Do you remember Marc Lawrence’s 1972 flick Pigs? Yeah, that little sucker. Well, it appears as if the film is set to receive the Blu-ray treatment courtesy of the fine folks over at Vinegar Syndrome this March 29th. But, what make this really special is this is the original director’s cut, and it’s the first time this version has ever been released on home video, so what are you waiting for?
Synopsis: Lynn Webster is a mysterious and beautiful young woman with a deadly secret. After arriving in a secluded California town, she takes a job as a waitress for Zambrini (Marc Lawrence), an elderly former circus performer who runs a small cafe, complete with a pen of 12 hungry pigs. Local legend has it that his pigs only eat human flesh and that in order to satisfy their growing appetites, Zambrini has begun to murder drifters. Soon the sheriff (Jesse Vint) begins to get suspicious of the strange goings on at Zambrini’s farm and grows closer and closer to discovering the shocking truth of the pigs.
- Region Free Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
- Newly scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm Interpositive
- Featurette w/ actress Toni Lawrence
- Featurette w/ composer Charles Bernstein
- Audio interview w/ cinematographer Glenn Roland
- Promotional artwork gallery
- Alternate “Exorcism” opening sequence
- Alternate “Daddy’s Girl” opening sequence
- Alternate “Daddy’s Girl” ending sequence
- PIGS original theatrical trailer
- LOVE EXORCISM theatrical trailer
- Reversible cover artwork by Chris Garofalo
- English SDH Subtitles
You can pre-order your copy HERE for $20.98.