, and when it was broken she went crazy and decided to make her own out of human parts.  The doll wasnt alive or evil, but I think it fits on this list.  I also think you can include Waxwork as a doll movie since they were wax exhibits come to life. 

And RIP, glad to see someone mention The Fear.  There is a sequel called The Fear: Resurrection but it sucked compared to the origional.

If you count "May" as a doll flick, then that's definately at the top of my list.  I fucking love that movie.

KTF, make sure you watch the original; they remade it but it's nowhere near as good.

oh, me too TiM; Angela is so great in that one.

Twilight Zone episode 6 Living Doll..."My name is Talking Tina and I am going to kill you" with Telly Savalis scared the shit out of me.

movie...would be Trilogy Of Terror with Karen Black

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Twilight Zone episode 6 Living Doll..."My name is Talking Tina and I am going to kill you" with Telly Savalis scared the shit out of me.

Glad someone else mentioned the TZ episode.  Ever see the other one I mentioned called The Dummy?  It isnt as good as Living Doll, but not too bad nonetheless. 

Oh an Tim, I do consider May a doll movie in a way.  I know it is stretching the evil doll thing, but since the list is so small i figured it would be an intriguing add to the list.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

That one is really good.  And it never fails to amaze me how many evil people, dolls, bimbos, etc. are named Tina in horror movies, too funny.

Who could forget Goosebump's "Night of the Living Dummy".  tongue

Pin and Tourist Trap are mannequin movies! Slappy is a cool fellow, is he influenced by the Zuni Doll?