Bates Motel is a Ratings Hit for A&E

Jason McDonald 9 Comments

Did you watch Bates Motel last night?  If you did, you certainly weren’t the only one.  The quasi-Psycho prequel made quite a splash last night as it became the highest rated A&E drama in the network’s history.  In total it pulled in 3 million viewers.  1.599 million of which were the coveted 18-49 year old demographic.  In comparison, the second highest rated drama debut for A&E was Breakout Kings which only managed to get 1.522 million in the 18-49 bracket.

So for now it looks as if Bates Motel is here to stay.  What’d you think of the show?  Personally, I thought it was a fantastic start for a new series.  They introduced a lot of interesting characters and left us with a couple of mysterious plot points that’ll be fun to watch unfold.  I can’t wait to see what’s next.  Let us know what you thought in the comments!

Bates Motel is a Ratings Hit for A&E

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! Sexiest Horror Movie Victims Most Disturbing Horror Movies

1. James McDonald March 19, 2013 at 9:32 pm

The re-construction of the exterior of the Psycho house is fantastic. This is not the one that was used on the Universal lot. This is filmed in British Columbia, Canada. The interior set of the Psycho house seems perfect in detail to Psycho (1960) as well as, Psycho 2 (1983), Psycho 3 (1986) and Psycho 4: The Beginning (1990). I think Alfred Hitchcock would have been pleased.

2. JJ Goode March 19, 2013 at 9:35 pm

It’s definitely worthy of setting an A&E record. Bates Motel will be an amazing series, and I work at DISH with plenty of already-loyal fans. It’s sure to offer plenty of suspense, too, so I’m saving every episode to my DISH Hopper. With my hard drive able to store up to 2,000 hours of entertainment, I have plenty of space for everything in my lineup and the entirety of a show when it’s bound to be good.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur March 19, 2013 at 11:32 pm

This is both the funniest and the WORST spam comment ever. You are hilarious if you think your off topic and intellectually insulting comment will sell Dish Hoppers. I do like how you did declare that you work for dish, FCC requirement?

3. mouthexplos1on March 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Potential, I will have to see 2-3 more episodes.

4. BlondeRobynGirl March 22, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I watched Bates Motel last week, and to be honest, I’m not sure what I think of the show. I recognized quite a few actors and I think the house looks great, but the actor who plays Norman seemed like he was really forcing his lines. I just didn’t get a great feeling from the show. I’m planning on watching another episode or two to figure out what I think before deciding anything though.

• seniorfata$$ March 23, 2013 at 1:00 am

You should shut it.

5. ashley April 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

love it…

6. Tiago Almeida April 8, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Very nice. I just watched the first 2 episodes, and they are amazing.
        The actors are very good. Norman and Norma are great actors. The script is very good, showing a sick relation between the boy and his mother. And great suport characters as well.
        Let’s see if they can keep up with this quality, but so far, it is very nice. Psycho fans just have to watch it…

7. Randy April 26, 2013 at 12:24 am