Bruce Campbell Evil Dead Cameo? Find Out

Herner Klenthur 20 Comments

Bruce Campbell Evil Dead Cameo? Find Out

I have not seen the Evil Dead Remake yet because I have worked all weekend. That said the answer on whether Bruce Campbell has a cameo in Evil Dead has been answered. Read no further if you dont want to know the answer.

I may not have seen the Evil Dead remake but one of the downsides of moderating comments is movies tend to get spoiled for me and yes even though I have not seen the film I now know whether or not Bruce Campbell has a cameo… unless of course the reader is lieing to me Bruce Campbell Evil Dead Cameo? Find Out

First off lets talk about Bruce Campbell's past comments. He said himself the following facts on Twitter;

@GroovyBruce not in it.No Ash character.I am a producer on it.Due: 4/12/13

Notice he said no Ash but de did not say no cameo. I questioned how you could do an Evil Dead and not have Bruce Campbell play Ash but even more so how do you make a remake and not include him?

Bruce Campbell is far to important to old school horror fans and is just too big of an icon to not include in the Evil Dead Remake in my humble view. So you ready for the spoiler?? Ready to find out if Bruce Campbell has an Evil Dead Cameo?

A reader tells me that Bruce Campbell has a cameo that takes place after the credits which just gets me all that more excited to see the movie. How on earth did Sam Raimi work Bruce Campbell into the remake? My guess is the kids are visiting the house from the original Evil Dead but are deliberately different and Bruce either came first, or will come later in the timeline.

If you have seen the movie already and know the answer leave a comment below. Obviously this post is a huge spoiler post so spoilers in the comments are fine.

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 20 Best Horror Films of 2011

1. Gilbert April 7, 2013 at 7:41 pm

After the credits, we see a a silhouette of Bruce Campbell for a second before he turns to the screen and says “Groovy”.

2. Midnite Marauder April 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm

It wasn’t anything good or bad. It was like that spoof promo at the end credits for Casa De Mi Padre. Except it wasn’t really funny or teasing at anything.

3. TheDude1989 April 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm

The post scene credits scene with him standing there was completely useless and a waste of time. I would have much rather seen a reference to him in the film somewhere.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 7, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I completely agree now that I finally got out and saw it. The remake was good but nowhere near as good as the original

• Andy. May 13, 2013 at 8:03 am

Seconded, The Dude.

4. Gemma James April 8, 2013 at 8:52 am

Actually they do make a nod towards the original with the car that ash drove in the beginning of the movie.

5. Jeff Carson April 8, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I must have zoned. I dont recall seeing him. and especially dont remember anyone saying “groovy”? Overall I liked it but certainly not the most terrifying movie you’ll ever see, maybe one of the bloodiest. Effects were awesome. Not nearly as fun as the original.

6. Ash April 8, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Like other commenters have said, Bruce does make a 5 second appearance at the end of the credits. All you see is his side profile until he turns to the screen and says “groovy”. Not sure if they will make a sequel with him in it but I hope they do. Also, like Gemma James stated, they do make a nod towards the original Evil Dead by having the car that they drove to the cabin in the original as a wreck (?) behind the cabin which one of the characters is sitting on.

7. Sleestak April 9, 2013 at 1:39 am
      8. ed April 9, 2013 at 9:09 pm
      9. James Powell April 9, 2013 at 9:32 pm

What I’ve read in interviews with Sam is that the plan is to make an Army of Darkness sequel, then a sequel to the remake, then they’re going to do a crossover!!!

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 9, 2013 at 11:20 pm

You are correct. Reported on heavily here :)

10. Pedram July 13, 2013 at 2:03 am

There’s more than just the car reference to the original.

The front of the cabin looks very similar, there’s the scene with the forest “raping” the girl, the chainsaw and “boom stick”, possessed hand/arm, a necklace similar to the one Ash gave his girlfriend in the original, and probably a couple others I’m forgetting.

One of the guys that captures the young girl at the beginning also looks a lot like Sam Raimi, but it didn’t mention him in the credits so I’m guessing it’s someone else.

11. Jeremy Gillespie July 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm

There is a major reference to him in the film **spoiler** the fact that the 73 Oldsmobile is at the beginning with Mia sitting on it, which implied Ash never left which in context of the precious films, and setting this as a story that occurs after the originals and not a remake, means Ash dies in the original. This is important to any real fan because it now completely justifies all the movies before and sense. Like “why if he leaves is he back in evil dead 2″ which always seemed to be a weird hodgepodge remake yet now a remake of 1. Instead it would be purgatory and why he couldn’t leave in the end.

So not reason to have ash in it. Plus we will all see plenty of him In 2016 in Army of Darkness 2

• Pedram July 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm

There were a lot of inconsistencies between the continuity of original three films, as if each one took place in its own slightly different parallel dimension or something, so just because the car is there in this one doesn’t mean Ash died in the original. It could have just meant that his car didn’t get sucked through the portal in this version of the story, or he drove back with the same car after Army of Darkness and certain events transpired to make him leave the car there.
          Perhaps I’m not a “real fan” and don’t think like you, but that’s my take on it.

• Pedram July 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Also, it’s not the exact same Oldsmobile from the original Evil Dead (different year), so there’s that too.

12. Chris July 21, 2013 at 1:01 am

The kids show up after ash…his car is junked in the back of the house….plus did anyone see the Friday the 13th Easter egg????

• Pedram July 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm

What was the Friday the 13th easter egg?

13. Christopher October 1, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Those guys at the top bitching about the ” not as good as the original”, why was the second one made like a remake but with less people. This one ( although not a cult classic) actually had more depth to the story line you stupid fucks!

• John July 27, 2014 at 5:03 pm

You are really stupid and people like you are the reason we are getting all of this shitty remakes.
          Fuck you asshole!