As with many films I wait for the home video release (money is tight unfortunately) to finally pass judgement, and it finally looks as if Fede Alvarez’s remake of the Evil Dead is making its way home as IGN has the exclusive scoop.
According to the site, Sony Pictures is unleashing the film onto Blu-ray and DVD with UltraViolet this July 16th, and we have all the details and box-art below.
I can understand why so many were against this to begin with, I mean, this is a remake of one of the best horror films ever! But, we have to give credit where credits due. The film looks utterly awesome! Here’s hoping I don’t get let down.
The film will feature the following supplements;
- Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)
- “Making Life Difficult” – The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film
- “Being Mia” – The Physical and Psychological Transformation into “Evil Mia”
- “Directing The Dead” – Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic
- “Unleashing The Evil Force” – Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)
- “Evil Dead the Reboot” – Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)