Another Night of the Living Dead Remake in 2012

TheM

If there is one thing that I think must haunt George Romero every single day is the bad situation that resulted in his original zombie classic Night of the Living Dead ending up Public Domain so that anyone with a best buy camera can then release a new take on it whenever they feel like it.

We have seen alot of remakes of the movie over the years with some being worse then others. Most are really really low budget flicks made by fans with lots of heart and limited equipment that rarely are more then a blip on the radar. The flip side is Romero remade his own movie in 1990 and had Tom Savini direct it and for me that remake was actually as good as the original.

Today comes news that another remake is coming and will be directed by Matt Cloude. I have no idea if he is a filmmaker or just a fan with alot of passion but he is going to take a stab at a new Night of the Living Dead with a release date of sometime in 2012. If there is one thing we can be sure of it wont be hard for him to at least put out a better film then Night of the Living Dead 3d.

1. The Creature April 8, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m actually not annoyed by this news at all. I love the Night of the Living Dead storyline, and seeing it revised or changed is something I always find interesting to watch. I even enjoyed Night of the Living Dead 3-D (2006), even if it was a total piece of crap. Bottom line, I guess, is that I just love seeing zombie movies.

2. MattCloude April 9, 2011 at 12:20 am

I like this idea 😉

• HorrorMovies April 9, 2011 at 1:04 am

much luck with it Matt hope you can make a success of it.

3. Lieutenant Bastard April 9, 2011 at 12:27 am

Was this article written by a 10 year old?? Jesus christ, get a grasp on the English language before you decide to start waxing intellectual about film.

4. Skincarver April 9, 2011 at 4:50 am

dont kill it matt you got huge shoes to fill

5. MattCloude April 9, 2011 at 5:08 am

Everyone has their heart in the right place, including Judith O’dea

6. Cronos April 9, 2011 at 5:58 am

Rehash rehash rehash. How many times is this undead horse going to get beaten? It is bad enough that Hollywood has to remake everything that they think they can make a buck on, but independent and low budget film makers are suppose to be original and creative, not doing something that has been done again and again. And don’t give me the “Its a new take on it” BS. I think it is pretty pathetic. Somebody get an original idea and stop raping cinema’s past.

7. Illario April 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Given that we’re living through this scenario with the Tea Party and the GOP propagating the same failed policies that have led to repeated economic collapses over the last 100 years, this movie seems particularly appropriate right now. Maybe one day soon we’ll wake up, be done with the zombie lies, zombie policies, zombie wars that are sucking the lifeblood out of this country, and we can get back to inventive and innovative films that explore positive aspects of the present and future, not the political and affective undead. (Pace Freud.)

8. chubungie May 5, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I really liked the version Tom Savini directed too. Horror icon Tony Todd starred, and Bill Moseley even had a bit part.

9. TerrorCorner May 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love the original (I even have a 12 inch tall collectible figure of the zombie from the start of the film), and actually didn’t mind the Romero re-make. My problem isn’t so much that there is a remake being made- but rather that it’s just one of SO many of them. I’m tired of hearing that this is being remade/reboot, and that that is being remade/rebooted.

Sure, be inspired by these classics, but make a film that is truly YOUR idea and story.

10. John_harley63 May 18, 2011 at 7:44 am

I understood that this was not a remake but a sequel to the original story. Written by the original author,John Russo,explaining how the dead emerged after a failed lab experiment in the quest for eternal life..

11. GumbyOfTheDead May 18, 2011 at 11:44 am

Bill Hinzman… The Original Zombie
        Accept no substitute

12. Jade328 October 5, 2011 at 8:12 am

I think in the wake of series like THE WALKING DEAD, a really great remake can be accomplished. But it must be done PROPERLY.

13. Metal Monkey April 3, 2012 at 1:58 am

Matt Cloude cut his teeth under John Johnson who is remaking Plan 9 from Outer Space. As Johnson is doing with his project – Plan 9 – Cloude seems to be exploiting the fact that NOTD is in the public domain and already a popular franchise in order to try to make a name for himself. Hopefully it will not work.

14. Joe Hotham April 8, 2012 at 4:17 am

Matt Cloude is doing it RIGHT! The talent he is assembling thus far reflects the proper approach to a cult classic that has earned so much respect and struck such a soft spot w/all of us. The make-up alone (a must be done right for any deadhead project) is going to give you an eyegasm;)

-Joe Hotham

15. Streebo June 25, 2012 at 7:03 pm

This project needs to die a fiery death.

16. feelingfine99 December 5, 2012 at 1:45 am

The remake isn’t as good as the first, nowhere near!!!